Canon EOS 200D

Canon EOS 200D

See the Best DSLR Cameras in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Amazing!

Best camera I've ever used, can take amazing photos and videos, is affordable, is really great for beginner filmmaking or photography has a mic input and flip out tilt screen

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $560.00.

Very good results and value for money

Canon EOS200D digital camera, Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 lens and Canon 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 lens for a great price at the time at eGlobal online. I see the price of the 10-18mm lens creeping up on websites all the time so I probably only paid 60% of where things are now. I had hoped to move away from dslrs but there was a lot of hype about this camera when it was introduced, so I was tempted to buy it and try it out. The Canon EOS200D is promoted as a beginner’s camera and it has a guided mode, which easily and quickly advances your knowledge so you can move beyond full auto mode. The menu system and touch screen is easy to use and the camera just works when you take a little time to get to know it. It is light weight as are the lenses which I find to be a real plus. I need the 10-18mm lens for professional interior photography. The photos aren’t up to the standard I need straight out of camera but editing them to look the part is a cinch, so it doesn’t matter to me. The Canon dual pixel autofocus for photos and videos is amazing and worth the price of admission alone. These STM lenses have brilliantly silent autofocus mechanisms and are a bargain. It offers HD video and it is nice looking output that simply works. To get the photos looking the way I want them to look, took more work than previous Nikon and Panasonic dslrs that I have owned. For a while I was scratching my head trying to figure it out but once I tested many variations and settings, particularly in P mode, it all came together. Flash photography, even with an external flash is tricky but I pull it together most of the time. It is not a professional output type of camera but putting in some effort with it produces results that I am starting to appreciate as time goes on. Dslr cameras are something I want to leave behind as mobile phone and bridge cameras have improved out of this world in the last two years. But for what I need from a camera at times, at the price point this system is offered, made a pretty compelling case. I can produce professional output for the web with this camera using the elements of light and composition in the work that I do. In conjunction with other clever cameras that I own, I am more satisfied with photography and video work than at any other time in the past 30 years that I have been. Cameras are becoming so good nowadays.

Date PurchasedNov 2011