Canon EOS 400D

Canon EOS 400D

MPNs: 1237B1212 and DS126151

See the Best DSLR Cameras in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Miss e

Miss eGold coast, QLD

Good beginner functionality but be gentle with it

jsambell

jsambellVictoria, 3672

OK

Good

its not good, if your a careless dude.. but great for beginners, if you want this Dslr you must need first to check what suits you, if its point or shot camera or this plastic thing..
its great for photography and its easy light and also user friendly for a beginner.
its build in plastic , and easy to crush and dis assemble if you drop it..

blueclouds

blueclouds

steve58

steve58

This is a great camera for first timers. I got my with the 17-85mm is Lens
I was very happy with it. When cropping in photoshop there is still a lot of detail. Word of warning don't take pictures in the rain like I did it will distroy your camera
ease of use
No Live view which can be useful
Focus spots don't always focus on the item you wish to photgraph
Weak flash

MissyN

MissyN

Good

A great entry lever SLR camera. It has the option of Auto, so that if you haven't quite mastered the basics of SLR shooting yet you can just point and shoot. I find it takes very nice photos, whatever lens I happen to be using, and they enlarge well.

My two big cons are the hand grip which is much smaller than its former model, which sometimes makes it uncomfortable for longer hand-held shoots, and the digital sensor that 'writes' the picture. I find I need to tone down the red hues to get a tuly true-to-life image.
Lightweight, pro/point and shoot options to use
Small hand grip, difficult for any extended shoots. Digital sensor records red heavily.

stephendean

stephendean

When I purchased I know that I would be getting a good camera and I was not wrong. The camera does all I wanted it to do and more. The range od features that it offers are ideally suited to what I shoot. I have used this camera as a magazine writer and photographer and it delivers the goods. I have even taken photos that I have managed to sell in exhibitions. This camera is a great starting point for those that would like to move to the DSLR area.
Lightweight, easy to use, good range of options
No liveview

lily123

lily123

Good

This is my first DSLR and I love this camera - it is easy to use and produces great photos. I also got it cheaper (but in great condition) through ebay. However, if buying again, I would probably get the 450D with the anti-shake lens for better quality night photos.
Takes great photos, even for amateur photographers. Easy to use. Lots of settings for easy experimentation with different lighting, speeds, etc. Can fit generic lens and filters to it.
Heavy and bulky to carry, especially when travelling in hot and humid countries. Can be expensive, particularly replacement parts and lens. Difficult to take clear night shots - the automatic flash makes the photos too stark.

margie51

margie51Vic, 3178

Good

I love this camwera. It takes really good photos. Very clear and able to enlarge if it is on high quality.On Auto it takes great pics but you have the option to use it on manual.Instructions are good if you follow them step by step in the manual but you really need to know something about photography to use it like this all the time. However it is bulky to carry around and I found it difficult to get the pictures I wanted at night and hard to find out how to take them.
Easy to use
Hard to use for night shots
Bulky to carry all the time

tell2all

tell2allGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

karypoo

karypoo

CB_44

CB_44

If you don't mind of carrying a big and heavy camera, swap lenses, learn about exposition, shutter speed that's the camera to start with. If you're not interested to use in Manual or Creative Mode, and is more keen to turn the camera on and take a shot, or use it on AUTO mode buy a compact/pocket camera which are also great.
Great entry level of DSLR! Great shots if you know what you doing.
New and better lenses are quite expensive.

Terrible

Hillcrest

Hillcrest

Good

Very good buy, for the money I paid, it is outstanding value, I use it as a back up camera and the shots are very well exposed, colours come out true to life. Overall very happy
Very light, but hass all the features you expect from a Pro slr camera
standard lens that it comes with 18-55 is very poor, can't even get a good price to sell it on trading post, works well as a paper weight

secret

secret

We should all kknow that out of the top 5 DSLR sellers, that Canon holds at least 65% of the market...and with good reason that they do.
The Canon EOS 400D Twin Lens Kit is great value for money. It proves that you don't have to spend $5000 for a pro camera because this is $999 and gives you all the same features as a pro DSLR.
It has a great A-Depth setting which lets you adjust your depth of feild before you take the shot.
Easy to use
Light Weight
Twin Lens Kit (18-55 & 75-300)
2.5" Screen
AF & MF
Lenses are expensive

Jockmac

Jockmac

Norman

Norman

Great camera, very easy to use for a beginner like myself. The price was great. The camera is fairly light and its a good package with the double lens kit. The second lens is a must if you want any really great photo's. Overall this camera is a great place to start and not a bad place to end if your in for leisure!
Good looking, easy to use, good price, clear menu. Good software.
Flash opens when not needed. If you don't want the flash in the auto mode, you can't use any of the other auto functions.

tayloma