MPNs: 35904358, 35913902, 5260B002 and 2 more

See the Best DSLR Cameras in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

A real work horse

I've had 3 × 5D mkiii's since they came out - as a working pro they have been great cameras - highly recommend these units. I've used in all weather conditions and they've never let me down. They are now nearly 6 years old - get them serviced from time and they won't miss a beat.

Date PurchasedJun 2012

The more I use it, the better it gets.

Had this camera for over 4 years now. Started with the 550D, went to the 5D M2 (second hand) then straight to the 5D M3. I bought this camera primarily for underwater photography, first of all in a cheaper housing, then upgraded to the Nauticam with spectacular results. I have undertaken tuition to better understand this camera, getting away from the safety of full auto opens up a whole different world! This camera demands to be challenged.
I have increased my above water photography as well, branching out into wildlife, landscapes, low light, bright light, action, portrait, micro, macro etc.I have used this camera in the Tropics to the High Arctic both above and below water with no problems, it has been rained on, snowed on and is always ready for the next shot.
I have seriously thought of upgrading, however while this camera produces i will keep using it.(even when I do upgrade)
This camera satisfies my thirst for photographic brilliance.

Date PurchasedFeb 2013

great bit of kit

i bought one of these a couple of months ago and also the extortionately priced 24-55 2.8 L lens to go with it [which doesnt have IS even!!!] anyway i have been taking a few shots lately with it and all i can say is wow - fantastic camera and lens - the shots with my 70-200 f4 are fantastic as well. expensive but well worth the money - brilliant piece of gear

Use to have Nikon

This camera has been unbelievable. It see's in the dark. I have had it now for 3 years. It has weathered extreme heat, freezing cold conditions, I have dropped it a few times and it just keeps on performing! The build quality is superb. I am sure it will last me another 7 years no problem.

Great workhorse

I am using two of these for my work (Photography & Cinematography for various types of events).

There are soo many plus points for this camera:
- Megapixel Count
- AF points
- Solid build
- Nice grip feeling
- clean/nice looking images
- excellent in low light
- nice color output
- many more plus points

Negative points about this camera are the following:
- price is a bit high, comparing it to the 6D but they have their reasons to put such a price on
- no continuous AF during video

This is suitable for anyone who has enough money to afford it
or for those who make money out of it (for their jobs).

If you are just a hobbyist on a budget, get the Canon 6D.
It's 95% identical and costs almost half.

Best digital camera I've every had.

I've had my 5D Mark III two years now and taken heaps of images with it, both indoor and outdoor. If you're looking to buy one second hand, fear not, because these are pretty rugged. It has fantastic low-light ability with very little noise up to about 6000 ISO. It shoots great HD video. Has a huge number of focus points (I only use the centre one, so that's wasted on me). At 21 Megapixels (approx) it will produce enough resolution to make an A3 size print without having to upscale the image at all. If like me, you mess around with your images in Photoshop, 21 Mp is about the right size but you still end up with HUGE image files sometimes. If you've got a lens that doesn't quite focus sharply (it happens even with Canon L lenses) there is an adjustment for this. The full-size view finder is magic. I really appreciate the lock button on the mode wheel. And the lock button on the exposure too.

After my use with it, I would say this camera is aimed at professional wedding photographers. It would really excell at that. I highly recommend it.

My favourite camera

I own a number of cameras and this has to be my favourite. I had an EOS 1DS but sold it and replaced it with the 5D. This is a great camera and all you need for most jobs out there. The 5DIII modifications, over the Mark II, have improved the product even further.
Great low light performance, robust, hard to take a bad shot

The Great Mk3

If you are reading this review then you know that you want the 5D Mk3. Whether you can afford it or not is another question. This camera is worth every penny and canon knows that. That's why they charge so much.
This camera is of professional grade which is to be expected. Everything, from the build quality to the images it produces is brilliant. I know i don't need to go into the technical abilities of this camera because the fact that you are still reading this means that you are just trying to find another justification to go out and buy one. All i can say is, if you have the funds, buy it. Otherwise, start saving.
Build quality, ruggedness, speed, image quality, sexiness.
Price (worth it though), it's not a 1DX, can't shoot with two at the same time.