2.5

2.5

Ell
Ell

Harassing phone calls

This company doesn’t stop calling you. Somehow got my number have blocked them. Get call’s daily. i don’t care what they do but I would not let them get hold of your details. Stay away!
Danny
DannyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA15 posts

Honesty counts

Canstar awards circle life best telco 2 years in a row. It's not how cheap you are it's the service you receive. Circle life treats customers especially the elderly with total disrespect and doesn't rectify problems caused by themselves. I know first hand my 85 year old mothers phone was suspended because a technical error from circle life and hasn't been restored that was 3 days ago. Look at the way you are treated not how cheap your are. You get what you pay for, in my view Canstar should rate on customer satisfaction, isn't that what counts !!!
LTB
LTB7 posts

Sham award given to Budget Direct

Canstar has awarded Budget Direct Insurer of the Year award for a number of years. I have no trust in Canstar awards and Budget Direct should be avoided at all costs. Do companies pay for these sham awards? Budget Direct make it easy to purchase insurance and you save a few $$$ but they have in place automatic renewal of your insurance using your stored credit card details. You have to opt OUT of this process. If you make a claim these stored credit card details are used to pay for your excess. Appalling practices and Canstar awards BD Insurer of the Year. Ignore Canstar Awards and avoid Budget Direct.
Useless info
Useless info

Waste of time

Checking for mobile network review, they stated southern phone has won 3 years outright and when I Google them nothing but the worst reviews.
I seriously don’t understand how this has succumbed to great info and helpful in some what way.
You should get some new staff to reassess your resources
Mariana
Mariana3 posts

Duncan Cameron
Duncan CameronSydney, NSW16 posts

Security Risk

A member of my family recently visited the banking category of the Canstar website and saw an attractive interest rate Term Deposit with Bankwest that was flagged with a "Promoted " badge. Wishing to proceed with this item, my family member was invited by the website to click on a link to Bankwest. After clicking on this link events led to him being scammed of $100,000. Wishing to advise Canstar of the risks that this link may incur from his experience, he found no avenue of communicating this scam to Canstar. Not good enough Canstar! 83 year old loses life savings and can't even talk to you.
Simmo
SimmoPerth, WA3 posts

Canstar 5 star ratings are paid by companies and not a true reflection of services or products provided

After finding out that companies pay Canstar for 5 star awards I no longer trust any company that uses a canstar logo
Marie
Marie15 posts

How does Australian Superannuation get a 5 Star review ???

I want to know how Australian Superannuation has been given a 5 star review from you ??? You obviously have NOT read how badly they treat their customers. You need to go over to their review page and see how this company just barley gets a 1 star from customers and yet you give it 5 stars. Please explain yourself ?Australian Superannuation is one of the WORST companies I have had to deal with. They refuse to give my my late Husband's Superannuation. When I have proof he left It to me In his Will and on his Superannuation nomination form.
crystalline
crystallineSydney, NSW3 posts

Don't trust CANSTAR

I have followed Canstar's recommendation---personal loan lender OurMoneyMarket who declined & damaged my credit rating (even though my rating was excellent). Through CANSTAR I have received 9.99% personalised rate but omm declined my application without even knowing my total financial position, they even didn't bother to call. I got approved through another lender but my rate is higher because of dropped credit rating. CANSTAR please don't provide marketing for irresponsible lender.
Dwain C.
Dwain C.2 posts

Ignores the human aspect

Rating given is on paper only - the proposed deal and cost. Canstar excludes the actual delivery of this promise. Off the canstar website I got travel insurance that was the highest rated.
Once needing to claim on the insurance for a medical emergency overseas was when I discovered the highly rated canstar provider was notorious for not covering what is said in the policy, and days delay between contact.
If you are in emergency in a foreign country and have to wait 72 hours for a response from the insurance provider just to cover the basic surgery cost in pain, how is that a 4.8 star provider.

Never again will I use Canstar, I will look to actual human reviews for my feedback.

Kdawggy
Kdawggy26 posts

Untrustworthy

So a certain broadband provider in nz is rated best in canstar blues reccomendation. On trustpilot this provider out of 1000 reviews has 88 percent 1 star shocking reviews. Canstar must be paid as as an advertiser or get poor data in it's surveys, either way an untrustworthy website.
Golfer
GolferMetropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts

Canstar ignore products they're not affiliated with

Checked house insurance prices, TVs and more: If Canstar asked a prospective client for a commission and that commission was too pricey, Canstar didn't rate them.
Dick Robert
Dick RobertSouthwest, VIC18 posts

Where do they get the money to run this business?

I cannot believe the ratings they give to companies that provide less than satisfactory products. Budget Direct is their leading insurance company. I have obtained quotes on several occasions and they are always hundreds of dollars over my selected company. Product Review asks each person writing a review if they are offered a reward for submitting a review. Well I ask Canstar if they are offered a reward for submitting a favourable review ?
Bianca L.
Bianca L.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC7 posts

False ratings

They only survey around 2000 people, not mentioning demographics - their awards are not worth either believing or useless. They are not a decent judge of products and services. Beware of Canstar ratings and products bearing Canstar ratings.
Carol
Carol17 posts

No trust in canstar

Backs Alinta energy but Alinta accounts not credited after they take your money.a sham canstar

Fatty S.
Fatty S.

What's the most reliable solar powered gate opener in Australia?

Brian M.
Brian M.

do you have security camera comparisons

Haberfield Guy.
Haberfield Guy.

Why is is that you have a slew of 5 star reviews from 1 year ago (by Bruce, Moby, greg.dh, MICHAEL.DENING, Gagan D and others) that stylistically follow the same pattern? They are all worded the same way - focusing on the word "information", how unbiased and factual you are, avoid specifically stating what they actually used your website for, and almost all exactly two sentences long. Oh and a lot of the reviewers have one review, which coincidentally happens to be a 5 star review for Canstar!
A little suspicious for a site that is supposed to be trustworthy, don't you think?

Gavin Hornibrook
Gavin Hornibrook

its a scam 100%

John13
John13

Sometimes, those who are challenged when it comes putting pen to paper, they plagiarize. However, I too, am very weary of a spate of one-hit-wonder five-star reviews - especially those short two-liners that lack substance and beneficial information.

CategoryInsurance Comparison Websites