3Catsan Ultra Clumping

• Large Amount
2.3
Clumping Ability
1.0
Brand Manager for Catsan? Claim your listing.

Steph
StephGippsland, VIC10 posts

Terrible in every way except smell absorbency

The only thing going for this litter is the excellent smell absorbency. It is hit and miss with clumping and the clumps that do form break easily into a crumbly mess making it impossible to get it all. The worst thing though is for the most part it just turns into a sticky black sludge! It's absolutely gross! It tracks on the paws quite a bit too. I do like the smell absorbency so I have been mixing minimal of this in with the Aldi clumping litter but I am on the hunt for something better! Show details
Clumping Ability
jhoppy
jhoppyPerth, WA5 posts

Used to be ok, now just overpriced garbage

Only bought as usual brand was out of stock. We used to buy this but became terrible a few years ago.
Doesnt clump, just dust particles. Gets everywhere. Total waste of money.
It used to be ok but past few years it is just useless.
Dont waste your money  Show details
jhoppy
jhoppyPerth, WA5 posts

Absolute waste of money

This litter is the worst I've ever bought.
Clumps fall apart into little clumps. So end up spending longer cleaning the box due to all the "clumps" that have fallen apart.
a 7kg bag was lucky to last a week for ONE CAT.
Only bought as stores were out of the one I usually get.
Absolute waste of money. Coles or Woolies home brand is a million times better than this garbage.
Don't waste your money. Show details
M Leigh
M LeighQueensland3 posts

Not impressed

Tried this as I was unable to get my usual litter. Never will buy it again. Turns to a sticky paste that sticks to the bottom of the tray and is impossible to scoop up. Odour control was very poor I had to throw the lot out and replace with another brand. Show details
JJ L
JJ LNorthmead4 posts

Been a long time user for this Cat Litter

We have three cats and have been using Catsan Litter for more than 10 years. The clump absorbs a lot of cat urine and didnt release any big smell. Its so easy for us to clean up the litter as the clump sticks easily.

However, the price of catsan has been increased a lot in the past. Sometimes we have to use alternative brand of cat litter to save our expense.

Christine
ChristineTorquay3 posts

Excellent product

Been using this product for years. I find it is a excellent product.

It is easy to scoop up the cat waste.

Animal Lover
Animal Lover

Has the formula changed!

I have used this product for all my cats for the last few years, but recently it just isn't the same stuff, it doesn't clump as well and always seems damp, sticking the bottom of the tray. May have to source another brand if this one doesn't go back to the original formula.

Phil
PhilAU3 posts

Was good but now just a sticky mess

I have used this for years and been very happy. It appears to have changed as now it just turns into a sticky mess on the bottom of the litter tray that is hard to scrape up. Please go back to the old formula.

Elena SalvIllawarra, NSW47 posts

clumps well, moderately dusty

This kitty litter clumps very very well.

But is not good for an asthmatic cat or one with respiratory problems. As kitty is digging moderate plumes of dust are kicked up. Then the kitten sneezes and carries on.

When tipping in the kitty litter it was less dusty than another brand, but still had that dust factor.

It is a good product I just do not like the dust factor. I ended up tossing it out and going with another brand.

Rose Quach
Rose Quach

High Quality Low Cost Cat litter

Great clumping properties, we can easily scoop out the solids and the rest of the litter is still clean. It lasts for a long time, very economical, we use 1 bag for 2 weeks and scoop out the solids 1-2 times a day. Odor control is pretty good but we do use a enclosed litter with carbon filter. Tracking is OK, some do get tracked out, but just next to the kitty litter tray. It's all natural clay and Australian made, not flush-able but that's not a problem as it's biodegradable. Our cat's been using it since she was a kitten and no complaints. We used to get them on sale at Big W for $15 per box ($22 normal price) but they've since stopped ranging it.. we've tried some other litters but they just don't have the same clumping qualities.

annakeeeBrisbane22 posts

Mark
MarkGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC5 posts

Best Cat Litter on the market,

Best Cat Litter on the market, and believe me, with ten cats to care for we have tried every option. It is expensive but has optimum odour control and best clumping ability. We have used Catsan Clumping Litter for many years and always come back to it after trying alternatives.

StaceyG
StaceyG

The only one we'll use now!

We've now been using this for a few years and every now and then I'll go and try something a bit cheaper or a bit different - no such luck. We always come back to the Catsan straight away. It stays stink-free for ages and it clumps together excellently for easy sifting. Everything else we've tried needs to be changed much, much sooner and tends to smell a bit after a while. Considering that our laundry comes straight off our kitchen, I can never smell the cat trays while I'm cooking.

Pam
PamSydney8 posts

very good clumping cat litter

My neighbour recommended Catsan Ultra to me, her cat's been using it for over 7 years and loves it. I only decided to try this when I saw it on sale at BigW.

This cat litter clumps very well, and is so easy to scoop out, so there is basically no stinky smell.

But unfortunately it wasn't for long until my cat started sneezing every time using the litter box, it just got too dusty.
clumps very well, no smell, affordable price
very very dusty makes my cat sneeze.

Michelle Pulleine
Michelle PulleineMetropolitan Adelaide, SA18 posts

The only litter my cat and I both like

My cat will only use litter that has fine grains. He won't use coarser litter or crystals or pellets (like the recycled newspaper ones). I've tried some of the other non-clay litters which have fine grains, but they never worked so well as this and tended to be easier to walk all over the house than this product. It contains the odour well too. It is more pricey than the cheaper ones, but you don't save money buying cheaper products if your cat won't use them. This is all I use now.
Fine grains seem to suit some cats better than coarse.
A bit more expensive, very heavy to carry and scoop through. You need a strong scoop or it will snap.