Chef's Choice 120 EdgeSelect Professional

Chef's Choice 120 EdgeSelect Professional

See the Best Knife Sharpeners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Sharp knives

So, this knife sharpener is pretty good. For the pros and cons:

Pros:
Knives pretty sharp in a short time with minimal effort (pretty important)
Robust design, seems well-made. I can imagine this product lasting 20 years or longer with careful use.

Cons:
Don't bother trying to sharpen serrated knives despite the product's claims. You will ruin the stropping disc in a short amount of time.
I can't get a really finely polished blade, the medium disc is too coarse.
You can't replace the discs without sending back to the factory.

Overall I would recommend this product unless you are a real perfectionist, in which case stick with your wet stones.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Excellent !

Been hand sharpening for 40 years & never realised how good it can be. I chose this 120 model as it has the 3 wheels. I was not sure about the 3rd stropping wheel as I've always used a leather strop but it does the job quite well.

Very very easy to use & any dull standard kitchen knife will shave hair off your arm after just a few pull throughs. I can get a knife sharper by hand but this does the job just fine for me & it does not take sitting down with an oil stone for 20 mins as I have always done.

I'm an electrician often repairing kitchen items & have found the unit to be very well built / solid & the sharpening discs do not need constant replacing as other sharpeners do because the 120's discs are diamond coated & perminant.

Be careful buying this outside of Australia as the US 110v model is not auto dual voltage like a laptop charger etc thus buy it in Australia for 230v version.
Speed & how sharp it can get a knife.

An easy to use very effective product!

It is great. You don't have to remember how many passes through the various slots. You just make one pass and you have a very satisfying result - a sharp knife that seems to last longer than with earlier models.
Easy to use and a good result - a genuinely sharp knife