Kleva Sharp

Kleva Sharp

Alex

AlexSydney, NSW

Disappointing for me.

I tried an 80% sharp damascan sakura but it made it blunter. Also two other smaller knives are no better. It says 3 to 4 pulls only. Maybe mine is faulty. Oh well

Purchased in April 2019 at eBay for $10.00.

Kleva Range
Lucy J.Kleva Range

Scary...?

Agree with elena, lots and lots of metal shaved off the knives each time they are sharpened... not sure how this can be good for any knife, especially an expensive one! I sometimes use the sharpener on cheap knives, but honestly I use my lansky on my expensive knives.
P.S. I also bought the Kleva sharpener at a Toronto show.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

BarrySydney

No such thing as a knife which doesn't need sharpening

I believe the biggest problem with the Kleva range is James shouting about how great things are. People tend to believe things more when it's shouted at them. They knives are ok, but nothing liked claimed. I run mine over a stone every 2nd time I use them with the exception of the bread knife which is essentially a saw.

A friend bought the sharpener and one of the screws on top was missing straight out of the packet! Poor assembly not to notice that!

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Kleva Products are Krap.

I've had these knifes for over 12 months now and they've needed sharpening after every use. I now know why they give you 2 sharpeners for the price of one, The sharpener is now crap and I need to start using the spare one.
Do your self a favour, Be Kleva and don't by Kleva.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Broke in a few uses

I was very happy with this product until pin fell out. I bought this at a winter fair here in Toronto. Not sure how to contact vendor so I contacted Kleva. They said I could not get a replacement pin and in order to get item replaced I would have to track down the Vendor. Ya right. These guys peddle Kleva products for cash at fairs never to be found again. Sad that this item will be put in trash because of a small pin. lessons here. Don t buy from vendors as company will not honour product warranty and don t buy Kleva products again

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Rob

Update! Product was replaced by Kleva. As I stated in review. I really like product and think this review helped get product replaced. Thanks for the great service Kleva.

Was Fantastic but now doesn't work!

I purchased 10 as gifts. Mine stopped working after 20 uses. That's ok they are guaranteed. BUT check out the process of getting it to them and the associated hassles and postage both ways. I suggest they must have a lot of returns for them to make it not worth while sending back under warranty. Just my opinion.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

If you want your good knifes ruined Buy Kleva Sharp....

Tried to use once or twice on home knifes...it literally takes off slices of metal of your knifes....and it hardly made a difference Wusthof to sharpness of the knifes. Pure waist of money. Had to through away and asked a local knife sharpener ...to do a proper job...support your local business or local butcher who can get the job done properly....

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Rose

RosePlainland

Great set of knives for all different uses.

Great set of knives. Even my husband is impressed and has switched from his old set of trusty knives to these. Took over two weeks to deliver - but guess it was the Xmas/New Year backlog. Sliced tomato and cheese with the greatest of ease. Like, also, that they don't have separate handles which invariably wear loose or get discoloured and old.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
TroppoTom

TroppoTom

Snail slow to ship

I ordered an item on 7th Jan. Inquired as to when it would ship on the 11th and was told "Your order should be dispatched today". It was finally sent on the 22nd. Still haven't received it. Very bad service.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Ray S

Ray STownsville

The Kleva Sharp Pruning Shears!

Very disappointed with the first 2 pairs of shears I have tried since receiving my order. They work OK for a while but after a couple of hours of not heavy work, the ratchet closing mechanism fails to operate effectively now and again and I find this frustrating for the supposedly worlds best pruning shears. I am also extremely disappointed that Kleva Sharp Products has not had the courtesy to respond to an email I sent through with feedback that they requested from me. Not the follow up I was expecting from such a well advertised product brand. Ray S. N'th Q'ld.

swifty sweep

I found the swifty sweep absolute rubbish,I think Keva should be taken to consumer affairs for false advertising..I will warn my friends not to be sucked in and buy one.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Kleva sharp sharpener

The kleva sharp sharpener is absolute rubbish
By no means did it deliver in any way shape or form.
Don't even consider buying this product. It's completely useless and a waste of money.
Not happy

Date PurchasedOct 2017

AnnMaree H

AnnMaree HHobart, TAS

Kleva sharpener

I found this sharpener absolutely useless and will discontinue using it on my expensive knives. They seemed to dull the sharpness and certainly did not act as shown on TV.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Rish

RishMatamata

knife got replaced

i purchased knives from Kleva range. ond of the knives just wasnot working just good as. i contacted the team. they replaced my knife to new one to which i am really happy about. coperative team , good and reliable service.
thanks all.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
John

JohnSydney

Just OK

This might be good for cheaper knives but seemed to dull my more expensive ones. I went back to a wet stone for my quality knives but still use the kleva sharp for my cheaper ones.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Swifty sweep

Will be ok for the kids to push around, but is not heavy enough to keep turning action when near skirting or other furniture, also' skids' easily on tiles. Keep on using the good old broom and vacuum. Disappointed.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Not happy!

The shears l received were not the ones advertised. They didn't have the finger guard. The advertised one's bottom cutting deck looked like metal. It seems the only metal in it are the screws holding it together and the top cutting blade which is quite thin. So thin I've already broken one Lucky i got the 4 for 1 deal. The handles also pinch your hand when gripping tightly. I still use them , I'm just not as impressed as I'd hoped

Date PurchasedJun 2017

MarkGladstone

Great knives

I purchased the 5 klevasharp knives with bonus can opener and micro slicer and ks pro knife sharpener, wow the knives are super sharp, nearly cut my finger the first day, I recommend the knife set if anyone is sick of blunt knives. Keep up the great products.

Dodgy

Purchased the shears and on the 3rd use - pruning rose bushes- the connecting pin dropped out making the shears inoperable.
Tried the second pair and the same thing happened on first use..Not Happy Jan!!
Will be making a claim for refund as paid via Paypal

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Crapped my knives

Did nothing to sharpen my knives. I have great knives, am on a disability pension, so hard physically, to do it the old way, with steel. So i bought one of these and crap, what a waste of money, it will sharpen a new knive but the old one in back of drawer, umn nup..

Cathy S.

Cathy S.asked

Who owns the voice that does the kleva sharp ads. I am sure he is a nice person but his voice gives nightmares while I am awake. Lay off the shouting advertising please

John

Johnasked

Hi, one of my kevlar knives has the weight loose in the handle, is this common or can it be replaced and where can I get it replaced if I have to please? cheers

Hi John

I think this question was intended for someone else. I have the sharpener but do not have knives. Sorry

Barry

Hi John, I have the same problem, it's the Japanese style knife in my case. Is it your's too? My understanding is it's covered under warranty. Try a claim and let us know how you go.

HMH

HMHasked

Can you sharpen scissors with this?

JRose
JRose

Depends on the scissors. I used it to sharpen my scanpan shears/scissors and it ruined them. Several pairs of expensive dress making scissors were also ruined - they only cut or chew paper now. I did successfully sharpen a thin bladed scanpan knife, so if your scissors are normal thin bladed ones it could possibly work. If they are serrated or have a slight beveled edge to the blade then I wouldn't risk it.

Wiseandi
Wiseandi

I doubt it, a knife is sharpened into a V shape to cut through things, scissors work by two |/ half V shapes running against each other. You only sharpen one edge on sciccors, where as a knife you sharpen both evenly.

Get an answer from our members and Kleva Range representatives