Childcare Pod High Chair

• Safety

Mon

MonSouth Australia

Poor quality

We are on our second, big w replaced the previous faulty one. We have stored this away and when we removed it from storage the material on the seat has become faulty and discoloured. Disappointing as it isn't the cheapest chair on the market.
It is also a nightmare to clean, the straps are not removable.
I have finally found that the model we have has been recalled because of the danger of the plastic breaking.

Purchased at Big W for $209.00.

Pauline

PaulineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Material is breaking down

I brought this high chair for my grandson because it looked modern. Was used for 14mts then put away waiting for my second grandson to use it and the material has all Perished and needs to be thrown away. So dissappointed.

Purchased in January 2017 at Big W Retail Stores for $170.00.

Harves

HarvesGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Chair broke!

Our chair is just over 2 years old when I noticed the leg has cracked. My 11 month old was sitting in The chair when I noticed it slanting so inspected it to find the leg cracked. He’s way under 17kgs.. Was scary!

Purchased in November 2017 at Baby Bunting Online store for $130.00.

MHH

MHHGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dangerous! Critical design flaw

The chair was about 2 years old (model no. 095100-018). Lately, the back two legs were broken by themselves right from the plastic housing with my boy sitting on the chair. And he was well under the 17kg load limit of the chair.

Luckily I was able to grab the boy before he could knock his head on the floor because of the fall. Otherwise, a could-be-lethal accident would have happened.

For those who are considering the model, please be warned. Also I am asking for a product recall to prevent similar (or worse) accidents to other children.

The pictures speak for themselves.

CNP BrandsChildcare

We're sorry to hear about your experience please contact us via info@cnpbrands.com.au or 1300 667 137 ASAP to discuss this further. Thanks the CNP Brands Team

Phil SchinbeinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Discgusting, uncleanable garbage; looks pretty though...

We picked up one of these second hand on marketplace. It is impossible to clean and sanitise properly--big stupid fail there. The straps can't be removed FFS... Looks pretty though...

CathGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I’m selling mine on Gumtree today.

Purchased in January 2018 at Big W for $129.00.

Lucy

LucyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dangerous product, do not buy!

I bought this highchair about 2.5 years ago for my daughter, for the same reason most other people have bought it - it looks nice. HOWEVER, we've been using it for my son who is 8 months old and I had to rush him to emergency yesterday after the back leg BROKE OFF while he was sitting in it, sending him crashing to the floor and smashing his head into the TV Cabinet on the way down.
I have now read a few other reviews saying the same thing. This is very poor quality and could have been a hell of a lot worse, we were lucky. DO NOT buy this product.

Purchased in May 2017 at Big W.

Lizzy DGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible design. Straps can't be cleaned.

This is a stupid design. The straps are white but cannot be removed for cleaning. Did you not know that babies are very messy eaters?! I took the straps out to clean them only to discover there is no way to get them back in! It just can't be done! Now highchair is forever unsafe. Bad product.

Purchased in October 2019 at Catch for $150.00.

SarahVictoria

Not good

Bought this high chair for my first child. Thought it looked beautiful. Its not practical . You can not take the straps off to wash them therefor when food gets on them all you can do is wipe them clean. Then one of the clips broke therefor had to throw it out as I could not put on replacement straps on it. So the highchair became unsafe to use. Buying a different one for second child which if the straps were replaceable I could have used the same one.
Waste of money.

Purchased in January 2018 at Big W.

Danger! Don't buy!

Bought this high chair 13 months ago. Thought it looked fantastic, so I spent extra than I originally wanted to for a high chair. Turns out you don't always get what you pay for. The front left leg housing cracked. Luckily I noticed it before it broke completely with my child sitting in it. Was told as it was just out of warranty and nothing will be done. Clearly a design flaw. Extremely disappointing! Looks like I'm off to IKEA to buy a new high chair.

Purchased in September 2018.

Matty

MattyDarling Downs, QLD

Dangerous! Look elsewhere!

We had one of these high chairs for almost 2 years- that's right, notice I stated "had"...
Just the other day, while our 20 month-old was eating breakfast, the back leg snapped off sending her crashing to the ground! She wacked her head and received an almighty fright the poor darling!
We couldn't believe how the legs were attached to the seat by just plastic!
So, so disappointed...
Don't fall (haha, punny) for this high chair- it might have the looks but it sure isn't built to last!

Purchased in February 2018 at Big W for $120.00.

Kate McIntosh

Kate McIntoshSydney, NSW

Not a good high chair

Bought this as it looked amazing and thought it'd be great.
The tray is hard to adjust however the worst part of this high chair is the straps. You CANNOT remove them. Straps will get grotty and need to be cleaned and this chair you just can't do that. Form should not be more important than function.

Purchased in December 2018.

KAC

KACSouth East Queensland, QLD

Comfy for bub and aesthetically pleasing but not practical

This chair is really lovely to look st and comfy for bub. I have this in black and honestly it is just not practical at all. My first was a very clean eater so it getting spiked wasn’t too big of a deal and it never really needed a good clean and a wipe did the trick. My second is such a messy eater, food everywhere and that fact the chair is made of fabric, the straps cannot be removed nor the chair cover (e.g to place in the wash) it is filthy. I’m pretty sure I am going to have to hose it and scrub it outside to get it clean. Wiping is just not good enough. I’m going to sell it and buy the $24 dollar plastic high chair from ikea, this really isn’t worth the money as it’s just not made with babies in mind

SLMMelbourne

Good, but not practical.

Shauna

ShaunaMelbourne

Very fidderly

It’s a nice looking chair, but the table is hard to adjust and the straps can’t be done up with one hand. So it’s not the easiest to get bub in. In saying that it was extremely easy to put together, would only use for smaller babies because it’s quite nimble.

KateK

KateKHobart

Hard to clean and dangerous

Aesthetically this high chair is the best I’ve seen.
However, the straps are white and cannot be removed to be cleaned so they look disgusting already. There also isn’t an option to not use the straps as baby can easily kick the front tray on the high chair and kick the tray table off so baby would fall straight out.
As the chair is so upright with no option to recline, it is really hard to put baby in on your own as you kind of need someone to hold baby to prevent her falling forward while the other person straps baby in.

Sandcastlesinthesand

SandcastlesinthesandMelbourne, Victoria

Fantastic highchair

Sarah

Aesthetically pleasing but fiddly straps

This is a great looking high chair!! Really stylish!! But honestly I'm worried if I'm not focused when strapping him in he could wriggle free because the straps are a bit fiddly.

It's also really easy to clean but as I learnt the hard way DO NOT try to take the straps out to wash them. I'm used to being able to take everything apart to wash it but these straps are designed to stay exactly where they are!!

Mizzy

MizzyPerth

Stylish, easy to use and clean

Phil Schinbeinasked

We bought this high chair second hand from Facebook Marketplace. The previous owner had removed the straps to try to clean them, but apparently could not get them back on. She told us it was because "her son had outgrown them". Ugh. So now I need to know; how do I put the straps back on? I've gotten the plastic trim off under where the tray clips in, and those two screws out, but the chair still won't come apart to get the straps back in. Why is this so difficult? Does anyone at Childcare actually have any children?

Cath

I don’t think the straps can be replaced unfortunately, once they have been removed. It’s a defect of the chair design in my opinion.

Phil Schinbein

Actually, after much swearing and futzing about I got them back in. I took the thing completely apart; took the flashing over the screws off, took out the screws, popped off the hot glue holding the polystyrene from the plastic tub, and finally forced the d-rings through the holes using an auto-trim setting kit. All up it took me about an hour to do. What a terrible design. The bucket was absolutely filthy too, there's nothing keeping bits of whatever from going down the sides and back of the unit literally ensuring food gets trapped in the unit; left to rot and make children sick; shameful really...

Lizzy D

After I bought this chair and realized the straps couldn't come off to be cleaned, I went around and left awful reviews for it everywhere I could find, if that makes you feel any better :D
My husband used chopsticks to get the straps back in somehow after I washed them, he is great like that!! I did read that someone else chucks the whole chair under the shower to clean it so you could try that next time? good luck. Awful design sadly.

Julianasked

How do you remove the top part of the tray for cleaning? I haven't been able to work this out. Thanks.

SLM

It just pulls off. There are two small sections on either side you can put your fingers under, then pull up. It takes a bit of force the first time. :)

Julian

thanks SLM. I had been worried about breaking it if I pulled too hard. it's off now. thanks again.

CNP BrandsChildcare

Thanks for answering SLM. That's correct, the sub-tray is easily removed by locating the lip and lifting up.

Brendon D.

Brendon D.asked

Hi just wondering what the weight limit is for this high chair?

CNP BrandsChildcare

Hi Brendon D. The weight limit for the Pod Timber High Chair is 17kgs.

See all Childcare Pod High Chair questions

Get an answer from our members and Childcare representatives