Citibank Clear Platinum

Citibank Clear Platinum

See the Best Low Rate & Zero Interest Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Clear Card with a great interest rate on purchases

I wanted a card with a generous credit limit for overseas travel and unexpected dental expenses.
Citibank Clear Platinum offers that and more. I am confident shopping with them with a low purchase rate interest rate, it is more attractive than many cards around. I am very much rate driven and would sign up for this card again if I have to make a new choice.
I also used my card overseas in January holidays and it was easy to use and accepted everywhere.

Online Experience
Application Process
Card Start DateDecember 2018
Main Point of ContactOnline
Card / Account Used ForSpecial Purchases

Citibank Clear Platinum Does the Job

A good card and the application process was straight forward, Surprised by the generous credit limit that was approved , Overseas transaction fees are a little on the high side and no reward points. Easy to use Mobile phone app to keep track of your spending,

Rates and Fees
Online Experience
Application Process
Card Start DateMarch 2016
Main Point of ContactOnline
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses and Overseas/Travel

worst credit card application ever

I was interested with citybank simplicity card due to 5% on shop expense. however I find it is the worst of the worst credit card application ever. the asked for lots of document which I never encounter with any other credit card provider. it is really a waste of time applying credit card with citybank.
I would score as 0 or even minus. if there is such that score.
I would suggest apply with coles, ANZ, CBA, AMEX, 28 degrees. They have excellent customer service, excellent credit card safety, no annual fees and lots of benefit too.

Worst communication and service

I was quite confused when received a declined letter after been told my application will be approved from the last phone conversation to a manager from the call centre.

I was asked by a lady who requested for bank statement AGAIN after I emailed it on a week ago. I was quite upset by that time as every time when a customer service call, I always ask if there's any more documents needed, and I always get the same answer : ''No, that's all we need''.

I was about to cancel my application as I started to get frustrated, but then the manager took over and claimed it will be approved on the spot, so I accepted it.
However instead of receiving credit card I received a declined letter.

I never have had any un-paid credit card bills what so ever and my annual income is above the minimum salary requirement. it's firs time that I've ever received declined for credit card application record. Then I called up Citibank again, was told to write a re assessment request, so I did, and also request them to find the phone conversation I had with that manager, and guess what, I have not heard a word since then, I'm so not surprised.

OK

basically whilst all is well, this card is good, and you can pay off a bit more than the minimum repayment. annual fee is reasonable, interest rate is very good if only used on purchases. i believe the best one right now.
Staff can be called as harassing if you can't make a repayment, calling every day and without making notes, having people call in more than once a day sometimes. Basically not organised which is a pain when thing get tough.
overseas insurance if you travel
slightly high annual fee, but nothing compared to other cards like its equivalent citibank platinum

After doing a lot of research about what simple low interest card would suit our needs, I'm so glad we went with Citibank. If your sums add up to a higher annual fee being a better financial deal than paying the extra 2% interest for a standard card, then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this product.
Financially, this card makes perfect sense for us. It has a higher annual fee than our previous Visa, but the low interest rate makes up for that. We got a 0% balance transfer on our old account which has been great (it's almost paid off now). Also like the ease of access overseas, online services and ability to get statements emailed on demand.
First additional card was sent to an address which wasn't listed anywhere on our account for some odd reason. The call centre is in the Phillipines and you have to sit through a spiel about card protection insurance every time you call.

Easy access over the internet, low interest rate - have only held the Clear Platinum for a short amount of time, but so far so good.
Lower interest rate than the standard Citibank Clear card we held previously.
No reward points.