Citibank Prestige

Citibank Prestige

Citi Rewards and Qantas Frequent Flyer
3.0 from 1 review

See the Best Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Citibank Citi Prestige - Citi RewardsCitibank Citi Prestige - Qantas Frequent Flyer
CategoryFrequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards, Balance Transfer Credit Cards and Rewards Credit CardsFrequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards, Balance Transfer Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
Card TypeVisaVisa
BenefitsComplimentary Travel Insurance and Sign-Up Bonus Points OfferComplimentary Travel Insurance and Sign-Up Bonus Points Offer
Minimum Credit Limit$30,000$30,000
Maximum Credit Limit$100,000$100,000
Additional Cardholders 44
Additional Cardholder Fee $0 p.a.$0 p.a.
Rewards ProgramCiti RewardsQantas Frequent Flyer
Points Earn Rate 3 points per $11.5 points per $1
Points Conditions
  • 3 Citi Points per $1 spent International on Eligible Transactions made overseas or online with a merchant that is based overseas,

• 3 Citi Points per $1 spent Domestic on Eligible Transactions made directly with major: airlines, hotel chains and restaurants in Australia,

• 2 Citi Points per $1 spent Domestic on Eligible Transactions made directly with major: supermarkets, petrol outlets and national retailers,

• 1 Citi Point per $1 spent Domestic on Eligible Transactions

• 2 Citi Points per $1 spent Linked Diners Club Card on all Eligible Transactions.

• 1.5 Qantas Points on Eligible Transactions
  • 1.5 Qantas Points made directly with major airlines, hotel chains and restaurants in Australia
  • 1 Qantas Point made directly at major supermarkets, petrol outlets and national retailers
  • 0.5 Qantas Point on all other Eligible Transactions up to $20,000 per statement period

There is no cap on earn rate.

Contactless PaymentsApple Pay and Samsung PayApple Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate20.99% p.a.20.99% p.a.
Annual Fee$700 p.a.$749 p.a.
Interest Free Period 44 days44 days
Cash Advance Rate21.74% p.a.21.74% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Sign-Up Bonus Receive 150,000 Points when you spend $5,000 within the first 90 daysReceive 70,000 bonus Qantas Points on your first spend within 90 days from card approval
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 6 months6 months
Balance Transfer Rate 0% p.a.0% p.a.

Misleading Promises, Disappointed with Complimentary Airport Transfers.

For a very high yearly fee you expect Citibank to make it easy to live up to their sales pitch of extra benefits. In reality it's hard to even reach their concierge service. When you call their Citi Prestige Priority number there is no option for a concierge, you have to navigate through various voice prompts until finally you are given an option to press Zero to speak to someone. This person won't be a concierge either, and will eventually transfer your call, so you can finally speak to someone after about 5-10 minutes if you are lucky. So much for a concierge service, sorry for assuming it was meant to be on stand-by.

Then it gets better. I've called to book an airport transfer, and after spending quite a bit more time to give them all the details they said that I have to give them 72 hours notice, but because I've called 48 hours in advance they will try to put my booking as urgent and let me know within another 24 hours whether I have a booking or not - wow, I guess maybe they are still using fax to send and receive data.

But wait, there is more, when I've asked to also book a return transfer, they said that only one transfer applies for each itinerary. It happens that my return flight is on a different itinerary with a different airline, but they said that their definition of itinerary is if you going somewhere and then coming back to where you've started, so no return transfer, sorry!

I was actually trying to book a transfer there and back so I don't have to take my car, but if I can book only one way, then on the way back I have to pay to get a taxi, and because I live far away from the airport that will cost me quiet a bit. Do I sense that the Citi is doing it to make it more difficult for people to utilise their 2 complimentary airport transfers?

Then, there is a further issue with their transfers, which is that it's limited by kilometres. And because I live about 50 minutes from the airport, I end up paying about $85 extra to the driver one way!

Given the high yearly fee, you would expect that the Citibank would actually try to accommodate for their highest tier (prestige?) credit card users, but surely doesn't feel that way to me. At the very least I would suggest to add a direct number to their concierge service, as I'm pretty frustrated spending a lot of time and not getting what I thought was promised to me. And yes, I'm sure that the retort to this is that we did have a fine print, but still..it makes me nervous when I think that I rely on their complimentary insurance and other things. Hopefully those are better.