See the Best Hatchbacks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Too many problems

The only thing I have to say in lint mode.
When you drive it for a little while and the gearbox gets too hot and goes into this mode and will not go above 3rd gear. Have been to that many mechanics to get it fixed and no luck.

Cheap but Good

I've been driving my C3 since 2003. Many little things have broken...the passenger doorknob, the hanging elastics for the hatch lid, the hatch lid itself is like cardboard and has chipped, the paint has worn off the gearstick, the passenger window won't go down fully, one headrest won't go down because the pin fell out and got lost, the thin plastic hubcaps are all chipped - despite all that it has always driven well. Turning circle is terrific. Hugs the curves. Minor repairs if any to engine. Replaced the gearbox. It is THE most comfortable car to sit in and sits up high where you can actually see a long distance ahead. I'm going to buy another new one, and don't call me crazy, but I really do love C3.
driving dream
cheap accessories

TransmissionManual
Hi to anyone who has read the above I wrote last June. I now have my new C3 and it is a car sent from heaven. The Zenith windscreen is unbelievable - like a whole new world of driving has opened up right before my eyes. I'll wager many more copy-cat cars will emerge in the near future. It drives like the dream-car I was counting on. The interior is ultra comfortable and in my model (Exclusive) the shiny black dashboard is classy. One thing I do not like, however, is the navigation system - it's cumbersome to operate and doesn't say street names, also only has a British accent. I've gone back to using my iPhone for navigating. Also a lack of exterior colour choice was a little disappointing - gone are the grass greens, oranges and blues of previous models. Now the only bright C3 is white - which I got. Overall very happy.Hi Melanie, I just wanted to ask you; in your old C3, did you ever manage to fix the problem with your passenger window not going down fully? Did it still go back up, or was it fully stuck? My mum currently has a problem with hers, its stuck in the down position and wont go back up!Hi NutzQ. Yes it did go back up and down, but only went down about 3/4 the way, instead of fully opening, as if something broke or snapped off inside the door preventing it from fully opening. I'm sure if I had spent a couple 100 or so I could have had it fixed, but just could not be bothered. However, if your Mum can't close the window, that's a problem that has to be fixed…sorry to hear that, but like I said…lots of cheap fittings on this car. I think that the Citroen engineers should be aware of this.

Love it even with its flaws

I've had mine since 2004 and it still running fine at 130 000 kms
Issues I had are mostly the gearbox/clutch replaced but the engine will take a beating.
I keep getting comments from my Toyota running family about the lack of quality and costs but it's still there and isn't as costly as other 'German' euros or Asian ones.
Like the design or not, my old model hasn't dated as much as some of the other cars on sale at purchase.
With the car getting older, I am finding it more difficult to find spare parts.
Inexpensive, nice to drive, boot space
Rear seats lack space,

Engine Size1.6L

Big car space with minor flaws

I had a C3 for 5 years, it is easy to park and can fit more stuff in it than a BMW 3 series because of the rear seat fold.

Occasionally, I feel the lack of power when going uphill, and has to switch to lower gear manually to keep going. This also happened on a highway once.

One thing during winter is that turning on the heater will cause the windscreen to be all foggy. I have never experienced this on my Mazda 3.

Over five years, battery died once, spark plug failed once and engine was flooded once but the Citroën service station fixed them in no time.

Overall I am quite happy with this car.
Easy to park, big car space
Minor flaws here and there

The Citroën C3 is a classy looking French car with plenty of power and great looks - both inside and out. The cars flowing features outside help produce its great fuel consumption figures which are the best in its class. The interior looks good with plenty of soft fabric and a great backlit instrument panel. There is ample room for four with firm seats that are also adjustable. It comes with standard specifications other cars have as options, such as pollen-filtered air conditioning, ABS electric windows, CD stereo and four airbags for safety.
A great value car with lots of features, high levels of safety and great fuel economy.

I'm looking at purchasing a 2005 convertible, 1300,00kms. Any reviews? How many kms can these do before money needs to be spent on them? I'm usually a Toyota girl lol
Good question, i am currently looking at a 2007 CS which has done $165,000.

Is the correct grade of unleaded petrol to use in a 2003 Citroen C3 vehicle 91, 95 or 98 RON?
95 or 98 is best I thinkAlways best petrol to use is 98, you will get better milage and last longer Do not use E10

What is the correct type of fuel to use in a C3 petrol Citroen? Year model is 2003.
I only ever used unleaded petrolI always only used 98 Octane, but different models use different fuels.

Citroën C3 MK3 (2017-2019)Citroën C3 MK1 (2002-2010)Citroën C3 MK2 A5 (2010-2013)Citroën C3 MK2 A51 (2013-2014)
CategoryHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacks
Starting Price $26,990$25,990$21,990$25,990
TransmissionAutomaticAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and Manual
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolDiesel and PetrolPetrol
Max Power81kW @ 5500rpm88kW @ 6000rpm88kW @ 6000rpm88kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque205Nm @ 1500rpm160Nm @ 4250rpm160Nm @ 4250rpm160Nm @ 4250rpm
Country of ManufactureFranceFranceFranceFrance
Safety Features
  • ABS (Antilock Braking System)
  • Active Cruise Control
  • Blindspot Warning System
  • Driver Attention Detection
  • ESC (Electronic Stability Control)
  • Forward Collision Warning
  • Immobilizer
  • Keyless Entry
  • Telescoping Steering Wheel
  • USB Port
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 2017Jan 2002Jan 2010Jan 2013