Kia Picanto

Kia Picanto

JA and TA

See the Best Hatchbacks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Hard Too Beat!

Looks Cool, Drives Well, 7 Year Warranty, Amazing value. Surprisingly spacious for a small car and the finish is excellent.
Very hard too go past Kia with the value, warranty, service cost.

Purchased in December 2018 at Berwick Motor Group.

Year2018
Gear Shifting

Okay.not economical on fuel

Recently gifted 2019 Kia picanto.not overly impressed if Young and just buzzing around guessing okay.fit 2 in back and sqeezy.front room and mod cons.finding fuel consumption is high.did verify and apparently problem with Kia and Suzuki small cars.not all what they say is accurate.with petrol prices rising not good and tank small so costing on fill ups...if homework done and not a gift no way would I buy.i don't work either so no continual stopping and starting which would make it higher again plus using aircon .say 5.6L/100k.that is including combination of local and...distant driving..at moment up to 8L/100k..no guarantees will drop.will see my self after next 2 fill ups..one expects economy and that's not here..do reviews and drive safe.lotsa plastic bits also

Purchased in December 2018 for $13.00.

Year2019

Great Car !

I love this car . It so damn cute. It's a real chick magnet and girls love it !. My only concern is the little engine reving it's tiny head off when driving as I like to be ' easy on the engine ' when driving. Otherwise it's awesome

Purchased in November 2018.

Year2018

I love this wee beastie!

I drive to work (about 30 mins each way) Monday to Friday. I love that this car just nips in and out of parking. At first I pined the loss of a CD player but have become accustomed to the bluetooth functionality. The boot space (with the seats up) is a little on the small side but drop the back seats down and I constantly amaze myself how much this little car can hold. Economical on fuel, giving me about 500km per tank. I love my little car - you had me a YELLOW.

Purchased in March 2018 at Keystar Morayfield for $15,000.00.

Year2017

Top Value for Money

Car for commuting, older single person. I also have the latest Subaru XV. So in comparison they are very different vehicles. The Kia is outstanding value for money, Seven year warranty too. All the modern gadgets autonomous braking. Great on fuel, the perfect city car. The Auto Android perfect. Roomy for size, smart looks

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Awesome little car

Great car ! Cheap on file a full tank last a week with this little thing and my wife travels a lot. The shape and design of this car looks cool, it stands out compaird to other cars in its class.
Its decivingly spacious, I’m 6”1 and fit in and out of it without feeling andlooking like a clown.parking is so easy power steering works well with built in reverse cameras as standard along with a really nice media centre!!!
Value for money is superb I love this little car

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Want to love this car

In many ways this car is perfect for me. Its fun to drive. Extremely good on fuel efficiency. So tiny I can park it anywhere.Very roomy interior. Unfortunately in its short 3 month life its been repaired twice under warranty. From the 3rd week I noticed the car mats were wet after it rained and on a couple of occasions the keyless entry didnt work. I took it to dealership for testing but they assured me nothing was wrong. Then after 2 more months of the car flooding everytime it rained and the keyless entry and side mirrors stopping to work altogether the dealership identified 2 separate issues - hole in seal around side mirrors letting in water and an electronic fault. Attitude from both the dealership and Kia Australia makes me think this was nothing unusual to them as they were not surprised or apologetic in any way. The experience has been enough to ensure this will be my last Kia purchase.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Everyday drive car

I bought my picanto brand new in 2017 to replace my barina spark.well 2 completly different cars.i love the fact for $14000 drive away i get cruise/reverse camera and all the other extras the others want extra for.went to appolo bay last week and used the radio to put google maps on.very good.i travel 200ks a day for work.average speed is 65kph.at the moment with around 50ks around im using 4.3 lp100.it now has 65000ks on it with no problems so far.we like the picanto so much we just bought the wife the picanto gt.wow even better value.do yourselves afavour if your thinking of a small car test drive the picanto

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedJun 2017

What a great little car.

Just bought a Kia Picanto GT line. What a little ripper. Did i sat little. Its actually quite spacious inside. Got it for the wife but i dont mind driving it myself. Around town and to work its great on petrol and it makes peoples head turn. Very sporty and looks great.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Good value, economical, comfortable

Really happy with the value for money, safety features and fuel economy.
I'm a tall man but comfortable driving.
Roomy boot - fits lots of shopping, or all the kids back packs after school pickup, or a couple of cricket bags - but not all at once!
When we have our kid's friends in the car too they do complain there's not enough room for three, but we're a 3-person family so don't always have a full car.
First time I've bought a brand new car.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Perfect small car

A micro city car with the lot that is functional, easy to drive, comfortable, and most importantly packed with a lot of safety features.
And what a delight to park!!
And unlike another micro car that I tested, the Kia interior doesn’t feel like cheap plastic at all !!
No fault so far after 5 months of daily use!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Fantastic Car!! Love it

Economical
Drives well, and feels refined
Bought the GT Line so it’s got the upgraded seats, and more aggressive body styling, looks the part
Best value for a car of this size & has apple car play, Bluetooth, auto headlights, radar control breaking, parking sensors, reversing camera, auto headlights, and so much more, an overall great package and highly recommended

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Fantastic car

The Kia Picanto is a fantastic little car. I got it in 'Pop Orange', and it looks absolutely adorable. It's wonderfully small and maneuverable, and great for city driving. That said, as a small car, it lacks a little oomph so sometimes you have to really floor it to get up hills or up to speed on the freeway (and it can make a lot of noise).

The emergency breaks have already prevented me from having one accident: I was about to bump into the rear of another car (I wasn't paying attention - I know, I know, lesson learned) when it suddenly started beeping and the brakes slammed on, turning my 'collision' into more of a nudge. So I've really come to appreciate that feature!

And yeah, the Android Auto is fantastic; I use it pretty much any time I'm driving the car for more than 5 minutes.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Amazing little car

The Kia Picanto is an amazing little car (we call it our scooter hah). It is tiny but it packs a punch in terms of its features, it basically has everything for the most amazing price. So easy to park, has enough power in it for day to day city driving and its array of media features is great. Reversing camera and dynamic parking guidelines make it super simple to get out of even the tightest of spaces. And 7 year warranty really sealed the deal, especially with 7 year roadside as long as you get it serviced regularly (which is also all capped price). Probably the best thing about the picanto is how far it can go with one tank and how cheap it is to run. Its small but still feels comfortable even with a full family inside.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Perfect car for me

Bought this car as my first car and am very pleased with it. It has a great fuel economy but yet still powerful enough to drive through slopes. Also small enough to fit into any parking space, even the tightest ones. Only downside is the small boot space, but living alone, this is more than enough for me.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Great value for money

The Kia Rio fits my budget perfectly and I am quite surprised with the Auto Android feature, its so convenient that I get flustered with other SatNav's. Perfect for students, pensioners and city life! The backseats are also very spacious. Very easy to drive and fits in all parking spaces.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Beaut little car Gret value But disappointing no CD player

Love this little shopping trolley... I am 192cm and feel really comfortable driving this car. Drives really well and light on fuel.
Very disappointed there isn’t a CD player but other than that good value. Very easy to park and reverse camera is excellent. 7 year warranty closed the deal for us

Date PurchasedNov 2017

My new favourite car

Very easy to drive, my new favourite car!
Have had a few minor problems but nothing major and were sorted immediately. Would highly recommend this car to anyone on the market for a new car.
Great first car or for small families, very versatile and spacious which suits all different consumers

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Value for money

I purchased the Kia Picanto in July 2017 as it was good value for money. It had the most amount of features and best fuel economy in comparison with other vehicles in that price range. It also came with a 7-year warranty and 7 years capped servicing. The car drives well in all conditions and roads, the only concern is that it struggles on hills and the engine is loud when driving 80kms or over, it becomes so loud that you have to turn the volume to maximum to hear the radio. Inside the car, I like how the front passengers have a lot of room but there is little storage. I also dislike how there is only one USB which makes it hard to have a dash cam in the car when using the car-play system. I like how there is automatic emergency breaks, the auto lights,the car-play system with 7inch screen and how the seat covers can be removed and washed.

After a week of having the car, I did have a fuse issue where my 7inch screen and locking system was not working. Kia did fix the problem and did it quickly. Other than that it has been reliable and the running costs are very minimal. fantastic for someone whom is on a budget and does a lot of driving

Fantastic car just needs a few modifications.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Awesome

We bought this car as a get around for our active family. We had a bigger car that would chew through fuel. I love this car because it is sooooo cheap to run - $42 per 450 kms and can fit the whole family. It looks small on the outside but it feels roomy on the inside. The android auto is great.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

I purchased a KIA Picanto Auto in October 2018. In six months I have put the car to the dealer as there is a reverse gear issue. Has anyone else experienced this problem the car has only done 2714 kilometres?
No issue our end, ensure you contact Kia Australia and get the repair and care expected.No issue yet ..please explain in more detail though.if noise on reverse try to put handbrake on slow to second notch..doesn't like quick pull up .you don't explain what the issue actually is.

When I just had the car serviced. It was reported that all brake rotors had lips but the pads had 9mm and 8mm pads still. Why are the rotors wearing faster?
Once you have installed new brake rotors and pads, you must break them in properly. Brake pads clean the rotor and apply the right amount of friction to stop the vehicle. Not breaking in the rotors and pads could reduce the ability of the pad to clean the rotor sufficiently. This can cause uneven wear or warping....this is a cut n paste but think answers ..if no good get friend or family member in raa to ask tech guys they are great or join as I pay monthly.fir $12 worth it cheap power bills n pics.good luck.col

Reverse noise problem sounds like brakes(disks) rubbing. Had car 1 day when reverse noise first heard. Had dealer SERVICE check, they advised noise not heard. Still has reverse noise. Have heard same noise in reverse on dealer Demo.car. Want to suggestion of problem so can let dealer SERVICE know.
Okay.mine did mainly on sloped drive.does it do all the time.di a diary of when it happens and conditions.try recording on phone start before car and keep doing till record sound. Try another dealer know not happy with mine or approved dealer.call raa if member or get someone who is as they have excellent help for these issue.i called re fuel consumption .keep at it.mine did settle if you just use round city go for a country run with a friend.as my son Murray bridge I did 200 K m there and back .stay with gut feeling until peace of mind.raa will guide you.good luck and let me know how you go. col

JA AO Edition AutomaticJA AO Edition ManualJA GTJA GT-LineJA S AutomaticJA S ManualJA X-LinePicanto TA
Release dateJan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2016