JA, TA
See the Best Hatchbacks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Kia? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Expert Review

• Comfort
  • Features
beerzuki
beerzukiSouth East Queensland, QLD

All I need, perfect to park

Purchased in September 2020 at Toowong kia.

rman
rmanSydney, NSW

Great car just a reminder kia wont tell you there's a brake pedal replacement RECALL

What a great car. I have a few issues a/c stopped working kia fixed it under warranty and the dealer informed me there was a brake pedal replacement as a recall but I was failed to be notified by kia and its a good thing they replaced the brake pedal as I was getting ABS lights and no brake lights working. All I have to say is the gt is a rocket of a car and a must buy the car pulls hard. I payed $16900 drive away in June 2019 very happy with my purchase.

Performance
Comfort
Features

Darren ReesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unreliable and unsafe; Worst After Care Service Imaginable

I was so excited about buying my first new car ever. In my search I narrowed it down to 3 cars and after test driving all 3 purchased this one. Number one selling point was the Apple Car Play system and the wireless connectivity. The day I picked up my new car it did not work ... was told to update my IOS system when I got home; which I did. Still no success. Reported it straight away and 10 weeks later still falling on deaf ears. I am so so disappointed and now all that is left to me is going to the ACCC. Buyer Beware .... appalling, non-existent, be-littling after care service.

Purchased in September 2020 at Kia Motorama Marooka.

Karen Grandfield
Karen GrandfieldSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it. Love it. Love it.

Purchased my Kia Picanto on 7 October 2020 and already I love it. It has all the features that you could possibly want. Yes it is a micro car, but it feels much bigger. Handles superbly and you can park on a postage stamp. I use it to commute to and from work on a daily basis in the city. Fantastic. I am hoping that they will bring out the 1 litre turbo to Australia. I would really like to test drive that. It also has capped price servicing, 7year warranty and roadside assistance. How could you go wrong

Purchased in October 2020 at Kia Dealers for $19,250.00.

Phillip
PhillipSydney Surrounds, NSW

Best car in the segment, no competition

Had the Picanto GT for a couple of weeks now, absolutely is the best vehicle in its class - no competition.

Kia have really nailed the small car segment in one swift blow to its competitors, for just under 20K you get almost all of the tech/features that you would want from ANY car (except for sunroof, climate control and heated seats in Australia, weirdly).

Weirdly no automatic is offered if you opt for the GT Turbo, which is a pain when you live in Sydney - seemingly stuck in perpetual peak hour. You can only get the auto with the much slower 1.2L engine.

It would be nice if you could option the car with Kia/Hyundai's active lane keep or radar cruise control, I'd happily tick the box for $2000.

Purchased in January 2020 at Kia Dealers for $19,350.00.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
sunshinexox
sunshinexoxNSW, 2264

Love it

My car is very convenient, value for money and excellent to drive. Only complaint would be that when I was looking to purchase my car, the salesperson I spoke to on the phone at the Castle Hill dealership was slightly pushy / really trying to influence me to do a particular finance option and wasn't actually listening to what I want. So I went to the Liverpool dealership and have been very happy with the car itself.

Purchased in November 2018.

MelBobo
MelBoboGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great car!

Ok, so it doesn't have much power. But who needs it when you are stuck on 60km most of the time around the city? I love it. So many features, feels a bit luxury inside. Outside is super cute and it gets me from A to B and has a big booty when I put the seats down.

Purchased for $16,500.00.

jibbit
jibbitperth

KIA Picanto GT turbo

great car pack with lots of great stuff runs really well AAA on petrol I bought it new and the only thing I don't like is the tyers but I will change them otherwise it a great car would not buy it if you have a family but great car for getting around and parking AAA again its fun to drive very happy

Purchased in July 2019 at Magic Kia.

TransmissionManual

Disgruntled Seshwan
Disgruntled SeshwanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best compact car of 2019!!

One of the best compact cars around! Very economical on petrol. Packed with many features (Apple CarPlay, electric windows, cruise control, reverse camera view, autonomous emergency braking system and leather seats!) Definite value for money! Ideal little car to get from A to B!

Purchased in June 2018 at Kia Dealers for $17,500.00.

David M.
David M.South East Queensland, QLD

Bought the Picanto 2019 xline non turbo.

Coming up to 11 months of ownership this little car is a joy to drive. Handles like a go cart around town. Love the style. Great value. Love the Red color. Can be thirsty if pushed. Feature packed inside and out. Could do with an extra 30kw. Overall very pleased, fun factor 10, style 10, warrenty 10.

Purchased in December 2018 for $19,000.00.

Joe
JoeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Value

Impossible to beat in terms of features at this price range. The 1.3L engine purrs along quietly in the city, but is happy to be pushed hard on the freeways (as it must be). Great steering, too. You'll feel every bump on poor roads, however.

Purchased in September 2019 for $15,198.00.

Nigel
NigelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Little Car

For travelling around the Gold Coast this car is in its element. Easy to park with good visibility. The 4 speed auto and 4 cyl engine are a good combination and while no sports car its perfectly fine around town, easily keeping up with the traffic.
I like its smooth and quiet ride and surprisingly spacious interior. It drives like a bigger car, feels solid on the road.
Equipment wise it wants for nothing (even a front centre armrest) and has all the latest safety features.
The 7 year warranty gives you piece of mind.

Purchased in February 2019 at Kia Dealers for $19,000.00.

jewel M.
jewel M.Sydney, NSW

Exceptionally practical

Perfect first car, easy to drive and fuel lasts a very long time. I’ve had it for just over a year now and still as good as new! I use it every day to get to and from work, road trips, everything! Very small car but feels like a lot more space inside than what you would think

Purchased in July 2018 at Kia Dealers.

Keep It Real.
Keep It Real.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Hard Too Beat!

Looks Cool, Drives Well, 7 Year Warranty, Amazing value. Surprisingly spacious for a small car and the finish is excellent.
Very hard too go past Kia with the value, warranty, service cost.

Purchased in December 2018 at Berwick Motor Group.

col
colMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Okay.not economical on fuel

Purchased in December 2018 for $13.00.

George R
George Rasked
Picanto

Just picked up my 2021 Picanto and the rear brakes grind. The dealer tells me its normal. Does anyone else have this issue ? it occurs at low speeds only

Rod
Rodasked
Picanto

I was thinking of hiring a Kia picanto next weekend to go to golf. It is a 120km round trip on a highway and I was wondering whether with the back seat down it would be big enough to carry a set of golf clubs and a conventional buggy. Myself as the driver would be the only occupant .

Darren Reesasked
Picanto

Is anyone else having problems with the Apple CarPlay system in their Kia Piccanto? Mine has NEVER worked and 10 weeks after getting my new car I am getting ZERO help in rectifying this. It is unreliable, frustrating and most of all unsafe! I don’t even use it now ... just have a black screen and my phone between my legs to use for navigation.
Does anyone too have hideous experiences in dealing with Aftercare service and with Customer scare service. In my whole lifetime as a consumer I have never been treated so poorly.
So so disappointed.

Valerie
Valerie

Has some minor problems with Apple Car play in new Piccanto but it was the phone not the car. Had to upgrade from an outdated Oppo Phone to a Samsung A 31 which was purchased from our local Betta electrical. Betta even came out to the car and set it all up. It can be a bit complicated and was glad an expert was setting it up...It works great now., just push a button on the steering wheel and tell it what you want...."Ring Mum"...."Play Taylor Swift"...same with addresses on maps....just push and hold steering wheel button and say the address....The map will come up. It will even do text to speech with messages.As for service and advice our local Kia Dealer where we purchased the car are always very helpful. I'd be looking at your phone and not the car....ours works perfectly.

Darren Rees

So wrong Valerie .... absolutely NOTHING wrong with my phone .... After 10’plus weeks of battling with KIA Australia and they being absolutely unhelpful and appalling in customer service efforts, they admitted there WAS an issue in the Apple CarPlay system. They finally liaised with Apple and took back my car ... uninstalled the system... reinstalled with updates etc and now it is finally working perfectly.
The way KIA Australia treated me over that whole 12 weeks was absolutely disgusting.

Compare all 8 Kia Picanto
Engine4 Cylinder 1.25L4 Cylinder 1.25L3 Cylinder 1.0L4 Cylinder 1.25L
Max Power62kW @ 6000rpm62kW @ 6000rpm74kW @ 4500rpm62kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque122Nm @ 4000rpm122Nm @ 4000rpm172Nm @ 1500-4000rpm122Nm @ 4000rpm
Country of ManufactureSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth Korea
Manufacturer Warranty7 year(s)7 year(s)7 year(s)7 year(s)
Release dateJan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017