Close Parent Pop-In

Close Parent Pop-In

See the Best Reusable Nappies in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

No worries

No worriesAU

My fave cloth nappies - hands down

I've tried a range of nappies (different brands and styles) but these are by far my favourite. These nappies are easy to fit (just like disposables) with the velcro tabs. Never had a leak. I now use trifolds or flats as the absorbent layer as son is a heavy wetter... also means I don't need to fiddle with the snaps to get inserts in.

Dani

DaniMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't understand how people can rave about them.

I bought 3 Close Pop-Ins V2s (in Polar Bear & Deer) to try because I'd heard great things about them plus they have double leg gussets which I find is a must in a cloth nappy. The only positive thing I liked about the nappies was the laundry tabs for the velcro tabs. They are covered under a fabric panel so they stay stuck to the laundry tabs in place and doesn't stick to other laundry.

Like others stated, they are fiddly to put together. They are also difficult to get the fit right and feel too tight despite having velcro closure. The inserts and the nappy itself also take forever to dry, as well as feel scratchy against bubs' skin, and feel wet against him after the first wee. Would not recommend them at all.

DeeBee

DeeBee

Great cover. Fiddly inserts - Close Pop-In v2

I love the v2 covers. They are easy to put on a wriggler, fix if necessary and with the laundry tabs, the hook and loop (aka velcro) doesn't stick to other laundry. I am also a big fan of their night boosters. I, however, am not a fan of their regular bamboo inserts. As other reviewers have pointed out, the inserts are very fiddly to put together and take apart when soiled. I also do not find them as absorbent as other MCN inserts I've tried, making the All-In-2 part pointless when the shell always gets soiled. I have ended up using the night boosters with another brand of MCN inserts with the Pop-In covers and the results have been great ever since, thus the 3-star rating from me.

bels

belsSydney, NSW

What's the fuss about?!

I bought two Pop-Ins to try because I'd heard great things about them. I wouldn't buy any more, and always reach for them last. They are fiddly to put together, difficult to hold inserts together when putting on, and didn't fit my daughter well once she started walking. Hubby refuses to use them at all because they're so fiddly. They also take forever to dry, feel scratchy against bubs' skin, and feel wet against her after the first wee. Would not recommend them.

hayley1111

hayley1111VIctoria, 3564

My only night time nappy.

RinAdelaide

Newborn pop in - great intro to cloth nappies

I am currently using the newborn close parent pop in nappies (6 shells, 10 inserts). We used from day 1 and they have worked really well. Not designed for long wearing (which suits a newborn most of the time), a few wee leaks but no poop blow outs (yet). Shells have sometimes needed a second wash from poop stain (they dry very quickly though). It's been helpful if the wee/poop has only soiled the insert, as you can just replace that and get more value out of the pack. Double gusset for newborn is great for fit. You would need 2 of the 6 shell / 10 insert packs for full time use.

Rin

Added note: inserts deteriorated after only a few weeks, but store I purchased them from happily sent me new ones as it was considered a manufacturing fault. Still super happy with the nappies. :)

M.T. Brisbane

M.T. BrisbaneBrisbane

Good but not perfect (v2)

Ssme

Ssme

Close new gen v2

Hayley

Hayley

Need to buy more!!

LadyOfThree

LadyOfThreeQLD, 4570

This product does what it's intended for.

Deardeer

DeardeerBrisbane

Just ok

I read so many great reviews of these nappies and I was a little disappointed in them.
The covers are great, double gussets, cute patterns, good containment. But the inserts are so fiddly to take in and out to wash. I feel like it's not worth the hassle.
Also the bamboo isn't stay dry, so I need to use a microfleece liner or baby is just sitting in a soggy wet mess.
Quite absorbent though (bamboo).
I wouldn't buy more.

sangriamaria

sangriamariaQueensland, 4000

Love these nappies, and the night boosters are incredible.

sjenki22

sjenki22Mid North Coast, NSW

love these

Love the look and fit of these nappies. Nice stretchy elastics and double gusset keeps everything contained. We currently use these of a night with the night time booster and can get 10-12 hours from them. Our inserts are all bamboo and dry within the day when outside. Will slowly build our stash to have more of these.
the bamboo terry inserts are very absorbent and soft

alison

alisonqueensland

Great in theory, poor in reality

EmmaCo

EmmaCoBrisbane

Not the best around especially for the price

lorgie79

lorgie79ACT, 2902

Best nappies available

These nappies are the absolute business. I almost gave on cloth after using fitted bamboo nappies with a cover but discovered these gems. They are easy to use, look great, and wash like a dream. I haven't had a leak yet despite having an extremely heavy wetter particularly overnight. The PUL flap on the inside of the front of the nappy really helps prevent moisture wicking upwards on to singlets/pjs with my tummy-sleeping angel.
I only wish they were slightly better priced but I suppose you get what you pay for. Cheaper to buy from the UK and pay postage.
easy to use and wash, never leak, look fantastic
expensive

Lane
Lane

Did you use the bamboo or minky inserts?

penracer

penracerSydney, NSW

Great nappies!

These nappies are very well made, and work very well - never had a leak! They look very cute however, I find them a bit bulky - not sure if all mcn are just as bulky? It makes it hard to put a onesie on baby. The bamboo insert is very absorbent but does take two days to dry if line dried indoors ie if u live in an apartment (tumble dry is not recommended).
Great containment
Bulky compared to disposables

monapie

monapieCanberra, Australian Capital Territory

Excellent night time nappy

Rinna

RinnaSA, 5114

MCN's for Dummies!

Omg absolutely love these nappies! I am a first time MCN user and you can't get much more basic than this. There is nothing confusing about them. They are as easy to use as disposables! I highly recommended for first time MCN users. Easy care and so far so good, no leakages =)
Newbie friendly

heyrey

heyreyRAdelaide

No leaks! Great night nappy.

I wish I found these nappies earlier - I bought these mainly because the print nappies they recently brought out caught my attention. The night booster is great and the nappy absorbs a lot. I was most impressed when my baby has had poopsplosions in the morning during her first feed after having had the nappy on all night ... and it didn't leak!

My main criticism would be the posision of the laundry tabs. With the poopsplosions, they are in the firing line for getting poop on them (I don't like to put the velcro on them until the poop has been washed off) and they're hard to access when changing nappies.
Great fit. Great night solution and no leaks!
Laundry tab positions