Coates Hire

Coates Hire

See the Best Tool & Building Equipment Hire in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great customer service

I hired a scaffold for domestic use. I was a bit intimidated by the idea of dealing with a big blokey impersonal company but I was completely wrong. Coates staff was friendly, helpful and easy to communicate with. The scaff was easy enough for two people to assemble and operate.

Good Customer Service

I hired a 2 man post hole digger to dig 10 x 1metre x 200mm holes to erect 10 x 2.4M posts in a flood damaged farm fence in the country. Coates quoted a good "higher price", also, they allowed me to collect the unit on Friday afternoon to enable me to start very early on Saturday morning. We managed to get 4 posts set up, no problems.
On the 5th hole the digger started to "play-up". It started turning the auger very slowly, therefore, we had to help it by crow-baring the hole so that the machine would lift the dirt out of the hole. As we progressed along to each hole to be dug, the machine operation worsened, with the result we finished up digging the last 2 holes by crow-bar and shovel. Instead of the job taking approximately 4 hours, it took until 6 pm to finish.
The next day at home I cleaned the machine and auger. On the Monday morning early, I returned it to Coates Hire Somerton.
When I explained what happened to the Manager, he apologised to me for the inconvenience. He thanked me for cleaning the machine (which wasn't hard to do) and refunded my money, apologising once again.
I would go back to them for hiring of equipment, because they provided Excellent Customer Service and accommodated my hire requirements without any fuss. Neither of us were to know that the machine was to give trouble as when we tested it there was NO SIGNS of possible troubles. It operated perfectly.
I say THANK YOU to the Manager at Somerton for his help and EXCELLENT SERVICE.