Codral Day & Night

Codral Day & Night

See the Best Cold & Flu Medication in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Louise G.

Louise G.Central Queensland, QLD

Awful

I had severe stomach pain in about 5 mins of taking codral and sever heart burn for days after. After about an hour of God awful pain my stomach started to feel better and my headache faded ever so slightly. Do not buy. Do not recommend. Terrible.

Side Effects Short-term physical illness

Sam

SamPerth

Zero stars really!

Purchased in October 2019 at IGA for $15.00.

Side Effects Mild side effects and Short-term physical illness
Symptoms RelievedNone Relieved

Does not work, horrible stomach pain

My husband and I came to NZ for vacation from the US and caught colds during our second week here. We went to a pharmacy to seek out medication similar to Dayquil/Nyquil that we have in the states and we were directed to this. However, it does not work at all, and the upper stomach pain has been unbearable for both of us. In fact, I almost feel like it made me worse! I thought perhaps we just were not used to these ingredients, but I see that many people have this experience. So unfortunate that this does not work, and it is so expensive! Huge disappointment.

Purchased in September 2019 for $15.00.

Side Effects Mild side effects and Short-term physical illness
Karlee

KarleeGippsland, VIC

Pain similar to labour contractions !

Purchased in August 2019 for $20.00.

Jess

JessGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don’t take if you have anxiety

Within the hour of taking these day time tablets, I got massive stomach pains, sweating, dizzy and nauseous. I felt like I was having a massive anxiety attack, Do not take these with anxiety

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $17.00.

Side Effects Poor mental health and Short-term physical illness

Jono

JonoSydney, NSW

Some relief, but raises my heartbeat

In the past Codral has worked for me, however the latest batch started my heart racing (124 beats per min) and I seem to want to go to the toilet constantly for a wee, but virtually nothing happens. I had to get out of bed 5 times last night, but virtually nothing came out. Then within 30 minutes I have the urge to go again! Just crazy. My Doctor recommended I stop taking them and move to Advil for the pain. Then drink lots of water, and take vitamins, eat well and rest. Sounds like a plan.

Purchased in July 2019 at Chemist for $16.50.

Side Effects Mild side effects
Symptom ReliefMild Improvement
Symptoms RelievedCongestion and Headaches

michelby68

michelby68

Mostly a waste of money

daytime tabs x2, no difference. Headache still migraine level. 2 x night tabs, much better, headache relieved, runny/blocked nose much better, just sleepy. Probably best thing so i can rest.

Purchased in July 2019 at Chemist for $17.00.

Side Effects None
Symptom ReliefMild Improvement

unhappy

unhappy

waste of money

the daytime tablets do nothing, the night time tablets made me drowsy a little but did not relieve any symptoms. Don't waste your money on these, they just don't work.

Purchased in July 2019.

Side Effects None
Symptom ReliefNo Effect
Mellisa G

Mellisa GSouth East Queensland, QLD

PE products are a waste of money

This product is a PE product, meaning that there is no Pseudo ephedrine contained in this formula. I cannot take either ingredient used to replace the pseudo ephedrine - one makes me cough violently, the other gives me itchy hives. If you want REAL relief, ask the pharmacist for the NON-PE version, which is still sold over the counter with presentation of photo ID, and don't let them convince you that PE products work - they don't.

Purchased in February 2016 at Chemmart for $19.99.

Side Effects Mild side effects

Stopped taking them.

Bought these for terrible cold. I have only taken four and all I've done is throw up...Making me feel quite ill..Never had this reaction with any other cold and flu medication.

KM

KMEssendon

Not really effective

I don’t even have a bad cold , but these have done nothing to even relieve me of the basics: congestion and a runny nose. I just hope my cold doesn’t get worse as I don’t think “solidiering on” would be possible on these. It was a total waste of my money. I remember when cold and flu tablets were guaranteed to make you feel better - these are a poor comparison.

Maralyn Manson

Maralyn MansonMargaret River, Western Australia

Was awake all night

Bree-Anna T

Bree-Anna TAU

Waste of money

Been suffering with the worst flu I’ve ever had & on day 3 finally gave in & went to the chemist (I usually avoid them at all costs), the pharmacist recommended Codral Day & Night. It did help with my wracking cough however the night tablets kept me awake tossing & turning for hours on end, not to mention they made me feel like I was going to throw up every time I moved.

And this is why I detest pharmaceuticals! They always seem to do more harm than good.

Caused stomach pain do not take

I took 2 night tablets to help with nasal congestion. An hour later my stomach felt like it was burning so badly I was grateful the pain made me vomit profusely and only then did I get any relief. This NEVER happened with the original formula.

Has done nothing to relieve symptoms

I have been waiting for symptoms to subside. My nose is still completely congested. This used to work really quickly, now doesn't seem to work at all. At nearly $20 it is a complete waste of money.

Works a treat

I started on the day and night tablets yesterday afternoon and have noticed a significant improvement in the way I feel already. I couldn't even swallow without excruciating pain yesterday morning, I had a dry cough and could feel phlegm starting to build up. Coral day and night seems to be the only thing that ever works for me.

Stomach pain nearly hospitalised me.

Dont waste your money

Purchased the Codral Day and Night tablets after I had used up the last of my original (full strength) Codral batch. The new product does absolutely nothing. Complete waste of $20.

EABell

EABellMelbourne

Stomach cramps

I have used the original formula and it was fine. This one gave me serious stomach cramps and frequent toilet visits. Really don’t need nausea when I have a cold!

sarge

sarge

Doesn't work after changed

Used to work a treat, now i might as well be taking dog crap to treat my family's cold. Ever since the pseudoephedrine was removed and now the codeine its garbage.

Kim

Kimasked

Do you need a prescription now for corral original day & night cold & flu tablets?

A.J

A.Jasked

Did anyone else wake up the next day with a horrible taste in their which just would not go away ? I’m wondering if it’s the codral causing it. I’ve brushed my teeth, eaten food and had sweet drinks to try and take the taste away but won’t work. Any ideas ?

Gladys
Gladys

Not only bitter aftertaste mouth but also very dried with mucus diarrhoea and dreadful stomach ache.

Person

Personasked

I took 4 of these tablets with in 24hrs I'm 16 should I go hospital?? Is this bad ??

Sammich
Sammich

My reaction happened about half an hour after I took them, so if nothing has happened I wouldn't worry that much. If anything happened when you took them is suggest not taking them again and if you had any severe reaction like hypoxia, call an ambulance.

Lee5114
Lee5114

My husband had no reaction to these tablets, only me. I think the problem only affects some people who are allergic to something in the tablets. It doesn't sound like they are a problem for you.

Get an answer from our members and Codral representatives

CategoryCold & Flu Medication