Coles Low Rate MasterCard

Coles Low Rate MasterCard

See the Best Low Rate Credit Cards in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Coles

Pros

• Low $58 Annual Fee

• Low 12.99% p.a. Interest Rate on purchases

• 0% p.a. on Balance Transfers for 15 months

Cons

• flybuy Points can only be earned at Coles Supermarkets at a rate of 0.5 flybuy points per $1

• 2.5% International Transaction Fee

With a low annual fee of $58 and an interest rate of only 12.99%, this Coles credit card is a popular everyday card for people looking to earn flybuys points on a Coles shop, which can also be transferred to Velocity Frequent Flyer points.

What makes this a rewards card?

• If you're a member of the Coles flybuys loyalty program, you will earn 1 point for every $2 you spend at Coles Supermarkets (make sure your Coles Mastercard is linked to your flybuys membership).
  • Have a Velocity Frequent Flyer account? Transfer flybuys points in multiples of 1,000 flybuys points for 500 Velocity points.

Any current offers or perks?

• Enjoy 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 6 months (reverts to cash advance rate) plus no balance transfer fee when you apply for a Coles Low Rate Mastercard by 30 June 2021.
  • Collect flybuys points when doing your everyday grocery run and get $10 off your Coles supermarket shop instantly at the checkout when you redeem 2,000 flybuys points.

What to watch out for?

• If you frequently buy online from overseas retailers or are looking to go travelling, be wary of the 2.5% international transaction fee.
  • Each time you make a payment to your account at Australia Post outlets by cash, cheque or EFTPOS, you'll have to pay a $2.25 over-the-counter transaction fee.
  • Earning points for your flybuys account is only possible when you shop at Coles supermarkets

What are my other options if I want a Coles Mastercard, but this one isn't for me?

CategoryLow Rate Credit Cards, Balance Transfer Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
Card TypeMastercard
Minimum Credit Limit $2,000
Maximum Credit Limit $60,000
Minimum Income $25,000
Additional Cardholders 4
Additional Cardholder Fee $10 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2%
Annual Fee$58 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 2.5%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$5
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate19.99% p.a.
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 15 months
Balance Transfer Rate 0% p.a.
Balance Transfer Fee 0%

• Application Process
Ronnie
RonnieIllawarra, NSW

Worse call centre ever

Their call centre is off shore so their accent is sometimes hard to hear. I got hung up twice by the same guy. You also have to do the runaround just to get onto an operator. Now thanks to them, I will have to go to the bank and transfer money from my credit card back onto my savings account. Naturally there is a fee involved. Worse call centre I have ever come across. These people obviously get paid peanuts so they provide a peanut service. 3 times this guy has hung up on me!

Rates and Fees
Cyrus T.
Cyrus T.Perth, WA

Absolute Scam!

Absolute scam.

I noticed that I always pay extra. Just paid a due amount in full and the very next day I noticed my balance is negative $200 and I couldn't figure out where it is coming from.

From that point I have recorded my transactions and again with the new payment I am 137 dollars short that I don't know where it is coming from .

I suspect that there is fraudulent transactions going on here .

No transparency in transactions and information whatsoever.

Avoid at all costs !

Overdrew bank accounts with extra payments not made

Worst customer service. Often overdraw my bank account by taking multiple payments after cancelling scheduled ones & being told by the customer service it won’t happen. When I cancelled my credit card they took another $3000 payment “by accident” & told me it would take over 10 days to fix & tried to sell me another credit card to fix the issue sooner. Never again!

Find out how Coles Low Rate MasterCard compares to other Low Rate Credit Cards

Do not bother. Worst customer service ever.

My account is locked and it is impossible to get through to a real person to have it unlocked. I got pushed around on the phone by a robotic female voice for 20minutes. MAKE THIS EASIER. It is absolutely frustrating!

Blujay
Blujay

Complete Scam

Applied during $100 off shop promotion. Met all criteria. No $100. Spent ages calling and chasing up, never called back like they said they would, have been chasing and chasing still no answers and no $100. Deceptive and misleading business practices, no service whatsoever through Citibank. Havw to pretend to be new customer just to speak to someone. Coles card app is always displaying inaccurate owing balance. Not worth the few extra flybuys points, go get a quality card from a reliable bank.

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

Nathan S.12 Nov 2019
how-to-get-in-front-of-credit-card-debt-with-a-credit-card-balance-transfer

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020
Andrew
Andrew

Can't setup direct debit to automatically pay card off.

This has been an issue for months now. This is a simple feature that people depend on to automatically pay off their account and keep their accounts in good standing.

Ed D happy Clickker!
Ed D happy Clickker!Gold Coast

Damaging your credit rating by Submitting Incomplete Card Application!

Greg F.
Greg F.Sydney, NSW

Unreliable

Account gets locked out for no reason and the card itself will be rejected for absolutely no reason, which is inconvenient when you're paying for dinner or standing at the counter trying to pay for your shopping, and you have to start fiddling around for another card to pay with. When I called Coles, they couldn't explain why the card was rejected, so I'll just wait for it to happen again and again. If you can't rely on it and have to carry a second card anyway, whats the point having this one?!

Dave
DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

What happened to customer service?

Application process was easy enough. Received 2 emails, one stating my application was incomplete then one 2 hours later stating it was not approved. Tried to call but it's impossible to talk to an actual person and the online chat function is useless. Also tried to send 2 email inquiries through their online portal but said experiencing delays. Completely useless customer and after sales service, nothing like the Coles store I go to.

Jan
Jan

Get rid of this card if you have one

Mark
Mark

practically can not be contacted unless an emergency

The company closed most contact services currently. The phone system hangs up if not deemed emergency and the email system says try later mostly. I realise services may limited but you can’t ignore your customers for weeks. I have wasted too much time trying to resolve an issue.

gottalove
gottaloveSydney, NSW

Loved this card until...

I have had a Coles Mastercard for many years however since it has been taken over by Citibank I have been far from happy.
In fact I had been avoiding Citibank due to poor experiences previously.
Their website is horrible, their service is horrible.
As I write this I am about to close my account with them. There are no advantages having a Coles Mastercard just grief.

dan
danSydney Surrounds, NSW

The worst! If you want a company who cancels your card for no reason leaving you with no credit card for 2 weeks.....

They cancel your card for no reason leaving you without a credit card. Have to setup all direct debits again. Terrible support, they cant understand you and have really poor telephone line

Topper M.
Topper M.

The best part is saying goodbye

Helen
Helensydney

perfect

I have been using coles credit cars for years now. perfect for our family, I have chosen the no annual fee card with paying the full amount owing every month. also, get a reward point for using the card, every dollar spent you got 0.5 points. meaning monthly you spent 3000 dollars, you will get 1500 points, over a year you got more than 100 dollars for just using the card. love this card. recommend to everyone

Read more reviews - page 2