Coles No Annual Fee MasterCard

See the Best No Annual Fee Credit Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Coles No Annual Fee MasterCard
CategoryNo Annual Fee Credit Cards, Balance Transfer Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
Contact Number 1300 306 397
Minimum Credit Limit $2,000
Maximum Credit Limit $60,000
Minimum Income $25,000
Additional Cardholders 4
Additional Cardholder Fee $0 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2%
Annual Fee$0 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 2.5%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$5
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate19.99% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Sign-Up Bonus Receive 20,000 bonus points when you apply by 30 September and spend $500 in the first 60 days from approval.
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 6 months
Balance Transfer Rate 0% p.a.

With no annual fee ever, up to 55 days interest free on purchases, and the ability to earn flybuys points on eligible spend (transactions not limited to spend at Coles Supermarkets), this Coles Mastercard offers a few perks that you don't have to pay for at all. Members of the Coles or Velocity Frequent Flyer loyalty program will benefit the most from this Coles credit card.

How do I earn points?

• Flybuys Points Earn Rate: If have a membership with Coles' rewards program, flybuys, you will earn 1 point for every $2 on eligible transactions to your linked flybuys account.
  • Velocity Frequent Flyer Points: Transfer flybuys points to your Velocity account in multiples of 2,000 flybuys points for 870 Velocity points, up to a maximum of 138,000 flybuys points (60,030 Velocity Frequent Flyer points).

Any current offers or perks?

• Apply by 30 September 2019 and get 20,000 bonus points if you spend $500 in the first 60 days from approval. That's equivalent to 8,700 Velocity Frequent Flyer points.
  • Balance transfer offer: 0% p.a. on a balance transfer period of 6 months Remember, no interest free days apply if you make a balance transfer.
  • Collect flybuys points when doing your everyday grocery shopping and get $10 off your Coles supermarket shop instantly at the checkout when you redeem 2,000 flybuys points.

Are there any potential card charges that I should watch out for?

• If you buy from overseas merchants or travel often, you'll have to pay a 2.5% international transaction fee.
  • Each time you make a payment to your account at Australia Post outlets by cash, cheque or EFTPOS, you'll have to pay a $2.25 over-the-counter transaction fee.

What are my other options if I want a Coles Mastercard, but this isn't for me?

Brilliant no annual fees card

I have been always using this credit card. Love it as this saves me money on my offset account. Very good customer service. Nice and clean app. never had any issue. Once forgotten to pay for one day and when called us they have reversed my interest charged. Highly recommended. And also flybuy points are charm

Card Start DateApril 2018

No Annual Fees.

No annual fees plus flybuys points. I don't like using a credit card but this one is perfect for me as it has no annual fees and gives me 1 flybuys point for every 2 dollars and I pay the balance it off within the credit period so I get interest charged. I have been using 3 years now with no issues. The customer service is good. I get replies within 2 days. If it's urgent I just call.

Card Start DateJanuary 2016
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

I did not find it helpful personally. Its same as bank credit card. Nothing special as usual card. Just ad up extra card on my pocket but i do love coles product.

No fee card with fly buys points

Picked this card up because of a bonus fly buys points promotion, no annual fee and ability to collect fly buys points for every day purchases makes it handy to have. The online portal is very easy to use, and email communications/alerts are reliable.

Card Start DateFebruary 2019
Card / Account Used ForOnline Shopping and Special Purchases

Excellent free credit card

Perfect credit card without having to pay any fees ever.You still earn a certain amount of rewards with the added bonus of not paying for this great credit card.Have never had any problems with it,love it!!

Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses and Online Shopping

Good credit card, would recommend.

No annual fee!
Great interest free period of 60 days, so if you pay off your purchase before 60 days you will not have to pay any interest! otherwise after that this card does have a 19.99% interest rate.
Recently we have been offered the coles platinum no annual fee card at no extra charge which includes free insurance of the card as well as product protection, for example, if i was to buy a laptop right now at $2000 and it is to go on sale at $1500 within 2 years of purchase coles will refund me the difference of $500!
this card has your flybuys barcode on the back for convenience
You also receive flybuy points for using the card which has helped me gain $300 for christmas last year just in flybuy points!
Customer service is ok but in saying that i have not had to call them in months so i'm not sure what they are like now.
I have also been offered cash out up to my credit limit with a special interest free period of 18 months i think it was, however i didn't need it so i did not take the offer however i thought it was cool to be offered.
you can access your account online and via there app so you can see what you have spent and what you owe in real time. they send statements via email which is fantastic and they are password protected, i believe they do offer postal statements if you would prefer also.
i think another great feature available at your fingertips and on demand is you can change your password or temporarily disable or enable it.
They also offer additional card holder cards at no extra charge (love this feature).

*If i have missed anything feel free to ask a question and if i have missed anything that i remember later i will edit this post :)*

Card Start DateJanuary 2019

Best card for me ever

This card, in my view surpasses all others for the following reasons,
No annual fee ever
You get rewards points on purchases
Card is accepted everywhere
This card forms a very important part of my finances especially my budgeting strategy, getting this card was one of the best decisions of my life

Card Start DateJanuary 2016
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Special Purchases

Excellent card, has saved me a good chunk of money by using it

I've had this card for several years now and I've only ever used credit cards to either build credit history (as I did in USA) and/or to earn rewards. With this one, it gives you 1 flybuys point for every $2 spent (not that great to be honest) but there are other benefits that I use it for:

1) I have a home loan with an offset account and the extra time I am able to keep the money (roughly $2000 per month) in my offset account saves me $5-$6 in interest payments per month (which gets used toward principal payment).
2) I have taken credit card insurance for which they charge 1% of the closing balance. I just ensure I pay off my card in full a few days before the statement closing cycle and I the best feature I love about the insurance is the price protection insurance which is valid for 2 years on most purchases (there are exceptions that are not covered) so if the price of the item goes down within 2 years at the same retailer I can claim the difference. I estimate, this has saved me about $300-400 so far.

If you are responsible with your spending, credit cards are a great way to earn a little extra. I've had a credit card since 2003 and have never paid a cent in interest.

Main Point of ContactPhone
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping, Overseas/Travel and Special Purchases

No Annual fee and points

No annual fee and can increase limit to $6000 like other credit cards plus collect 1 point per dollar spent. I love it so much I gave supplemental card for my husband, so instead if using other cards or pay cash he can help me get more flybuy points faster.

Card Start DateApril 2017
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Special Purchases

Awesome for getting fly buys points

Its great. Not only do you get the usual fly buys points but you get the extra for using the card. And its a great suprise when you go to pay at coles and you get a notification saying you have $10 off with the fly buys points !!!

Good Low Fees Credit Card with Below Average Customer Service

I have been using for the past 8 months and below are the pros and cons:
Pros:
1. Flybuys points
2. Low Annual Fees
Cons:
1. Below Average Customer Service
I would suggest this card only if you can bear with their below par service.

Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Overseas/Travel

No annual fees card - YEY!

Rare no annual fees, no useless gimmicks (points) card.
Serves the purpose. When I signed up gave me 100$ work coles supermarket credits. Coles purchase from the card gives me additional points, collect 2000 and get $10 off your coles bill. The online system is user-friendly and easy to use. Bills are nice and detailed for my transaction history. Nice to have card.
Sign up was a breeze, customer service follows up and completes the process.
Getting a supplementary card is a hassle, where your spouse has to got to a post office to prove her identity herself.
Other than that highly recommend this card!

Not used overseas yet.

Card Start DateMarch 2019

Good card

The app isn't the best but it's my main card now due to the amazing price protection. Latitude insurance price protection claim form is pretty annoying to fill when you do it in a regular basis but it's definitely worth it.

Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Special Purchases

Really good card for everyday living

Love that this card has no annual fees, and really like that using it to shop at Coles generates bonus points for Flybuys, since I consider Coles to be my main shopping location. It helps to build points faster for bonuses, without costing me anything

Card Start DateMay 2016

No annual fees

Love that this card has no annual fees and instant 10 off at Coles when I earn 2000 flybuy points. I’ve had this card for a few years and haven’t had any issues. I would highly recommend this card if you’re looking for one without annual fees.

Great incentive card

My experience has being great with the card, not had any issues, customer service was great. Can’t complain and this card came with a free $100 Coles shop. Well done Coles!

Card Start DateFebruary 2019
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

Excellent credit card with no annual fee

I applied for this credit card when they had a promo of 0% on purchases for 15 months and 5000 flybuys points bonus (that's equivalent to $25) when you spend a certain amount of money. Overall this is a great deal as 0% on purchases for over a year can actually save a lot of money as I earn from interest on my savings. The other bonus is extra flybuys points on most spending that can convert to dollars off groceries at Coles/Kmart/Target etc.

The application process was very easy and standard just as other credit card applications - 2 recent payslips as proof of income, copies of ID and address. The processing time was pretty quick, within a week or so.

After they approved my card, I called them to make sure that the offer was applicable on my card. The girl on the phone was very polite and explained things to me clearly.

The app is easy to navigate and it shows all the important info on the dashboard. Coles also sends email reminders when close to repayment due date which is great. Another security feature that I like about this Credit card is that they send you a text message when there is a big purchase made on your card (such as water bill, rates etc).

This is definitely a no frills credit card. Just as long as I don't forget to pay the minimum payment to not incur a penalty, all is excellent. I would highly recommend this card.

Card Start DateOctober 2018

Terrible - do not apply!

For the last 6 months I have had numerous problems with my Coles Mastercard & their absolutely shocking customer service. My card was compromised - there were fraudulent transactions on it from Facebook overseas. Firstly, when I reported the transactions and the card was blocked, the charges kept coming (somehow?!) so I had to report a second time. Secondly, they finally got around to refunding these charges some three months later after a handful of phone calls. Just when I think it's all sorted a number of the refunds are reversed. Since then I have had phone call after phone call after phone call (I think 7 in total) trying to resolve this, they cannot tell me why they reversed the refunds or anything more. It has been nearly 7 months since the initial charges. Today I cancelled as enough is enough. Too hard, other cards are much easier.

Card Start DateJune 2012
Card / Account Used ForSpecial Purchases

Perfect zero fee card

I have been using the Coles No annual Fee MasterCard for the past 5 years and it's fantastic. for a zero fee no frills credit card, it's really good. It allows me to accumulate flybuys points, it is accepted in most if not all places. Never had an issue with it before.

Card Start DateMay 2013
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Special Purchases

Great promo to get card, no annual fee

The promo where you get $100 for signing up is pretty amazing when you consider there's no annual fee. It was very easy to sign up and I had the card in my mailbox within days. Having it linked to flybuys is also handy so you don't need to use two cards at the checkout.

Card Start DateMay 2019