Coles Rewards Mastercard

Coles Rewards Mastercard

Pros

• 20,000 bonus flybuy points on offer

• $0 Annual Fee in your first year

• $10 off Coles supermarket shop at the checkout each time you redeem 2,000 flybuys points

• Earn 2 flybuys Points per $1 on eligible spend

• 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 18 months

Cons

• Relatively high $99 Annual Fee

• $30 Late Payment Fee

• 1.5% Balance Transfer Fee

There are plenty of benefits to take advantage of with this Coles Mastercard, offering bonus flybuys points, no international transaction fee, and the ability to earn double flybuys points. This comes at the cost of a $99 annual fee and a 19.99% p.a. interest rate, but if you want to rack up those flybuys points, makes it worth your money.

Earning Points:

• Flybuys Loyalty Program Earn Rate: Earn 2 points for every $1 on eligible spend

Offers and Perks:

• $0 in your first year.
  • 20,000 bonus flybuy points when you spend $500 or more on eligible purchases within 60 days of approval.
  • No international transaction fee. Save money by ensuring you don't pay any unnecessary foreign fees.
  • Balance transfer offer: 0% p.a. balance transfer rate for 18 months. No interest free days apply when you have a balance transfer.
  • Collect flybuys points when doing your everyday grocery shopping and get $10 off your Coles supermarket shop instantly at the checkout when you redeem 2,000 flybuys points.

What not to like:

• $99 annual fee
  • Each time you make a payment to your account at Australia Post outlets by cash, cheque or EFTPOS, you'll have to pay a $2.25 over-the-counter transaction fee.

What are my other options if I want a Coles Mastercard, but this isn't for me?

CategoryBalance Transfer Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards

Annual Fee$99 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 2.5%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$5
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate19.99% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Sign-Up Bonus

Receive 20,000 bonus flybuys Points when you spend $500 or more on eligible purchases within 60 days of approval.

Introductory Offers

Receive 0% p.a. on Balance Transfers for 18 months when you apply for a Coles Rewards Mastercard by 30 June 2021. Reverts to Cash Advance rate, 1.5% BT fee applies.

Reduced First Year Annual Fee $0
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 18 months
Balance Transfer Rate 0% p.a.
Balance Transfer Fee 1.5%

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process

It’s great but has drawbacks

This card is great for points but it really ticks me off how they keep track of debits immediately but never show what you pay for days, if at all.

Just walk away. Fast.

Applied for this card, I have no credit issues, good salary, savings, but declined and all I got for my efforts even after a review of the assessment is an application listed on my credit file. Not sure why anyone would bother. No reason was given, just told I could apply again in the future. I dont think so!

Yimes
YimesPerth, WA

Customer service is beyond awful

Can you please improve the customer service? Despite of the accent, it's really difficult even reaching the customer service centre on the phone. It hangs up automatically, there was once I had to call 5 times to get through, but even I got through, the operator didn't manage to help much either because of problem solving limitations.

Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Find out how Coles Rewards Mastercard compares to other Balance Transfer Credit Cards

John
John

Customer Care - As long as you don't want to talk

Call our Customer Care Team, spent 30 mins trying to talk to someone, consistently pushed around from computer to computer. Only people can speak to are in regard to possible fraudulent transactions but can't/won't help with service. One of the worst products I have used.

Osaka W.
Osaka W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Nightmare to deal with

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

Nathan S.12 Nov 2019
how-to-get-in-front-of-credit-card-debt-with-a-credit-card-balance-transfer

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020
Disgusted
DisgustedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disgusted & shocked

Pieeater
Pieeater

Let down by substandard customer service centre

Cyrus T.
Cyrus T.Perth, WA

Absolute Scam!

Absolute scam.

I noticed that I always pay extra. Just paid a due amount in full and the very next day I noticed my balance is negative $200 and I couldn't figure out where it is coming from.

From that point I have recorded my transactions and again with the new payment I am 137 dollars short that I don't know where it is coming from .

I suspect that there is fraudulent transactions going on here .

No transparency in transactions and information whatsoever.

Avoid at all costs !

Michelle D.
Michelle D.

Used to be tolerable for the extra flybuys points but has become a joke

ECLok
ECLokSydney

Worst application process.

I have other credit cards more then 10 years and I don't think I have any credit issue. I applied Coles credit card because they promoted flybuy points. I filled and uploaded all information that they requested in the application form online. A few days later, I got a call that request more document. After I emailed to them, I received another call and request more and more document. I have no idea why they did that. Their application form got enough information from customer completely. I don't feel secure that they got too much information from me. Ignore this card keep your privacy.

KRB
KRBGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent BUT : Transaction Alert

When Coles Financial Services emails me a Transaction Alert it states to "please call us on 1300 306 397 " BUT when I ring this number I could not find anyone to report to or any option that helped with this. Nor did I have any answers with the Online Service Centre. I finally tried the chat line, only to find that by this time the transaction had been completed , and I found it difficult and time consuming trying to so called "chat " to someone who seemed to have difficulty with English.

unique name
unique nameMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Unreliable, poor communication, harraasment

Bad Card

This is worst card i have had. statements hard to understand. Impossible to get help. Customer service a joke. Half the staff do not even speak english properly.
Would not recommend to anyone.
If they could improve service card would be ok.

@SHiK
@SHiKGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bunch of liars and misleading, stay away from them!!!

I had the worst experience with coles financial services, aweful company to deal with, applied 2 credit cards, bunch of liars, did not get the points, escalated to manager, Mary the manager showed no intention to help, now i am goint to financial ombudsman, stay away from them, wont recommend anyone!

Phil
PhilSydney, NSW

BEWARE Major Changes in 2021 to Conditions of Use / Reduced Rewards / Flybuy Points (owner Citigroup P/L)

calais
calaisasked

Why is this site "product review offering $20 Cole gift cards??? Is Coles aware of this?? Or us this a scam that we need to involve the ACCC???

calais
calaisasked

How do I get my $20 card for submitting 4 reviews??????????

HappyJanasked

As a LONG time customer with one of these cards, I've noticed dramatic changes since Citibank joined. For those who have switched to another credit card company...any good recommendations? I liked this one for the Flybuys.

Dave
Dave

If you are as crazy as I am gathering Flyby points, then I would stick to the Coles card 100% and reap as many points as possible. If you want to swap, I just became a Bank Australia customer and opened a number of accounts after closing all my CBA ones. They have a very good VISA card with no annual fee and only 12.39% and the same on cash advances. Check them out. We’re really happy with them.

HappyJan

@ Dave, thanks.... from all the reviews I've read, even closing your Coles Mastercard account is difficult! I might stick with them a bit longer and hope they pick up their game!! In the meantime, I'll check out Bank Australia.

Get an answer from our members and Coles representatives