Coles Rewards Mastercard

Coles Rewards Mastercard

See the Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Coles

Pros

20,000 bonus flybuy points on offer
$0 Annual Fee in your first year
$10 off Coles supermarket shop at the checkout each time you redeem 2,000 flybuys points
Earn 2 flybuys Points per $1 on eligible spend
0% p.a. on balance transfers for 18 months

Cons

Relatively high $99 Annual Fee
$30 Late Payment Fee
1.5% Balance Transfer Fee

There are plenty of benefits to take advantage of with this Coles Mastercard, offering bonus flybuys points, no international transaction fee, and the ability to earn double flybuys points. This comes at the cost of a $99 annual fee and a 19.99% p.a. interest rate, but if you want to rack up those flybuys points, makes it worth your money.

Earning Points:

• Flybuys Loyalty Program Earn Rate: Earn 2 points for every $1 on eligible spend

Offers and Perks:

• $0 in your first year.
  • 20,000 bonus flybuy points when you spend $500 or more on eligible purchases within 60 days of approval.
  • No international transaction fee. Save money by ensuring you don't pay any unnecessary foreign fees.
  • Balance transfer offer: 0% p.a. balance transfer rate for 18 months. No interest free days apply when you have a balance transfer.
  • Collect flybuys points when doing your everyday grocery shopping and get $10 off your Coles supermarket shop instantly at the checkout when you redeem 2,000 flybuys points.

What not to like:

• $99 annual fee
  • Each time you make a payment to your account at Australia Post outlets by cash, cheque or EFTPOS, you'll have to pay a $2.25 over-the-counter transaction fee.

What are my other options if I want a Coles Mastercard, but this isn't for me?

CategoryBalance Transfer Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
Annual Fee$99.00 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 2.5%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$5.00
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate19.99% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Sign-Up Bonus

Receive 20,000 bonus flybuys Points when you spend $500 or more on eligible purchases within 60 days of approval.

Introductory Offers

Receive 0% p.a. on Balance Transfers for 18 months when you apply for a Coles Rewards Mastercard by 30 June 2021. Reverts to Cash Advance rate, 1.5% BT fee applies.

Reduced First Year Annual Fee $0.00
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 18 months
Balance Transfer Rate 0% p.a.
Balance Transfer Fee 1.5%

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process

Amanda M
Amanda MSydney, NSW

Dont care about their long term loyal customers.

Julie
JulieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Impossible to understand the statements

Spent 2 months trying to get clarification on my account in 2021. Gave up and just paid and paid and paid. As at April 2022 I have been told I have overpaid my account by $500 but the next day told I still owe $150???. Paid the $150 today, wonder how much I will owe them tomorrow???

rapapa
rapapa

They hold onto payments for a few days leaving your limit in limbo

Their whole accounting process is pathetic. I payment made for example on the 10th doesnt get credited until the 12th with the balance then backdated to your original date of the 10th. If you wanted to use your limit within those 2 days you cant as it will show that payment as not being available on your account. Terrible citi group that now owns them.

This is terrible!

Coles MasterCard sent me an offer and I accepted it. But when I called Coles MasterCard I was told they wouldn’t give me this offer without any reason. This is terrible!

Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Find out how Coles Rewards Mastercard compares to other Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Tales04
Tales04Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible financial institution

Nothing but grief with customer service from phone connection, difficulty of payment and general enquires!! It’s an institution that has not got with the current age and is all about greed cold calling and poor business relations! Do yourself a favour go to any other financial institution other than coles and you will thank god you did

pcaman2003
pcaman2003Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible Application Process and Response

Scott H
Scott HRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Appalling

Customer service woeful, app and website terrible. Continually "temporarily unavailable". No Google Pay. If you don't have Samsung or Apple, bad luck. No interest it seems in listening to customers.

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

how-to-get-in-front-of-credit-card-debt-with-a-credit-card-balance-transfer
Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
Jenny Burns
Jenny BurnsRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Crapful

The service to get a new ph number added to yr service is prehistoric. Have to write an actual letter on paper and send to them, in order for this to happen. Absolutely crap service. No wonder its a free card. Im paying it off and getting rid of the headache

Michelle E.
Michelle E.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extremely inconvenient and zero communication

Angus L.
Angus L.Sydney, NSW

Shocking Customer Service

I've called in to change my address and phone number and have just been told that i will need to send in certified ID via post. It's 2021 not 1921. Why is it such a struggle to change these details over the phone, i can do it with all other companies. I want to close my accounts! I know my previous address and phone number, but they are saying they don't have enough ID to change anything. They didn't ask me for my DOB, but asked me for my Drivers Licence number - why ask for that if it's not going to help anything (now i'm worried about giving this info to a stranger on the phone). They also won't cancel my card until i change my address via post - that's convenient! Don't deal with Coles Financial Services.

Carrie
Carrie

Horrible customer service, dishonest

My husband applied for this card because of the promotional offer of $150 off a Coles shop. I took a screen shot of the offer because it's not uncommon for them to not honour these offers. Sure enough, Coles has given him only $100 off after meeting the conditions instead of the advertised $150. He contacted them to have them correct their error but they remain adamant that the offer was $100 despite him sending evidence of the offer he applied to. We've both had Coles credit cards in the past and this is another reminder why we always close them. The customer service is horrendous and it's not an honest company.

abhi
abhiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Beware Fraud Transaction being charged by Coles. Change the company

Main Point of ContactPhone
Card / Account Used For
  • Everyday Expenses

Refuse to refund after Coles have refunded money for 3 months

Ordered Coles online and one bag was missing. Coles refunded the money immediately but the credit card company is holding the money and refuse to refund after over 3 months.

Melissa46
Melissa46Wollongong

Not great customer assistance

It is impossible to speak to a person, rather than a robot, straight away-instead we go through the process of endless button pushing and "I am sorry, that is not a valid response"!!
I did eventually get to speak to an operator, [Name Removed], who resolved my issue regarding reporting an unauthorised transaction on the card. Those three stars relate to that outcome.
I am forced to go through this process because when I try and make contact through Facebook messenger and email, the Coles Mastercard Rewards app will not support it. Most unsatisfactory when we need such issues resolved quickly.

Online Experience
Leigh T.
Leigh T.Perth, WA

The worst customer service

I applied for the Coles Platinum MasterCard and received my cards in the mail. I tried to activate them online with no success. I then tried to call on 3 separate occasions and got told I would be called back within the day but they never did. The phone reception was terrible every time and I could barely hear what they were saying. In the end I cancelled the cards after 2 weeks. I wouldn't bother with this credit card. Terrible customer service and your personal info goes overseas.