Coles Supermarkets

Coles Supermarkets

Really happy with Coles country store

I have been living in a country area for 15 years now and I have nothing but great things to say about the local Coles store in this area. The staff are always nice and customer service is great. Couldn't be happier.

'Cub' Nappies I Am So Disgusted

I am so very annoyed of how stupid thin the newborn nappies are... Bring back comfy bots!!!
This is disgusting, you need Comfy Bots all sizes, they were the best and now you screwed it with 'CUB'
Change it back!!!!

Coles Curry Pot Chicken Biryani 350g everyday product

This product is not what they advertised, no chicken no veggies in the container only just rice and flavors.
Chicken biryani, no please call it rice biryani instead. very disappointed for the third times and will never but it again.

The fruit is covered in mould

A punnet of strawberries still sitting on the shelves was covered in mould and they say their fruit is fresh that is how’s you how old the fruit is and bad management

Now shopping at Aldi

Ever since the decision to ban plastic bags (which we always used for rubbish) we have gone to Aldi which are cheaper and better quality. The only products we buy at Coles are the ones you cannot get at Aldi. A thoroughly bad decision by Coles and Woolworths who colluded to rip off the customers.

Kind staff but limitations of products

There is a flamboyant staff member at the Lutwyche store who stands out from and greets everyone with a giant smile, "greeting to you all" he says with a larger than life personality! It's refreshing and positively satisfying to have someone focus solely on customer service. The store is currently being renovated so some items are limited but they do make flat break fresh and the wild caught seafood is very tasty!

Chocolate caramel cake

Bought a chocolate caramel cake from coles..It is advertised as fluffy sponge cake..but disappointly it is very dry and couldn't eat..surprised by this poor quality cake by coles..total waste of money..

Stafe very rud

Qld I want to complain about stafe in pimpama coles because some of them is very rud always she though the thing on the bugs for me I’m very disappointed because always shopping at coles thank you.

TP disaster of 2019

Dearest Coles, I would like to inform you of the impact one of your products is currently having on my relationship. My bf and I share a house, but lucky woman I am we have two bathrooms, so I don't have to share a bathroom with him yet, because let's face it a woman's bathroom is a very different place to a man's bathroom. Women use it for rituals, plucking, pruning, oiling, waxing, generally a place of self loathing, but in the peace of our own beautiful space. Men however use it to shower, shave and shi..... well you get the picture. I recently purchased your Coles brand 3 ply double length toilet tissue for my bf's bathroom, what ensued after that point can only be described as the never ending TP disaster of 2019. Your toilet tissue, even though advertised as 3 ply is essentially the consistency of eco wedding confetti. Not only does the paper disintegrate into approx. 41.5 tiny pieces of white devil dust each time a sheet is ripped off, because it literally the weight of hydrogen, it then magically finds it's way into every other room in my house, even from the smallest of breezes. (As you can imagine breezes are beneficial, if not a necessity after bf visits the royal throne). I have been driven to the point of insanity by finding your white devil dust all through out my house. There have been many a 'discussion' aka argument about the devil dust I am finding all about my beautiful home. Of course I blame bf and he blames me for purchasing such inferior quality TP. I am blaming you, for 1) supplying inferior TP 2) the love lost between myself and bf 3) your devil dust driving me to the point of bat crap crazy. Over and out, I'm off to the asylum.

Buy 2 for a special price

Big business Rip Off, Consumers be aware, 2 for a supposedly special price, they try to make you buy 2, when you only want to buy 1 at an over inflated price

A supermarket cutting back on plastics, what a joke!

This review will be based around my shopping experience and the fact of Coles' lack of respect for the environment. Firstly shopping at Coles is ok, I don't really have too much trouble in regards to this. my main problem is the way Coles tries to promote itself lately by offering cheap plastic garbage to attract kids. Here we are in the 21st century trying to cut back on plastics and Coles is spreading more of it around then what's in a larger number of plastic bags. What's the point? All to try and attract customers? and at the end of the day they'll either end up at the tip or in the ocean. It's obvious Coles doesn't care about cutting back on plastics or the environment, they are more concerned about making money and paying their shareholders. It's almost turn off from shopping at Coles!

COLES SUPERMARKETS - VERY DISAPPOINTED.

I have a long history of shopping at Coles but for a long time now I increasingly find I am unable to buy the brands I like and dont like the Coles own brand that is my only option in many cases. The next thing that really distresses me is the disappearance of Greens Gluten Free Cake mixes. In my opinion it is by far and away the best GF cakemix and only uses 2 eggs as opposed to 4 in another brand that Coles still stocks. Two eggs is a big difference in some family budgets especially when you have to also cater for someone that has a dietary problem. It is not easy on the mums, or anyone else for that matter. Please bring back the Greens cake mixes. I have spoken to Greens who have assured me that they did not withdraw the product but that Coles had discontinued it. I might also point out that when enquiring at my local coles I been was given the complete runaround about this product and they would not tell me it had been discontinued. Finally I was told that the companies just take them off and nothing Coles can do about it. Seems this is a downright lie. Dont appreciate that either.

So soft toilet paper

I have been buying this product for a few years and I have been happy with it. I recently noticed that the last packet I purchased is not so soft it is actually quite rough. Not happy so I will be looking for another brand of toilet paper.

Very friendly customer service

Have been coming here for 8 yrs we have become like family. They don’t mind my kids and are very welcoming and know us by name now. Very family friendly

Terrible customer service

The Coles supermarket at Edensor Park NSW has got the worst customer service . When you’re doing a large shopping and have no choice but to use the checkouts with the cashiers , you’re left waiting for ages while they serve the other customers at the cigarettes service desk even though the customer with the groceries were there waiting first. You can’tuse The self serve if you have ore then a few things because their machines are so useless they keep stoping. The deli section is always left unattended and customers are waiting for ages again to get served. This supermarket was better managed when it was Biko. Very crappy service indeed.

Purchased Pete Evan's butter chicken

Purchased Pete Evan's butter chicken and it was disgusting looking . There was no way anyone could have eaten it. I took it back to Coles Fairfield west and had it exchanged.

We are not Stupid

Coles or to be more exact Wesfarmers really do think the public are stupid. Your marketing mob should realise that after a period of time we won't cop the rubbish you put forward as fresh food. Take a leaf out of the Harris family in the way they run a business QUALITY as much as they can. Please take your marketing principles back to the USA where they belong, sorry, principles is the wrong word your company has none. I hope this is FACTUAL and OBJECTIVE enough.

Should never have sacked the butchers!!

Ever since Coles has closed down it's in house butcher department and went with bulk bought prepacked meat the quality has gone down hill. It is really hard to find meat that isn't within 2 days of the used by date. Mince is the worst, there were 20 odd packets just been refilled but all go out of date tomorrow. This has to be just as annoying for your stores as it is for the customers. Least all the local independent butchers will be getting a business boost. Don't bother buying your meat from Coles, it's just some shonky warehouse who doesn't care about quality.

Coles $30 Online Order Cancellation fee

I have been charged a $30 cancellation fee for an order I cancelled as the delivery estimate was getting later and later. It was 6pm and at that point and they were estimating delivery 9:30pm+.

I spoke with their customer service line twice on the day of delivery. They suggested canceling the order, but at no point did they advise there would be a fee. Easy $30 for them I guess!

I queried the charge and was told there would be no refund.

Coles Supermaket Hypermarket-Customer service is DISMAL and APPALLING

Had to return two items purchased day before. From Coles a $5 salad pack that wasn't fresh and looked appalling inside and from Woolworth's an unopened $5 light ice cream with a faulty container leaking. I first went to Woolworths who couldn't be more helpful giving me my $5 cash and to surprise getting me a new ice cream at no charge (free). Then Coles, in same shopping centre. The women at the counter wouldn't give cash, wanted the same card used to purchase and made me feel terrible returning a product they shouldn't have even had for sale. Not fresh, just dried and stale. In the end after demanding to see the manager, got a credit. Woolworths were fantastic but Coles do not have a customer service and made the experience like entering the legal arena for $5 on a faulty unfit food item.