2.6 from 1,207 reviews

See the Best Supermarkets in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Chicken tenders new recipe

Chicken tenders new recipe is to take out the real chicken and replace it with processed chicken, same price for such low quality. Just a cost cutting strategy, shameful way to go

Store LocationWollongong

Good Experience

Haven't used Coles for a while. They refurbished our local store. Lots of space, improved range, and great lighting. I was with Coles 10 years ago then swapped over to Woolies - I'm now back at again as a Coles customer

Cooked Chickens.

I cannot believe how Coles Roast Chickens are just taken from cooker, placed in bag and then in heating cabinet. I believe this is not a correct way to handle them. The same chickens could be sitting in the cabinet for hours on end and are. How is this allowed with our health standards. Woolworths place the time the chicken has come from the oven clearly stated. Woolies chickens are always fresh delicious and safe to eat. Surely the council health dept needs to be looking at this. So easy to pick up gastro eating food laying around in a heating cabinet for unknown hours.

Store LocationThe Glen

Decent store, good customer service

Fairly good store, good spacing of each isle, customer service is decent. I regularly visit this store, some good specials depending on my needs. Easy planogram layout, I usually know where to find what I need. Also the various deli/butcher/bakery departments are timely in serving and professional. In particular, tasty and fresh roast chickens.

Store LocationWarnbro

Really good supermarket

This is a great supermarket , where u can find everything u need. There is a lot of special every week , and a lot of discount . The stuff are really nice .

Store Locationrichmond

Regarding self service is horrible

Customers are doing the employees jobs. We are scanning/bagging our own groceries & it's a paid job. We are doing it for free! They pay no superannuation, holiday pay or sick leave to us for doing their job! What should the customers hourly rate be for doing their job?

Store LocationSunnybank Hills

Good prices

Coles is always the better supermarket for vaule and range.
I always bulk up on the half price specials and the docket deals for liquorland are great money savers and you get flybuys great savings allround.

Store LocationBundaberg Kensington

no stock bad vegi and fruit

coles TUMUT , manager great, staff great, the best service i have ever found ,will refund or exchange with out a problem ,BUT coles fruit and vegi , meat are second grade time and time again have to return the rubbish that the coles,that head office pushes on to the country people , lack of stock on shelves mostly on thursday and friday , specials eg : willow esky tumut did not get them staff offer to take your name to let you know when or if they come in , this is not good , just today i a bag of oranges that i purchased on thursday last i peeled some today , half are rottin inside with black rott , the rest tast off , sick of going out of my way to return coles off vegi, fruit, meat, it cost me my time and fuel to return this second grade products ,, i hope that we get a aldi store, and i will make sure that i will buy my products at aldi wagga which is 100 ks away ,but it takes me 50ks in trips back to return tripts to tumut coles ,so coles you have got great staff in your tumut store , you at head office pick up your game on qualty and delivery , or loose customers,,,,,,,

Store Locationtumut

It's is very good marker. I am going to coles every week and I buy frits,milk and daily foods etc. It has foods with premium quality. It has fresh vegetables

Worse ever

Can't even refund a thing. What am I going to do with all my products that I bought from your supermarket? Throw them away? Or just atleast specify what can we refund and what we can't! I thought you guys are 100% happy for full refund and where is that???? 100% satisfactory?? All is just a lie!!

Store LocationCarousel

A Terrible tactic by super market

The Whole Coles mini thing is a well planned tactic to increase their sale by manipulating little people. This super market stunt puts huge pressure and financial burden on young families, who are already struggling with financial difficulties. Hopefully someone could put hold on these supermarket tactic. Moreover the quality of Coles mini is totally plastic.

Kalamata Olive Bread

Firm, moist, packed with loads of black olives. Little on the expensive side but a great taste compared to what you would pay for from a chain bakery shop. Recommended as part of an anti-pasti platter.

Easy to shop there

Coles is just an easy place to shop at with great service. Smiling staff with great customer service. And you earn flybuys points which makes life easier. Go coles any day

Store LocationHigh Wycombe

Deli only sells Chinese bacon now ;-(((((

Have watched my Coles slowly reduce the 4 types of bacon to horrid imported. Its all foreign now, mostly from China. Why does Coles always race to the bottom? A lot of Coles shoppers want quality. Most of their tinned fruit and veg is imported from overseas in horrid metal cans that taste like metal. Harder to get good Aussie SPC stock in food grade containers.

Store LocationColes Footscray and Yarraville

Coles Brand Mince Pies

I know that Christmas is 3 months away but I am a sucker for good fruit mince pies! Good ones, that is! I tried a pack of Coles own mince pies as they were on special at $2 for 6. I tell you folks, don't make the same mistake. The crust is rock hard and will lacerate your gums. The filling pours like a glutinous pouring syrup and is disgustingly sweet. After a couple of bites the remainder, and the rest of the pack, went straight down the waste disposal. (I hope the pastry didn't damage the blades!) I note that they are made in New Zealand so I suspect that perhaps they were frozen, hence the hard pastry. (Remember the "fresh" bread Coles imported from Ireland that was deemed "fresh" because it had been, before it was frozen?) Coles need to lift their game if they hope to continue to compete with the big boys, Woolies, Aldi, Kaufman, IGA.

Store LocationSurfers Paradise, Qld.

No more minis

No more minis, clearly not a generous and well planned company when stated time on promotion not run out and you have no more minis. My children very disappointed. Woolworths much more generous.

Store LocationConcord

Meat prices

The meat in coles used to be at the best price around now it's the worsed . They are pricing themselves out of customers pockets. Please why is that . Thank you .

Store LocationWanneroo in wa

A Week to Go - and Yes Coles you've done it again - No More Mini Collectables Available in the Shops !

When you had the promotion for the plastic containers you ran out Very Very early in the promotion for the Vacuum Sealer - I had all these plastic Containers but NO Vacuum Sealer - Again you try to pull people into these promotions but NEVER have enough to cover your promotions - At least Woolworths give out BONUS ooshies with purchase of certain products plus the $30.00 minimum spend.
I am collecting for my grandson but would have saved my money at Coles had i known there was none left.
Should be notices up in the stores that they are not available and NOT promoted on our register dockets/receipts of what we HAVE (Haven't) earned in this transaction.

Store LocationVictoria

Minis are minus

Disappointed today that the minis have run out. Spent over $60 on petrol and over $130 at supermarket but no minis were available. We only need 2 more to fill our case so disappointing.

Store LocationBerwick

Coles crunchy clusters

I thought I had found a perfect affordable version of breakfast cereal. I have purchased 3 packets in the past. Over the weekend I purchased another one and have been more than disappointed. The crunchy cluster cereal was different this time. It seems as though it has been filled out with corn flakes. Almost pointless eating. I am writing as I would like to know if this is a change that will be ongoing as will not purchase another packet if that is the case. Thanks Nicole

Store LocationTarneit

Wondering if anyone else has been charged for redeeming their Coles containers despite still having container credits to use. I just redeemed credits for a container worth x amount of credits and it scanned as a $16 container but I only got credit for $15.20 so paid 80 cents for it. Minimal I know but I thought they were free

Went to Bacchus Marsh Coles yesterday and bought 2 of your Coles reusable bags. Was surprised that the check out girl just slid all the groceries down the bench and I had to pack my own shopping. No explanation from the girl. I looked at other registers and others were doing the same. Is this a new thing at Coles?
ask coles

Why am I told that my 38 fresh food container points are useless now. The promotion has not finished and they still have signs all over the store.. My latest docket show how many points I have but can’t use them as they have all sold out. False advertising!
call and make a complaint or go to Fair Tradingthe logical thing to do is ask the store manager & all he/or she has to say is we have not had time to take them down. Then they will take them down & there is then nothing anyone can do about it.I did ask and was told by a senior staff member. I appears that that staff member was ill informed as today there were containers and the story now was the staff had not bothered to unpack the boxes. Problem solved.

CategorySupermarkets and Physical Shops