Commonwealth Bank Awards

Commonwealth Bank Awards

See the Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Commonwealth Bank? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Entry-level credit limit of $500 minimum

• Low $59 Annual Fee

Cons

• High Balance Transfer Rate (5.99%)

• Awards points earn rate capped at 50,000 per annum

CategoryBalance Transfer Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
Card TypeMastercard
Minimum Credit Limit $500
Additional Cardholder Fee $10 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2%
Rewards ProgramCommBank Awards
Points Earn Rate 1 points per $1
Points Conditions
  • 1 Awards point per $1 spent using your Mastercard.

This is capped at 50,000 points per year.

You can opt to automatically transfer your Awards points to Qantas Frequent Flyer points. The conversion rate is 2.5 Awards points for 1 QFF point. Additional fees may apply.

Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate20.24% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee3%
Late Payment Fee$20
Annual Fee$59 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$3
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.24% p.a.
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 5 months
Balance Transfer Rate 5.99% p.a.
Release dateJune 2007

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process

Anita
AnitaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great until you make a mistake - then unable to help :(

I accidentally ordered too many of an item with my awards points. This was on the weekend - outside of business hours, so I couldn’t call to rectify this. Called the next business day - I was very politely informed that it was too late; sorry, already processed and nothing they could do. Very disappointing. I made a mistake, but there was no avenue to rectify it. A very unforgiving system.

Main Point of ContactPhone
Card / Account Used For
  • Everyday Expenses
Channa
ChannaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent customer service

I ordered garden equipment using my award points. All items arrived except the leaf blower. When I inquired, to my surprise, i was told the item was delivered 10 days back to my address. As I did not get it, I asked for the acknowledgement for the delivery. I was then told due to the current epidemic deliveries are not acknowledged and I almost lost hope of getting it. However, the awards team within two days arranged the delivery and I received it yesterday. I am extremely pleased with the way they handled my case.

Andrew S.
Andrew S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Inability to communicate or deliver. 'Escalation process' is a joke

Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Awards compares to other Balance Transfer Credit Cards

Low minimum credit limit

Good entry level card. The low minimum credit limit of $500 makes it accessible for those times when you need an actual credit not debit card for hotel stays etc. Not really any other benefits of this particular card to mention.

Sal
SalSydney, NSW

Great. Love the rewards program

Great card. Always pay by the die date, therefore no interest charges plus the benefit of rewards. Benefit of supplementary card for an additional $10 and only $59 annual fee

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

Nathan S.12 Nov 2019
how-to-get-in-front-of-credit-card-debt-with-a-credit-card-balance-transfer

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020
Jonah G.
Jonah G.Sydney, NSW

Does the job

The great thing about the CommBank awards card is the convenience in online mobile banking. The awards themselves arnt that interesting for the amount you have to spent to redeem them.

MelissaF
MelissaFRyde

nothing special!

I find The awards program really isnt very exciting as you need to spend a fortune to get anything, I spent ALOT of money and for barely anything in return!!! The redemption process is simple once you finally work up enough points, but again, not worth the time! Not worth it, I feel theres a lot of better deals on the market!

Dabas
DabasSydney, NSW

Decent Card

I have been using the CBA card since 2013. It's quick in transferring money to this credit card and the customer service is impeccable. Its a decent card to have .

Moh A.
Moh A.Sydney, NSW

Commonwealth credit card

You would pay Standard fees.
Easy to transfer balance to credit card
Rewards given by commonwealth credit card are minimum
Not very satisfied with rewards and points scheme.
Try getting offers from other banks

Ivanna
IvannaPerth, WA

Fantastic Awards

Been with Commbank my whole life and would never change.
Based on my experience using Commonwealth Awards creditcard makes it easier. The cons would be the international fee charge which is quite high!
I find it relatively easy to transfer my balance to the creditcard. The app is super!
Satisfied with the costumer service (answered all my queries), conveniency with Commonwealth bank (branches nearby), getting rewarded for using it and claiming the awards made easy.
It is easy to accumulate points and simple to redeem them.

Ken
Ken

Functional and straightforward

I have been using the CBA card since 2013. It's quick in transferring money to this credit card and the customer service is impeccable. but I'm not too happy with the annual fee.

ARAVIND R.
ARAVIND R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good Card

I have been using the CBA card for the 4 years. The customer services is good but I don’t like annual fee. Also CBA used to give for Amex 2 points for $1 spent but they get rid of it.

Ajay S.
Ajay S.Sydney, NSW

Reliable and instantaneous response when used

Works well in multiple scenarios such as for eftpos machines or vending machines using PayPass application of payment in addition to the standard swipe or insert and pin method of use.

Anne
Anne

Easy to use

I have been using this card for years and find it simple to use. The bank app makes it very convenient and it is easy to transfer money to the card and do your banking. I like the points, good way to treat yourself.

Eraj
ErajMelbourne

Great card from a great bank!

I've been banking with CBA for all of my financial life and my awards card has helped me reward myself with a range of different items! App is user friendly :)

Read more reviews - page 2