Commonwealth Bank Low Fee

Commonwealth Bank Low Fee

See the Best Low Rate Credit Cards in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Commonwealth Bank? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• $150 cashback if you apply by 30 June 2021 and spend $1,000 on purchases by 30 September 2021

• $0 Annual Fee in the first year and waived in subsequent years when you spend $1,000 or more on purchases or cash advances in the previous year

• Minimum credit limit of $500

Cons

• 3% International Transaction Fee

• No attached rewards program

CategoryLow Rate Credit Cards and Balance Transfer Credit Cards
Card TypeMastercard
BenefitsCashback Offer, Introductory Interest Rate and Reduced First Year Annual Fee
Minimum Credit Limit $500
Maximum Credit Limit $50,000
Minimum Income $15,000
Additional Cardholders 1
Additional Cardholder Fee $0 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2%
Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate19.74% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee2%
Late Payment Fee$20
Annual Fee$29 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$4
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.24% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Introductory Rate 0% p.a. for the first 15 months
Introductory Offers

Reduced First Year Annual Fee $0
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 5 months
Balance Transfer Rate 5.99% p.a.
Balance Transfer Fee 0%
Release dateJune 2007

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process
Krunal
KrunalGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very good with low fees.

Very easy to use the card and also card less transactions with Comm bank. Easy to make payments and transfer money. I will recommend this card to my friends and family.
however it would be best if the card included some extra features like travel insurance (while travelling overseas) etc.

Steph
StephGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent card for the budget conscious

Erica
EricaO'Connor 2602, ACT

Credit card for first time user

I got this card after a promotion event. There is no annual fee for the first year and can be waived if you spend 1000 per year. However, the credit is pretty low so I still need to use my debit card.

Kat
KatMelbourne

Good No Frills Card

With No annual fee on a low yearly spend this is a good no frills card if you are not interested in earning points or having any other added options.

Keli
KeliAU

Pretty good

I got this card for a promotion of cashback after $500 spend, with no annual fee. It worked well for the time I used it, and I received the cashback quickly.

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

Nathan S.12 Nov 2019
how-to-get-in-front-of-credit-card-debt-with-a-credit-card-balance-transfer

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Great Credit Card for Everyday Use

I use this credit card for everyday grocery shopping, travel tickets. If you spend $1000 per year, the $29 annual fee is waived off. I really like this Mastercard credit card. It has high international transaction fees so not really good for international shopping.

Monica
MonicaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good for salary packaging purposes, but keep in mind no rewards

Essentially a no-fee credit card for me as it's easy to spend $1000 per year and have the fee waived, but it doesn't come with any rewards schemes. Useful for salary packaging living expenses on credit card repayments. I don't use this card overseas because it'd incur 3% international transaction fees. I did not transfer my balance to this card.

Sam
SamSouth East Queensland, QLD

works great to purchase items locally on credit but has international transaction fees

It works great to purchase everyday items in Australia but it has international transaction fees so be careful when purchasing items from overseas online sites. It also waives annual fees when making a certain minimum amount of purchases in a year.

Sare
SareMelbourne

Good value

Like other reviews, there are not fees if you spend over $1000 and like the name suggests it is low fee credit card. The app to navigate this card to check balance and usage is simple. Have not used it overseas, however I use it for slightly bigger purchases rather than my debit card as you get 55 days interest free period. Downside is you can't earn rewards for spending, however works out if you don't have to pay an annual fee.

sugardumpling_90
sugardumpling_90Sydney, NSW

I had this for a year and it was great

I've always banked at Commonwealth and I often get emails about their low free credit card. I signed up when they had $300 cash back offer. Since I am banking with CBA, it is very easy to pay the credit card. I can transfer the money and it's deposited right away into my credit card. Customer service care is excellent, I love their online chat.

Hana
HanaSydney, NSW

Good first credit card low fee.

Got this card when got my first proper job. Because of trend, everyone need a credit card etc. I recommend this for anyone that want to own a credit card when they don’t really need it. Low fees. However, interest bit high imo. Pay off every month, you good to go.

kob2040
kob2040Sydney, NSW

Fine, not great.

Pros:
• Lets you lock down international transactions, set limits.
• No annual fee if you spend more than $1000.
• Haven't had a problem with fraudulent transactions.
Cons:
• No rewards programme.
• High interest rates.

Bhatt
BhattGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Low rate but competitive rewards

With a $59 annual fee, i am happy with this card. I normally pay outstanding amount on time. There were occasions when i could not pay on time, but bank was very good and did not charge me anything, late payment fees etc.

If you're eligible, you may get Qantas FF points linked to this card so you can benefit after spending bank's money (for 55days) and be rewarded with FF points.

SABS
SABSGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

love it, so handy

It is a very handy card, with no annual fee (spending $1000 a year is just too easy), I use it for every day purchases. It's very useful to monitor my spending, and I can accumulate some interest in my savings account before I pay off the bill. When I got a charge I did not recognise I got my money back easily, within a couple of days after I made the complaint.

Rob Hinkley
Rob HinkleyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best value card I’ve found!

It doesn’t have any rewards program, but does have 55 days interest free on purchases and the $39 annual fee is waived if you spend more than $1000 each year.

Read more reviews - page 2