Commonwealth Bank Low Fee

Commonwealth Bank Low Fee

They are alright, But if you overdraw and cant pay back straight away you get harassed with an automated robot.

Overdrew my card by accident when i was struggling over Christmas since then i can receive upto 3 calls a day from a private number which is commonwealth banks automated robot calling me Sometimes it can be more.
When i first applied it was because I was told it was the only way to actually get a credit rating. I just wanted $1500 i wasn't even going to use it. Then all of a sudden they had applied for another credit card for me and cancelled my other application. I was like okay because i went in and talked to someone. Anyways it was approved and they had given me a $5000 credit card. Being a 19 year old mum with 2 kids i thought that was ridiculous.

Rates and Fees
Online Experience
Application Process
Card Start DateNovember 2015
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

Good card but be careful of fees and online fraud

This is a no fee card providing you spend a $1000 annually with it and pay due amounts within 55 days. If you do not spend more than a $1000 annually then this card incurs a $29 annual service fee. This card also incurs a 3% charge for payments made in international currencies. I use this card mainly for purchasing items online from reputable established company's. Be warned this card only provides protection against, like most credit cards, unauthorised fraudulent charges. If you buy something online and get duped then there are no protections given by purchasing with this credit card. You have to file a complaint with your bank, costs a lodgement fee, and then your bank will contact the defaulting parties bank and request a funds reversal which then has to be approved by the account holder who defrauded you in the first place, like to guess the chances of this being successful?
The current interest rate for outstanding amounts not paid within 55 days is 19.74%. If you don't pay the minimum monthly amount by the due date there is a late payment fee of $20 plus interest incurred. At this rate charges can accumulate quickly so good advice would be to pay out the card monthly before the due date.
The service from the Commonwealth Bank is very good and the banks website for managing this card online is good but could be improved. In summary this is a good credit card if you need one for online purchases or as a backup for emergencies, providing you make repayments regularly and within the 55 days interest free limit.

Rates and Fees
Online Experience
Application Process
Main Point of ContactPhone
Card / Account Used ForOnline Shopping

Works for me.

Easy to use. Love the online and feel secure and love there fraud squad. I am a Google play user and purchase a lot of things with this card on Google Play. I was buying a family member some Apple credit online via iTunes. Within 60 seconds of the transaction clearing I received a phone call from a Commonwealth bank fraud squad member enquiring if I did the purchase. I advised yes. And enquired what prompted the call. She advised systems flagged it as I purchase from Google and never have from Apple. I was impressed

Check your statement carefully!

Overall I'm happy with this card, I pay the balance in full each month so don't care about the interest rate, only care that it has no annual fee if you spend at least $1000 a year on it, which I do anyway.

So I was not happy to see on my latest statement an annual fee of $29.00, especially as the same thing happened a year ago. Rang them and told them my problem, the guy who answered checked and said I'd only spent (about) $160. Told him I had my latest statement in front of me where the balance due for the month was over $1400. He put me on hold for a while... when he came back he was very apologetic and said I would be credited the $29 and said something about "system error"..... as it's happened two years in a row I can't help wondering if they do it on purpose, hoping it won't be noticed??!!

I guess I shouldn't complain as effectively I have a free credit card - just so long as I don't mind spending an age on hold when I ring up each year about the incorrectly charged annual fee!

Good

Overall this product is a great everyday credit card, wish it had a rewards program though, seems to be the only thing lacking with this card
* Accepted Everywhere
* Contact-less payment support (paypass)
* very sleek transparent design
* low annual fee (waived if you spend over $1,000 a year) basically no annual fee for most who use it
* No hidden costs
* No rewards program

OK

The low fee credit card is a great option for those looking to get a credit card without having to pay for all the bells and whistles. As many people do not want things like a rewards program or travel insurance, it is great that a low fee option is available. It is easy to increase or decrease your credit limit to suit your needs and if you are a Commonwealth Bank account holder, you can pay your bill through Netbank. The interest rates are high as with all credit cards, but if you pay off your bill each month, this should not be a problem. It's a good credit card for those who are just looking for the basics and a low price.
Accepted in many places, Low annual fee
Overdraft fees are quite expensive so be careful that you don't go over your limit

Terrible

Not impressed and I showed them the dust from my shoes. Boy did I get their attention then. They tried to cut the interest rate and everything to make me stay, but I won't go back, they're too expensive and there's a lot better out there if you take the time to look.
The pretty blue card.
When I got this card there was no cheap incentives, but that was quite a while ago.
I hit the ceiling when I got a statement one month and realized I had to pay an annual fee of $24. I don't believe I should have to pay that when I was paying something like 16% interest. In fact, all my dealings with the Commonwealth Bank have been slow, protracted and they use dinosaur technology. Compared to other banks (and I worked in a few for 20 years) I don't know how they stay in business.

OK

This is a great basic credit card, minimal whistles and bells, but reasonably low fees. I guess, what else can you say about it? Just a card like all the others, the only thing that swayed me was the fee structure on it - if you need a credit card, I guess just weigh up the fees and how much you are willing to pay!
Low fees

I was very impressed with the reliability and interest rates and they offer you small and large limits so it suits everybody. I think it is a really good card.
The annual fee is amazing I can't believe how cheap it is and it is a great first credit card because it comes with no hidden catches what you see is what you get. You can also have an additional card holder for no extra charge so if you both use it then you can save on the annual fee for one of you.
It does cost extra to get the second card user a card and it makes it a little to easy to spend money.

Good

For me, this card is great. I always pay the amount owing before the due date and do not incur a fee. This card suits my needs well.
most things