Commonwealth Bank Low Rate

See the Best Low Rate & Zero Interest Credit Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

CategoryLow Rate & Zero Interest Credit Cards and Balance Transfer Credit Cards
24-Hour Phone Contact No
Online Live Chat No
Card TypeMastercard
Minimum Credit Limit $500
Additional Cardholder Fee $0 p.a.
Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate13.24% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee3%
Late Payment Fee$20
Annual Fee$59 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$3
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.24% p.a.
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 5 months
Balance Transfer Rate 5.99% p.a.
Release dateJun 2007

Easy to use

I first got this card when I had just turned 18.
It has always been easy to use and easy to access transactions and other relevant info through the app.
The statements are clear and provide all of the information needed.
The new program CBA have allows you to set part of your balance at a lower interest rate for a set amount of time, which is great as it saves money on interest.
The interest rate is very fair and the card has certainly been there for me when I have needed it most.
Thanks CBA.

Card Start DateJanuary 2013
Main Point of ContactPhone

Pretty good

Easy application and good online app and internet banking using NetBank. Back then got this card when they're offering $300 cashback after $1000 purchase, which is a pretty good deal. One of the lowest rate in the market.

Rewards

Excellent for everyday use

- Good application for user friendly
- Really good support for the customer service
- Easy application process and very transparent
- Quick response to the application and quick delivery of the credit card

Rewards
Card Start DateMay 2019
Main Point of ContactOnline
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

Smart card with a low-interest rate on purchases

This is a smart low rate MasterCard with a low purchase rate, one of the lowest on the market. I am a CBA customer and decided to apply for a credit card, this card attractive my attention, I filled the application via NetBank online, the application process was simple and easy because I am already a CBA customer.

Main Point of ContactOnline

Reliable all-rounder

I rely on my CBA Low Rate card for everyday purchases and to keep cash flow balanced. The main attractive feature is the low-interest rate on purchases, one of the lowest on the market and this feature is the most attractive to me.

Card Start DateJuly 2018

Good card no problems

I use my card for everything I can ,rates are low compared to other cards. No hidden fees. I have not used it overseas. I have found the customer service easy to deal with. No complaints.

Card Start DateFebruary 2018
Main Point of ContactPhone

Easy to meet requirements

Previously had an Awards Credit Card which I found not practical. Rewards not worth having. Requested change to Low fee Card, no problem. To meet requirement for Low Fee or no fee only have to spend $1000 in previous year. Easily done.Should have changed when this type of card first became available.

Good service, polite call staff

I have been using this card for some time and unlike my other credit card (St george) I am impressed with the service and the staff who have been helpful and polite. I only use this card for travel and the occasional theatre ticket and it works for me. I have to say, respectful service from banks and financial institutions is important and this one fills the bill. I am sure I could get better interest rate but i have a fairly low expenditure so its not a big deal. When my bank messed up my direct debit payment the person who called was very helpful and polite and made sure I did not incur any additional expenses.
I would recommend this card...but I am not a financial guru so that recommendation is purely on service and respect.
Service is polite, respectful and helpful
I could get a lower interest rate

I have been using this card for 3 years now and I havent had any complaints. You can use everywhere too. In fact when I went overseas I used my card to do my shopping and I didnt have any problems. I also used it for those emergency cash advances. The fees are low and wouldnt really harm your pockets. It is also great to use to do your online shopping.I have used it many times to buy things and services online shopping. Actually I have used it for my everyday transaction paying bills grocery shopping etc. A must have credit card for everyday use.
low rate and accepted anywhere
hope they can improve the card itself make it more attractive and be available in different colours.