Commonwealth Bank Low Rate

Commonwealth Bank Low Rate

See the Best Low Rate Credit Cards in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Commonwealth Bank? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Low purchase interest rate of 13.24%

• Accessible minimum credit limit of $500

• $59 Annual Fee

Cons

• 3% International Transaction Fee

• No attached rewards program

• 5.99% p.a. on Balance Transfers for 5 months, reverting to the high Cash Advance Rate of 21.24% thereafter

CategoryLow Rate Credit Cards and Balance Transfer Credit Cards
Card TypeMastercard
BenefitsCashback Offer
Minimum Credit Limit $500
Additional Cardholder Fee $0 p.a.
Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate13.24% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee3%
Late Payment Fee$20
Annual Fee$59 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$3
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.24% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Introductory Offers

Get $200 cashback if you spend $1,000 on eligible purchases by 31 January 2021.

Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 5 months
Balance Transfer Rate 5.99% p.a.
Release dateJune 2007

• Application Process
Tony A
Tony A

Not bad

If you have a commonwealth bank wealth package you can get this card without the normal annual free. Credit card has all the bells and whistles expected and a middle range interest rate at the time of submission. Statements are easy to read and repayment amounts are clear.

Lachlan
LachlanBrisbane

Good Card. Not Great Rewards but Low fees

The card is quite a good one in terms of fees. With these being quite low, it would suit someone who doesn't pay off their credit card each month. One drawback however is no rewards for using the card, and as such this wasn't useful for me. The card was easy to use and the sign up was very simple as I was already a Commonwealth Bank member. Overall, good card but not useful for my circumstances due to rewards. Low annual fees is also a positive

Khang_Hua
Khang_Hua

Could be improved.

it is a good credit card and it is not too difficult to increase the limit. But the problem is there is not much a reminder for repayments etc. If they could fix this, it would be excellent.

Low Rate Credit Cards

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Low Rate compares to other Low Rate Credit Cards

Pat H
Pat HCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Easy to use

I first got this card when I had just turned 18.
It has always been easy to use and easy to access transactions and other relevant info through the app.
The statements are clear and provide all of the information needed.
The new program CBA have allows you to set part of your balance at a lower interest rate for a set amount of time, which is great as it saves money on interest.
The interest rate is very fair and the card has certainly been there for me when I have needed it most.
Thanks CBA.

Yuly
Yuly

Pretty good

Easy application and good online app and internet banking using NetBank. Back then got this card when they're offering $300 cashback after $1000 purchase, which is a pretty good deal. One of the lowest rate in the market.

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

Nathan S.12 Nov 2019
how-to-get-in-front-of-credit-card-debt-with-a-credit-card-balance-transfer

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020
Bhavit Kansagara
Bhavit KansagaraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent for everyday use

- Good application for user friendly
- Really good support for the customer service
- Easy application process and very transparent
- Quick response to the application and quick delivery of the credit card

Ronniw
RonniwSydney, NSW

Smart card with a low-interest rate on purchases

This is a smart low rate MasterCard with a low purchase rate, one of the lowest on the market. I am a CBA customer and decided to apply for a credit card, this card attractive my attention, I filled the application via NetBank online, the application process was simple and easy because I am already a CBA customer.

Application Process
Sue
SueSydney, NSW

Reliable all-rounder

I rely on my CBA Low Rate card for everyday purchases and to keep cash flow balanced. The main attractive feature is the low-interest rate on purchases, one of the lowest on the market and this feature is the most attractive to me.

Tanza
TanzaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good card no problems

I use my card for everything I can ,rates are low compared to other cards. No hidden fees. I have not used it overseas. I have found the customer service easy to deal with. No complaints.

Low Rate Credit Cards

Find out how Commonwealth Bank Low Rate compares to other Low Rate Credit Cards

Tezza
TezzaPerth WA

Easy to meet requirements

Previously had an Awards Credit Card which I found not practical. Rewards not worth having. Requested change to Low fee Card, no problem. To meet requirement for Low Fee or no fee only have to spend $1000 in previous year. Easily done.Should have changed when this type of card first became available.

Robyne43
Robyne43SYDNEY

Good service, polite call staff

ELLABELLA06
ELLABELLA06South East Queensland, QLD

I have been using this card for 3 years now and I havent had any complaints. You can use everywhere too. In fact when I went overseas I used my card to do my shopping and I didnt have any problems. I also used it for those emergency cash advances. The fees are low and wouldnt really harm your pockets. It is also great to use to do your online shopping.I have used it many times to buy things and services online shopping. Actually I have used it for my everyday transaction paying bills grocery shopping etc. A must have credit card for everyday use.
low rate and accepted anywhere
hope they can improve the card itself make it more attractive and be available in different colours.