Continental ContiCrossContact AT

Continental ContiCrossContact AT

See the Best 4WD Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Continental Tyres? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.3
  • Off-Roading Frequency
  • Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
Reirei
ReireiSydney, NSW

Safe, long lasting and low road noise

I had these tyres for just over five years and I am a frequent traveller from Sydney to Newcastle, so high km’s. The tyres are great quality, low road noise and great in the wet weather. I bought them again a few months back.

Purchased in December 2015 for $1,200.00.

seriola73
seriola73AU

best value tyres

these were my original tyres fitted to my defender they were out of date (7 years ) before the wore out to require replacement
all the way to the end they were never far from balanced and the grip was outstanding in all conditions
had zero punctures and the wear was so even that they were standing upright after 145000 kms

Purchased in April 2013.

Moustafa
MoustafaSydney, NSW

Reliable

Can't give it enough value, I have been using alot of tyres and the continental have proven their high quality and money value. Compared to most of the brands out there its the best deal.

Chris
Chris

Amazing tyres

These tyres came with our Land Rover Defender 90 and have done 122,000km on them with no problems. Includes the occasional off road trip as well as alot of towing. Have been now trying to buy the same again however everywhere says Continental have stopped bringing them into Australia now. A great pity as they are extremely durable.

CarLand Rover Defender 90

Great tyre

Have had now for 80k on a Prado 150, they have been an outstanding tyre, lasted a trip towing 1.5t camper over the Gibb River rd and most side tracks, up to Mitchell plateau with no issues or punctures. they handle the heat of running low pressures at speed for long periods without failing. they are great on wet roads and not much more noise than OEM.

Car2010 Prado

Good road handling and quiet

Good on black top in dry still dont know about wet as it dont rain much in western australia,it showered
Couple times when i first put them on last july and in first 2000 klms they okay,20,000 on them with little wear
On track for 80,000 on my colorado ltz

CarColorado

Great value for money

I run them at 38 psi on the road and 20psi on the beach in the Triton. Sure can be a bit slippery in the rain at 38 but slip into 4wd no trouble . Payed $235 per tyre no wonder there on all the new Disco,s.Great all rounder. No noise, wouldn't get any other tyre now

CarTriton 2010
k2surf
k2surfCentral West, NSW

Great tyre for the price 245/70r16

These are really good tyres with good grip in both wet and dry. They are also good in mud and I was surprised to see how well the self cleaning works. Noise is mild for an all terrain tyre. Off road they are great, the walls are strong and can handle rocks and mild 4WD. I have done 25,000 km in them and they still look new. Overall a very good tyre for the money. I bought these on that 3+1 deal at Bob Jane owhen each tyre was $209.

CarLand Rover Discovery 2 TD5 (2.7 tonne)

Other 4WD Tyres

Really want to buy the conticrosscontacts AT

Have read all I can find on the continental cross contacts.Used them for a week in the out back and love them.We did have one flat with a rock tearing a hole in the side .We do one big trip a year with a off road caravan and are hard on them for one month a year.Before you experts yell what about the other four famous big names I hear you .All I want to hear is will they survive the Birdsville track at 80 Towing ...

CarToyota 79 series

Shopaholic15
Shopaholic15NSW, 2099

Very Happy on My Pajero 35Ks so far

Bought a set of Conti Cross Contact LX back in 2011.
Done around 35000 ks being 90 % Sydney metro and on the beach at stockton quite a few times.
Very happy, good in the wet, i always put 42 Psi in seems to be the best for my needs.
Will have no problem buying these again..

CarMitsubishi 2004 Pajero Mitsubishi 2004 NP GLX 3.8
Peterg21
Peterg21Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Very Disappointed

I bought these tyres due to there reputation of being good wearing, good road dynamics and rolling resistance. I purchased these tyres for about $280.00 fitted and balanced. When compared to the big known brands of tyres in the 4wd community, they seemed to be good value...how wrong I was.
They have lasted just over 27,000km on about 80% sealed road and 20% gravel, they are now useless for registration and have to be replaced.

CarMitsubishi Pajero

damodoode
damodoodePerth, WA

Confidence Off Road

CarVW Amarok

CenCoDave
CenCoDave

Not as good in the wet as original fitment Kumho's

Bought these to replace original Kumho's on my Jeep after 43000 kms. The Conti's were noticeably smoother and a tad quieter but no where near as good as the Kumho's in the wet, and I can break traction in the dry on a quick get away with the Conti's, something that never happened with the Kumho's. I think the Conti's will deliver a little better mileage, I might try Michellins next time.

Car2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

so far happy with grip in dry and no noise it dont rain much in perth so yet to test in wet

Very quiet and good grip and corner well on local roads and highway and not to bad off road on gravel tracks not to much retention off material in tread

March 6th 2015 Update:
Update to january review good in wet,good braking and cornering wet or dry,not recomended for serious offroad or bush bashing side walls only 2 ply but will handle gravel and sand okay

Will buy again, Continental crosscontact AT