Toyo Open Country A/T II

Toyo Open Country A/T II

See the Best 4WD Tyres in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Toyo Tires

4.5
  • Off-Roading Frequency
  • Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling

Bryan
BryanSouth East Queensland, QLD

The best wearing tyre I've experienced.

I needed a set of tyres on my Nissan Patrol prior to leaving for a road trip around Aus towing an off road van. The Toyo Open Country was recommended. I subsequently had them fitted. First set did 90,000.00 Klm. second set is on now and has already passed the 90,000.00 Klm milestone. Couldn't be happier.

Nelz
NelzRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Getting 4 more fitted tomorrow

Purchased in for $300.

Rob M.
Rob M.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Constant vibration

Had these fitted 5 months ago, still chasing a vibration/ balance issue. Have been rebalanced 6 times already, going back to the tyre shop for another go in a few days. Been all over the vehicle suspension for issues, fitted all new shocks, checked wheel bearing preload and steering rack preload. Thought maybe a problem with the new wheels (17x9 Hussla Beretta), so just had a new set of 17x8 ROH Trophy wheels fitted. Still has front and rear vibration above 90 km/h, and the handling feels vague. No vibration or balance issues with the stock wheels and 65k km old Hankook AT-m tyres. I just can't recommend them.

Purchased in for $275.

Eva
Eva

Longevity 10/10

Drive a D-Max put a set of Toyo A/T on January 2018 still on same vehicle we have approx 120.000 TOYO klms these tyres are rotated at every 10.000k service we tow a van. For us these tyres have represented the best value Dollar$ & klm wise. We primarily do bitumen running with a bit of exploring down the country tracks or national parks.

Find out how Toyo Open Country A/T II compares to other 4WD Tyres

Not generally a tyre fan, but....

I bought a set of Toyos 18 months ago and have done 60,000km+. I live rurally, but do long bitumen kms and some offroad, including snow. Despite the comforting "roar" of the rubber hitting the road, which means there's some serious grip happening, the value for money, longevity and performance of the tyre is excellent, especially in snow. I have tried other tyres and the Toyos struggle less on the rear of a BT50 in ice and rain, to keep a grip. I will definitely replace them with another set.

Purchased in for $260.

danielsonNorth-East, TAS

Best tyre i've ever had !

My current set of ATIIs have so far lasted 65k of about 45% dirt (live and work in mostly rural and remote areas). They are close to needing replacing which given the rough treatment they have received is very good compared to the previous Cooper Sts set I had which performed very poorly. The Toyos have not excessively chipped or worn unevenly. Grip on low and high speed dirt roads has been great and on wet tarmac they perform very predictably with no scares to date, no punctures either, these tyres are tough. My next set of tyres will most definitely be the Toyos again.

Purchased in for $255.

Wayno
WaynoDarling Downs, QLD

Great Tyre so far

Just purchased these tyres today21/1/21. On a Trailblazer 265/60R18. Original factory tyres had 90000kms. It's early days so far but they handle really well and very quiet. Will update review when a decent amount of ks are done. Hoping to get decent mileage from these.

Purchased in at Bob Jane T-Marts for $269.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Quinton
Quinton

Excellent quality

Excellent tyre, good grip and great kilometers. I sold my previous 4WD with the tyres on 80,000km and they easily had another 20,000km in them.

When it came to replacing the tyres on my current 4WD I didn’t hesitate and will continue to stick with the Toyo’s. I do a combination of sand driving, off roading and road driving and can’t be happier. Provides good side wall strength.

Purchased in at Tyrepower.

Michael_Duggan
Michael_DugganPerth, WA

WOULDN'T USE ANYTHING ELSE

As an avid off-roader, I have tried many A/T tyres over nearly thirty years.
Coopers, Yokohama, BF Goodrich, Federal... none compare to the Toyo Open Country A/T II for quietness, off-road ability, on-road traction, sidewall strength or longevity. I've had my current set on for 60K klms and only two are at a point where I am considering changing them, but had I rotated them more frequently they'd probably have a fair life left in them.
I have run these for extended periods at 18psi-15psi and have experienced no sidewall damage and have never had a puncture.
There are more expensive options out there, as there are cheaper options, but none offer such value for money.

RustyStainless
RustyStainlessSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great working tyre, but noisy

What a great looking tyre, and a good performer off road. Having usually had HT tyres on my Pajero, I got a bit of a shock to hear these howling on the bitumen. These reviews here are not really accurate in regard to the noise levels. Luckily I have two sets of rims and change tyres quickly when I want to. For everyday driving I have a set of HTs.

Paul
Paul

good hard wearing tyre. Running through sharp quartz and stone evan mud. Best tyre for the limit price

There great on all weather conditions but I don't know about snow as I haven't been in them conditions ive driven off road and 4x4 to these tyres do give me confidence to drive in places I would normally not go.

JustUs
JustUs

Dependable off and on road

Have used these tyres to cross the Madigan Line, Great Central Road, Oodnadatta Track, Birdsville Track, and all over the Vic High Country. Never had a flat tyre. Crossed the Simpson desert at 18psi and no signs of side wall issues. They are very tough and yet very good traction in the wet on the tar. I've used them all the way down to 15psi in the Vic Alps for really good traction.

Purchased in at Kmart.

Ranger Rob
Ranger RobNorth Queensland, QLD

Bought my First set second hand but WOW

Coming from a BFG family the chance arose to buy a set of second hand Toyo AT2's fitted on 16 inch Triton rims which had around 10 thou kms already on them for 400 bucks that still looked brand new. At that price I thought bugger it will give them a go and got them swapped onto my PJ Ranger rims. I have travelled all over Queensland 70% Tarmac 20% Dirt and 10% uncharted track use. SO far no punctures I run them at 36 psi on Highways. I drop them back to 30 psi for long dirt roads. And back down to 20 psi for serious dont go there fun. I have done around 35000kms after fitment and they are still over 70% tread. Will be replacing them with a Brand new set of AT's when they finally wear out.

Noise Level
Denno
DennoSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Outstanding on and off road tyre

Gary
GaryCentral, SA

Best tyres ever had

I have had many tyres of varied cars over the past 40 years. I had company cars for most of that time and if I got 80k out of a set I was more than happy. When I retired I purchased a new PX2 Ranger. The tyres supplied when new I only got 46k from I was speaking to someone that travelled to the APY lands regularly he raved about Toyo Open Country. I thought I would give them a go. Well I have done 101k and only thinking of changing them for another set of Toyo Open Country. Have towed a 23 ft caravan for much of that Thought if I got 80 k I would be happy. I am ecstatic