Pirelli Scorpion ATR

• Dry Weather Handling

Jason

Jason

Poor wear and extremely noisy between 60-80km/h

Extremely disappointed and will never buy again, lucky to see out 45000ks, barely any off-road use. Quiet at first, wear down fast, then very noisy. Hard to believe other reviews.

Purchased in March 2019.

Marty

MartyCentral Queensland, QLD

Best tyres yet

Had these tyres on our SR5 Hilux for close to 3 years, with lots of hiway work (with and without camper trailer) and some off road work. Rotated regularly they have lasted more than 50,000km and are only now starting to chip out (not surprising as they're reaching the end of their tyre life).
Have done a trip to Fraser Island where they were aired down to 16psi without issue for the whole trip plenty of traction in the sand if you use your head and not just "floor it". Wet grip has been great on the hiway in the Hilux, a bit skiddish around town but most utes are.
Did a recent trip to Cape Palmeston and the tyres performed well except in the loose rocks (which is to be expected for an AT tyre)

Purchased at JAX Tyres.

Anil joseph

Anil josephSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst 4x4 Tyre I bought for my Prado

Good wet handling or city drive but at highway tyre tred chips out, For sand drive very poor traction. 18-16 psi won’t work in sand, still slipping and stuck.
Not recommending for 4 wheel drives

• +4Thumbnail

Purchased in January 2018 at JAX Tyres for $215.00.

Peter

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quiet but a little soft and low wear

These tyres are quiet on highway good in sand but wear was disappointing. I assume soft compound hence wear was poor. 40000ks and barely legal even after wheel alignment and balance

Purchased in September 2018.

Robert

RobertSouth East Queensland, QLD

Value for money

Bought these 275/55/20 tyres from Redback Tyres in Clontarf Qld for $260 ea fitted. Got a full set for my Amarok Ultimate. Had Bridgestone tyres on the car and decided to replace for island/beach driving. On bitumen they are sooo quiet. I have driven on wet and dry roads so far without issue. Sand still to be done but a trip to Moreton is only weeks away.
So far the Tyre is a superb choice. I recommend these.

Purchased in July 2020 for $1,040.00.

Scott R.

Scott R.South East Queensland, QLD

I have done nearly 120000 on mine and cant fault them. Done the Cape/ OTT, been to NT. Good on beach also

Great highway, all weather ok great durability used in most conditions , sand corrugations highway. Fuel economy went up but larger tyre than original, I can highly recommend these tyres for all the conditions I used them

Purchased in November 2016 at Bob Jane T-Marts for $350.00.

PeterBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very happy with these

I have these on my Suzuki Grand Vitara,which has just done 10000 kms in a months drive across Australia and back,2500 kms being on the gravel,some of it being very rough.These tyres were no trouble.They are very tough and I cannot distinguish their performance on sealed roads from the good HT tyres I had before.Take it a bit slow on the rough ,and air down,and I would be surprised if they would ever let you down.

Greg Kerans

Greg KeransCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Terrible service and a even worse tyre!!?

Purchased in May 2019.

ShouldHaveUsedUber

ShouldHaveUsedUberSydney, NSW

Ok does what it says

Ok does what it says. How many words do I need to write before I hit the minimum. Still need another 10 words, oh what do I say. I'm not sure

Purchased in February 2019.

Younus

YounusSydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent Tyres

I have found them excellent tyres. I believe that the results would be heaps better if you put all four of them (same brand). They last long if you drive sensible. Good value for money

Purchased in October 2018 at australia best tyres for $360.00.

Geoff

GeoffSouthern and Hills, SA

Amazingly good tyres - wouldn't have anything else on my Landcruiser

Purchased in June 2017 at North Terrace Tyres, Adelaide for $880.00.

Vic

Vicadelaide

Good Highway Bias Tyres

Fitted a set 3 years ago. After 50k replaced front tyres - rear are still good at 60k. Very good on the bitumen - have done trips to WA , Vict and NSW. Quiet and good handling tyre. Off road are ok but if you are doing more than 20% off road you should look at something more tougher - had puncture to tyre with 50k wear from sharp rock which maybe is understandable.

CarMitsubishi Pajero 2005
Philip Johnson

Philip JohnsonDarwin

Not value for money

A245/70 R 16 Skorpions fitted as new to my VW Amarok. We are just shy of 48K with these & will maybe make 50K if lucky. They handle well on the black stuff but 98% of our driving has been in Darwin town with some highway use. Handling on the small amount of dirt has been acceptable. I will purchased one more to mate with the as new spare & will replace the others with something more durable. There are many more tyres out there, some at a lower price point, that perform better.

Car2015 VW Amarok

These tyres have changed

I have had two sets of ATRs before this set.The tyres have performed Ok however after 15k the tread has started to flake off. Looks like a rat has chewed them. Admittedly I have towed a caravan and done some dirt road work. I Purchased May 2018 My set are made in CHINA. I will not purchase another set.

CarFord Ranger
Explorer

ExplorerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pirelli a sporty tyre

These tyres are so durable and functionable and very sporty. These increases the mileage along with the stability. Long life tyres but lacks wet grip. The dry grip is awesome and can do corners. Worthy for the price provided. Sometimes bumpy on uneven roads and platforms but good on smooth road

Car2006 Honda accord

Butch

ButchSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Tyres I have put on my 4WD

The tyres are the best set I have put on my car, my fuel economy has improved, the ride is a lot smoother and there is a lot less noise than the previous tyres. They are a well priced tyre, great value for money well worth comparing if you are in the market for new tyres.

CarMitsubishi Pajero 2015
Ian

IanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Just a great tyre

I've had two sets so far, and they've done the Cape, including the OTT, the Gibb, with all the associated detours, the Tanami, the Oodnadatta and Birdsville Tracks and the Plenty Highway. No punctures, no chipping, just a perfect all rounder. High speed travelling or atrocious surfaces are all the same to these tyres. They run well at low pressures and perform well on all surfaces. I'd recommend these to anyone.

Car2008 Mazda BT 50.
AuDragon

AuDragonSydney

Immediate Improvement Onroad

Loved the old Bridgestones on my 4WD, but searched extensively online for good priced offroad tyres and eventually scored a great price at Tempe Tyres on a set of Pirelli Scorpion ATR. The Scorpions made an immediate improvement to the grip and onroad comfort of the truck and I've also noticed better handling overall. Limited offroad tracks at this stage, but I'm very pleased with my choice.

Car2006 Mitsubishi Shogun Sport/Challenger 4WD
ajskins

ajskinsAU

excellent tyre

These have been the third set of tyres on our santa fe and by far the best. They have been very quiet and just feel so much better than the Kumho we had on before, but they were more expensive than the kumho too. It is fairly hard to remember back when the kumho's were new but i am sure these are alot better, remember when changing tyres you drive in when your old ones are at their worst and drive out when the new ones should be at there best. But these pirelli tyres certainly feel great. They just seem to be a good tyre

CarHyundai Santa Fe
Mel E.

Mel E.Perth

excellent thread

The tyre thread seems to be thicker than other brand. It looks good in our car. The service provided by the company fitting them were excellent. It was so easy to adjust the tyre air pressure. Reasonable in the rain seems to have good grip on the road. highly recommended

CarHonda