MPNs:3662831, 3663022, 3663035 and 3 more

2.0
Wet Weather Handling
Durability
Dry Weather Handling
Brand Manager for Continental Tyres? Claim your listing.

Mike
MikeDarwin, NT

A bit sceptical

I bought these tyres in Sydney on my Nissan A33 Maxima and drove straight to Darwin , 4,000ks in 4 days, Tyres were a bit noisy and i had to check the pressures EVERY day, wear factor is good , no appreciable wear after 18,000 ks, BUT they lost pressure slowly , I put some Tyre sealant in the tyres and that seems to have stopped the slow deflation, wet driving is ok too, but they are a noisy tyre . Show details
Noise Level
Dorothy
Dorothy8 posts

Tony K
Tony KSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

RUBBISH

Only 5 weeks old and my front wheel got flat REAL QUICK with no cause. They couldn't find how it happened because as it was unsafe to pull over, I had to drive on them for 200 metres and badly affected the walls. The retailer REFUSED to refund and said it wasn't the quality of tyre and blamed having to drive on them flat. I am thankful that I wasn't driving at 110 km/hour down the highway, because it would have ended differently. NOT SAFE! Mine were made in Malaysia. WILL NOT be buying these EVER AGAIN.

Graham
Graham

Wore out 27k

These tyres have worn down after only 27 000km. I've noticed that they are made in China and wonder if that is the reason.

I have exactly the same tyres on another car but they are made in Malaysia and have done 30k so far and have plenty left in them.

Jumper
JumperGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

Not durable did not last long

Worked ok in both wet and dry conditions, and rides quietly.

Biggest disappointment is that they only lasted a pathetic 33,000 kms during the 2 years I had them despite alignments and rotations done.

Learned that it’s due to the softer compound used and tyres of this kind should last between around 40,000 to 50,000 kms.

Not recommended and won’t buy again.

Robert
RobertVictoria, 391330 posts

Good Handling, Ride, and reasonably quiet

24/01/19 These tyres are fitted to my 2009 Falcon G6E. They are predictable and forgiving and seem to handle very well on wet and dry roads, have a softer ride than all other brands I have used on this car, and are relatively quiet. I am nearing the end of their life now and got 50000 k out of them, which is nothing to rave about but although superseded now (by MC6 I think) I managed to find a set of MC5's at Continental Tyres Dandenong 3175 (at $750 for four including alignment and balance this second time around) because I knew what I would be getting rather than listen to the hype and subjective opinions of the tyre salesmen.

shes_79
shes_79Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD10 posts

Not so good in the wet

I have now had these tyres for a month. could not fault them until today's sudden down pour on the highway. aquaplaned badly. quiet tyre, gives a comfortable ride. however high speed in the wet not so good. I ended up having to drop back to 80ks in a 110 zone due to the inability of these tyres to hold the road in the wet. have had other tyres hold perfectly in the same area with more water than was on the road today. quite disappointed.

Stewdog
Stewdog

2 out of 4 tyres had blow outs

Grip is about all I would say is good about these. Tyres are not very durable and I had 2 out of the 4 fail on me one the whole that came off the rim. When I called there service team they even say sorry just tryed to shift blame . Unsafe tyres I won't be buying any tyres from Continental again very disappointing tires from this company and poor customer service.

Toufic
TouficSydney, NSW13 posts

Excellent grip, quiet and helps for a smooth ride

So far so far. Tyres feel a lot softer than my previous Michelins. They provide a more comfortable ride as they have a slightly softer wall then others helping with absorbing bumps and helping the suspension. Will find out how they perform long term later but for now highly recommend.

Jass
JassMelbourne4 posts

Excellent product. Great grip and long lasting. highly recommended for all sorts of sedan cars. You can get them at a decent price from any nearest tyre store as they are easily available but would recommend to go to continental tyre store exclusively for deals. Happy to review it 5 stars.

Grant P.
Grant P.Perth6 posts

Great tires with good grip

My car recently changed to these new continental tires and I would say I have loved it so far. The tires are quite quiet, and also have excellent grip in both dry and wet. I previously was using tires from good years, and when I get out of the slope close to my house on rainy days it tends to slip. But I have no issues so far with these tires, even when there were heavy rain, it manage to grip when. Will definitely stick to this brand for my ne t tire change.

The JackalAuckland34 posts

TuiTorpedo88
TuiTorpedo88Brisbane

Great! but.....no sidewall strength

Positive: Good grip dry and wet, low Noise. I was very happy after changing from some noisy tyres.

Negative: We have now had 2 flats within months of each other from "relatively' light gutter taps, ie. low speed / parking.

Summary: Awesome for highway and wider roads, but if you do a lot of inner city street parking or deal with traffic calming perhaps look elsewhere.

caro
caroCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC6 posts

Good Price, Reduced road noise

Tyres seem to be wearing well. These were a comparable price to lesser quality tyres. The road noise from these tyres is much less than our previous Michelin tyres. I shopped around and got a good price from a local business. Bob Jane were the next best business for price.

matt
matt

Lets see how they go!!

Just bought these Conti MC5's as replacement for Pirelli P1 Cinturato's on my 2003 BA Falcon XR6 sedan. 1 day old & already have discovered their excellent grip & very quiet ride especially compared to the pirelli's which also had great grip but were rather noisy on certain surfaces. I will wait 6 months before recommending these Continentals to anyone but I am already happy & the price of $600 odd was also good.