Continental ContiMaxContact MC5

Continental ContiMaxContact MC5

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Continental Tyres? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
Mike
MikeDarwin, NT

A bit sceptical

I bought these tyres in Sydney on my Nissan A33 Maxima and drove straight to Darwin , 4,000ks in 4 days, Tyres were a bit noisy and i had to check the pressures EVERY day, wear factor is good , no appreciable wear after 18,000 ks, BUT they lost pressure slowly , I put some Tyre sealant in the tyres and that seems to have stopped the slow deflation, wet driving is ok too, but they are a noisy tyre .

Purchased in September 2018 at Tempe Tyres for $540.00.

Noise Level
Dorothy
Dorothy

Beware of doggy continental tyres MC 5

CarAudi A4 b8 sedan

Tony K
Tony KSouth East Queensland, QLD

RUBBISH

Only 5 weeks old and my front wheel got flat REAL QUICK with no cause. They couldn't find how it happened because as it was unsafe to pull over, I had to drive on them for 200 metres and badly affected the walls. The retailer REFUSED to refund and said it wasn't the quality of tyre and blamed having to drive on them flat. I am thankful that I wasn't driving at 110 km/hour down the highway, because it would have ended differently. NOT SAFE! Mine were made in Malaysia. WILL NOT be buying these EVER AGAIN.

CarCommodore VZ Wagon

Wore out 27k

These tyres have worn down after only 27 000km. I've noticed that they are made in China and wonder if that is the reason.
I have exactly the same tyres on another car but they are made in Malaysia and have done 30k so far and have plenty left in them.

CarCorolla 2006

jetaboy123
jetaboy123

Not durable did not last long

Worked ok in both wet and dry conditions, and rides quietly.
Biggest disappointment is that they only lasted a pathetic 33,000 kms during the 2 years I had them despite alignments and rotations done.
Learned that it’s due to the softer compound used and tyres of this kind should last between around 40,000 to 50,000 kms.
Not recommended and won’t buy again.

CarAudi A4
Robert
RobertVictoria, 3913

Good Handling, Ride, and reasonably quiet

24/01/19 These tyres are fitted to my 2009 Falcon G6E. They are predictable and forgiving and seem to handle very well on wet and dry roads, have a softer ride than all other brands I have used on this car, and are relatively quiet. I am nearing the end of their life now and got 50000 k out of them, which is nothing to rave about but although superseded now (by MC6 I think) I managed to find a set of MC5's at Continental Tyres Dandenong 3175 (at $750 for four including alignment and balance this second time around) because I knew what I would be getting rather than listen to the hype and subjective opinions of the tyre salesmen.

Car2009 G6E Falcon
shes_79
shes_79brisbane

Not so good in the wet

I have now had these tyres for a month. could not fault them until today's sudden down pour on the highway. aquaplaned badly. quiet tyre, gives a comfortable ride. however high speed in the wet not so good. I ended up having to drop back to 80ks in a 110 zone due to the inability of these tyres to hold the road in the wet. have had other tyres hold perfectly in the same area with more water than was on the road today. quite disappointed.

CarHolden commodore

2 out of 4 tyres had blow outs

Grip is about all I would say is good about these. Tyres are not very durable and I had 2 out of the 4 fail on me one the whole that came off the rim. When I called there service team they even say sorry just tryed to shift blame . Unsafe tyres I won't be buying any tyres from Continental again very disappointing tires from this company and poor customer service.

CarVE Commodore

Toufic
TouficSydney, NSW

Excellent grip, quiet and helps for a smooth ride

So far so far. Tyres feel a lot softer than my previous Michelins. They provide a more comfortable ride as they have a slightly softer wall then others helping with absorbing bumps and helping the suspension. Will find out how they perform long term later but for now highly recommend.

CarCamry

Jass
JassMelbourne

Excellent.

Excellent product. Great grip and long lasting. highly recommended for all sorts of sedan cars. You can get them at a decent price from any nearest tyre store as they are easily available but would recommend to go to continental tyre store exclusively for deals. Happy to review it 5 stars.

CarNissan skyline V250 Sedan.
Grant P.
Grant P.Perth

Great tires with good grip

My car recently changed to these new continental tires and I would say I have loved it so far. The tires are quite quiet, and also have excellent grip in both dry and wet. I previously was using tires from good years, and when I get out of the slope close to my house on rainy days it tends to slip. But I have no issues so far with these tires, even when there were heavy rain, it manage to grip when. Will definitely stick to this brand for my ne t tire change.

CarCamry

The JackalAuckland

Good value for money performance tyre

Car1999 Toyota Altezza RS200-Z 6MT (SXE10, 3SGE)

TuiTorpedo88
TuiTorpedo88Brisbane

Great! but.....no sidewall strength

Positive: Good grip dry and wet, low Noise. I was very happy after changing from some noisy tyres.
Negative: We have now had 2 flats within months of each other from "relatively' light gutter taps, ie. low speed / parking.
Summary: Awesome for highway and wider roads, but if you do a lot of inner city street parking or deal with traffic calming perhaps look elsewhere.

CarSubaru Liberty Exiga Wagon
caro
caroCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good Price, Reduced road noise

Tyres seem to be wearing well. These were a comparable price to lesser quality tyres. The road noise from these tyres is much less than our previous Michelin tyres. I shopped around and got a good price from a local business. Bob Jane were the next best business for price.

Car2015 Nissan Pathfinder

Lets see how they go!!

Just bought these Conti MC5's as replacement for Pirelli P1 Cinturato's on my 2003 BA Falcon XR6 sedan. 1 day old & already have discovered their excellent grip & very quiet ride especially compared to the pirelli's which also had great grip but were rather noisy on certain surfaces. I will wait 6 months before recommending these Continentals to anyone but I am already happy & the price of $600 odd was also good.

Car2003 Ford Falcon XR6 sedan

David
Davidasked

Are these tyres run flats ?

beans
beans

No, not run flats. :)

Jimbo
Jimboasked

Comparing Continental ContiMax contact MC5, 245 45 ZR18. 340 tread wear to standard Bridgestone 245 45 R18 MY02 Sporty Style. Caprice secondhand with both sets fitted. Which one is better, ride, noise, performance and wear?

Alex Ng
Alex Ng

I do not experience in the Bridgestone MY02 tire but Bridgestone GR90 tire on 225/45R18. I have to say the Continental MC5 being better in the reduction in road noise. Confident of every cornering and it's feeling litter bump on uneven road. I am happy with them.

The Jackal

You can't really compare the two, MC5 is far superior tyre to MY02. From the Bridgestone range the RE003 would be a closer comparison but cost a lot more. I've had MC5 fitted for a year & very happy with the value for money. Previously had Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy2 & RE001 on my car for comparison.

shane searle
shane searleasked

what sort of mileage do you normally get from theses tyres with regular rotation and balancing ?

First time for me with these tyres. So far over 5000kms an they look very good. Comfortable, quiet and good grip. No complaints. When I researched there were some suggestions about lower the average distance for wear - so time will tell on that.

See all Continental ContiMaxContact MC5 questions