MPNs:3662940, 3662972, 3663023 and PT-0000016

4.5
Wet Weather Handling
Durability
Dry Weather Handling
Brand Manager for Continental Tyres? Claim your listing.

Peter C.4 posts

275x45x18 Contact 2 or 3 Awesome

Without a doubt the best tyre I’ve ever bought, for my performance muscle car 275x45x18 I’ve had both the 2-3 contact and I am most satisfied at the grip level on my supercharged car Show details
Shenanigans
ShenanigansSouth East Queensland, QLD77 posts

Good ride, nice steering response, great grip. Could be quieter

These tyres were fitted as replacements for original fitment Nexen tyres.

I have had Continental brand tyres before and have been quite happy with them, and these are no exception.

Steering response and highway stability are great. General grip levels are excellent. Ride quality is a little on the firm side but that probably helps with directional stability.

Quietness is only OK - they are not noisy, but they aren't any quieter than the cheap Nexens they replaced.

I can't comment on how they will last, but based on previous Continental tyres I've had they probably won't last quite as long as some other brands, but that's a compromise I'm willing to make. Show details

Overall
Noise Level
Functionality
SieFou
SieFou13 posts

Good value, good grip!

I had no idea how big of a difference tyres could make!

After having these fitted I knew. When it rains the proved grip is remarkable.
They are very good value for money and they look rather good too!

Can highly recommend these tyres, they are very durable and provide you with a comfortable drive. Show details

KLM
KLMSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified

Great grip. Good value. Long lasting

These are my second pair of ContiPremium 2's. I was so impressed with the first set that i just bought a second. First set lasted 4 years, and that was without regular realignments. Always found them to have great grip and are super quiet. Hoping to get another 4 years out of my new set! Show details
Oldfart L
Oldfart LWestern Australia17 posts

Good tyres with zero problems after 70,000km

The 205/70 R16 ContiPremiumContact 2 tyres by Continental were fitted factory tyres but have proved a pretty good all round tyre and we got around 70,000kms of wear out of them over 3 years, we live in WA so the tar tends to get super hot on your tyres, but these have never lost traction (unintentionally) have carried our grandchildren and ourselves around quite safely in all seasons, have hit the brakes hard in rain and never lost grip, on some road surfaces you do get some noise but usually quiet enough, for their cost I think they are a good safe, well wearing tyre.

Nik
Nik

Pamela
PamelaWestern Australia7 posts

Excellent Tyres

These tyres came fitted on my Nissan Pulsar when I bought it. I bought it new, and have just clocked 70,000km with them.

I never had a drama with the tyres at all. No punctures or anything. Living in Perth the weather over winter especially can change drastically in a matter of hours. Never felt out of control of my car in any weather with these on my car.

I had the tyres on my car for 3.5 years/70,000 kms. They never faltered. Would defo have again.

Only con with them is that they are expensive to replace. But worth the money!!

Glenn Barton
Glenn BartonPerth6 posts

Great tyres

Had the first set on my Nissan dualis +2 for nearly 5 years with close to 150k KMs on them I had them regularly rotated the where great on bitumen roads in the cold wet and hot and even on in sealed roads there were great never missed a beat.

davev
davev

Absolutely appalling

Will never buy continental tyres again. I bought 205/55 r16 premium contact two tyres and the price was $220 a tyre and was told they were a good tyre. I put them on my wife's little hatch back which only goes to the shop and school etc. I rotated them after 5000 kms and totaling 20 000 kms later the tyres are completely worn with wire showing on all 4 tyres I took the car to, 2 tyre shops to ask what could cause this and they gave me no answer and basically didn't care a shocking tyre and experience.

beni
beni

perfect tire for my car

I've had these tires now for 7 years (spring, summer, autum, for winter i use dunlop's winter sport 3d) and i've done with them about 70.000 km and they are still good enough for one maybe even two seasons so when the time comes for new ones i'll buy the same ones.

Allan
AllanBroken Hill, NSW5 posts

Do Not Buy These Dangerous Tyres!

Warning: Save your money. Do not buy these useless, pathetic tyres. 17,000 klm of normal driving at correct pressure & these tyres are bald! Very noisy. Very rough. Selling rubbish tyres like this must surely be a criminal conspiracy? I will never buy Continental tyres ever again. Rating: Zero! (These crap tyres were fitted to the car when I bought it).

Brad T.
Brad T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC26 posts

Trusted brand for awesome handling, grip , grooves, and size

Good handling. Awesome on rainy days on Australian tarmac. Superb grooves. Trusted brand, always. No complaints. Good grip on tarmac. Good size for a Toyota Rukus. I do courier work, safety comes first. Size: 205/55R16. Got them 4 tyres from my auto mechanic, and he got them from next door, Continental tyre shop. They work well together next to each other. These tyres, I highly recommend.

Jammy
Jammy2 posts

Premium contact 2

I have used these tyres For 71000 km and still had some meat left to run another 5000k the only reason for giving it a 4 star is that it did tend to loose grip during sudden breaking which was a let down.

I have now changed to premium contact 6 and they are definitely better when it comes to grip and mileage but the side walls on this one is very soft. Hope will get the same mileage from them as the pc2. Read the test readings for pc6 on continentals website and all their test results are bang on target.

Tbone
TbonePerth

Good grip, poor mileage

Good grip, poor mileage. I got over 80,000kms out of my Dunlops but Id be lucky to get 40,000kms out of these Continentals. The grip was consistent throughout the life of the tyre in both wet and dry conditions while my Dunlops lost traction during harsh acceleration in the wet towards the end of the tyre life. Personally I won't be purchasing Continentals again as they are poor value for money but if you can afford them they are slightly safer.

Stephen