2Continental ContiSportContact 3

Noise Level
1.0
1.0
Dry Weather Handling
Brand Manager for Continental Tyres? Claim your listing.

Jeremy B
Jeremy BSouth East Queensland, QLD11 posts

Noisy and wear out fast

My Mercedes C200 has done 24,000 km and the rear tyres are close to the wear limit. Droning noise and harsh ride are also noticeable. Apparently these run flat tyres are not repairable once driven deflated = $$. Changing to normal tyres but will have to source a jack and space saver spare. Suprised that Mercedes have not ditched run flats as there seem to be many complaints. Show details
Overall
Noise Level
Angus
AngusCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC6 posts

Gary
GaryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Noisy Continental Tyres

I have a 2017 Hyundai Tucson Highlander that came with Continental Tyres as standard. I was very impressed with noise levels and wear (85,000k's). Knowing this, I replaced them with the same Continental tyre. BIG MISTAKE, these are very noisy and I will be lucky to get 45,000k's out of them. It would appear that Continental have changed their materials &/or manufacturing location. VERY DISAPPOINTED, especially for the price I paid (4 tyres = $1,350). Show details
Bob
Bob

Poor car & Tyre combination

I have just replaced all my run flat Continental tyres on a C200 after 30k of moderate driving. What really surprised me was the rear tyres were almost slicks in the middle of the tread. A very disappointing result which begs the question whether Mercedes-Benz with this combination of Tyre is suitable for Australian conditions. I also think run flats ie no spare wheel, is impractical for long distance driving away from the Eastern seaboard. This will definitely cause me to look closely at alternative manufacturers when the car needs replacing.

Lucky
Lucky

Continental run flats are crap

I have had to replace three Continental run flats when I have only done 15,000kms. They are not for Australian conditions. The last one exploded after hitting a pothole and spewed black rubber compound over body or car. $2000 worth of damage plus new tyres. Insist on other brands when buying a new VW.

Arsh G
Arsh GPerth, WA16 posts

Comfort in driving

The tyres are durable and offer a good road grip even while taking sharp corners.. They are a bit on the expensive side but if you do your shopping around you can always find cheaper options for the same product. I paid $375 per tyre but there were some companies wanting to charge upto $450 per tyre.

G Hi
G HiSouth East Queensland, QLD105 posts

Good tyre and better than most put on as standard tyres

Have done 35,000km on mine with no problems. They do the job in both dry and wet conditions. Anyone who is getting low mileage must be cornering too fast and wearing the edges off them. Had that trouble when I lived in a suburb with a lot of small roundabouts. Solution drive it like you own it NOT like you stole it Makes a marvelous difference

Mark
MarkIllawarra, NSW22 posts

Fiona Dang
Fiona DangAU

Tyres needed changing every year! 18000km av per year

I Had to replace my continental tyres every service. I only drive 10 mins to work everyday and back.

They blamed that it was my wheel alignment, that i must be running into things.. i drove a toyota Corolla for 10 years prior on cheap tyres lasting 2 years between changes

Sam C
Sam CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Ian
IanBrisbane2 posts

Surprisingly poor wear on front tyres

Similar experience to other reviews re wear. Good tyre but only lasted around 16,000 km. I think the issue is the car itself as the rear tyres are OK and will probably last another 16,000 km. Car sales personnel never give you the full picture when it comes to the cons.

tobrid
tobrid

Ditto

This exactly describes my experience on my new Superb 3. Makes driving a long distance unbearable. Took my local Skoda dealer technician for a drive and he was unable to offer any advice other than to say he could hear nothing mechanically wrong. Going to change them for another brand after only 800 miles!

jaydee
jaydee

Lots of Grip but terrible durability

As mentioned, these tyres were great for the first 10,000 kms but become increasingly noisy as they begin to wear. I'm now having to replace all 4 tyres after 30K. Tyre pressures are regularly checked and maintained as I spend a lot of time driving to and from work - mostly freeway driving (so straight lines).

These tyres came factory fitted to my Audi A4 Quattro. 255/35/19

Shocking durability - at an equally shocking price. Will not be replacing them with Continentals.

Colmas
Colmas9 posts

Great Tyre

I have to say that I am surprised at the comments relating to poor tyre wear. I have clocked approximately 53.000K on 265/30 20 tyres, and I believe that I will get around 60,000K before they need replacing. I have also towed a small van over the last three years with no issues. The only negative comments I have relate to punctures (4 so far), and the local Tyrepower store said that its related to the low profile and not the tyres. Also, now that they are getting low on tread, a bit noisy. Overall, very happy and would consider getting another set. In particular, as I can get them online for under $400!.

ben
ben

ContiCrap

2015 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0 TFSI and 20,000km on the clock and tyres that noisy I took car to check for a wheel bearing. Tyre delaminated and rest buggered.

Not too happy given other (and much cheaper) brands have lasted twice as long, and some.

Be looking for something else

J M de Faria
J M de Faria

I purchased a new vw cc in 2012 fitted with contisport contact 3 tires. The vehicle has travelled

30 000km and the tire noise is loud and very annoying in particular at speeds of 60 - 70km/hr. I first noticed the noise when it had travelled 15 000km and its got louder with time. There is ample thread on the tires , probably for another 10 000 to 15 000km. I have always maintained the tire pressures at 2.5 bar as recommended .Pressure sensors fitted in the tires

initiate a warning light on the dash when the pressure is not maintained. Is this a common problem with this type of tire and what is the cause.? Is there a way of eliminating the problem other than replacing the tires.? If the later is the only option, what is a good replacement tire.?

Thank-you

Joe

Happy as....
Happy as....

• MPN: 3663044 and PT-0000020

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Continental Tyres? Claim your listing.