North Lakes, Ipswich
Brand Manager for Costco QLD? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Prices online to prices in store are different apparently ‘different business’

We went online to check a price on a item found out it was $14.97each went in store purchase item not to make mention price wasn’t on item so assumed it was same price paid for items got home and double checked price and relized was charged $37.99each rang up and asked why was charged an extra $23ish each only to get told online and instore is different businesses and they wouldn’t honour price.
Really disappointed considering that just this shop was nearly $700.00 and we live an hour away so can’t just return item.

Sussann S
Sussann SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Similar prices to Woolies and Coles

I ended up getting a membership to see what all the hype is about. Most products I found were either the same price or slightly more expensive than Woolies and Coles. Added to that you have to buy in bulk, so I always end up spending way more for what feels like a lot less items. When you add in the fact that you have to pay them for the privilege of shopping there? Definitely not worth it. Actually its pretty outrageous that they charge you to shop there, but give you nothing for that $60 that you can't get for free elsewhere.

Tam S
Tam SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Uncooked hot chicken

Went to Costcos Northlakes on 18th June to buy a hot chicken for dinner. Looked and smelled great. Plus, they had a great review from A Current Affair.
Took the chicken directly home. Divided it up for dinner with family. First bite - tasted soft, was moist. Investigated and found chicken meat under skin was still pink and uncooked. Stopped eating. But too late. Spent 5 days extremely ill. Saw doctors twice, almost got admitted to hospital. Antibiotics. Antiemetics - and I lost a week of work. Not what I needed, Costco.
You should have a way to check if your chickens are cooked through before they are sold.

Liz Piscopo
Liz PiscopoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Out of stock

Normally l would rate this store 4 out of 5 stars. Went to shop here from Oxenford only to find the produce such as chicken and lamb were out of stock. In particular, lamb shanks and lilydale chicken breasts were out of stock. Went to buy lunch....no onions for our hotdogs. Staff member if kiosk told us it isn't her fault. Who is to blame then? To travel this far to find that our main items were not available makes me wonder why do we pay a membership fee??????? ?z

Kosta's 5 stars customer service at Costco Ipswich

Kosta was very friendly and helpful. He was so patient and spent time with us to figure out how to put a big TV into our car. He provided a 5 stars customer service to our family.

pete1968
pete1968South East Queensland, QLD

Good service

I live around the corner from Costco and stop in on the way home regularly. Great prices on certain things I need. The food service, while very cheap, requires much better management. My daughter and I waited 25 minutes for a hot dog and one slice of pizza. It was a Saturday, so lots of people waiting, and the had two ladies serving?! Really?! Pull your Sox up Costco management. Not good enough.

Deleted an email with renewing promo

I accidentally deleted an email with a renewal promo. When I rang to find out if the promo was still available- I was told ‘without the original email, I am unable to take up the offer’ even when I suggested they see that it hadn’t been redeemed.
Sometimes accidents happen, but to be told that I can’t redeem this offer- I will reconsider renewing my membership with Costco.
Barb

AmmuB
AmmuBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not cheap at all..not worth your membership.

We couldn't find a single thing that we wanted cheaper than coles/woolies. And if they are on special, it's cheaper than Costco plus you get reward points. And you need to buy everything in bulk.Meat and fish are way overpriced too.I thought petrol would save me some money, but I ended up paying 5c/L more for E10 than the price at my local puma for unleaded 91. Cancelling my membership. Very disappointed.

Jennifer Young
Jennifer YoungCentral Queensland, QLD

Great range and prices

Love the range of stuff, the cost and quality were great, joined up and will regularly go back. Didn’t encounter any rude staff there, everyone was helpful enough.

Eddy
EddySouth East Queensland, QLD

Delivery service is worthless

Joined Costco principally to purchase a rowing machine they advertised. After joining, found out that Forest Lakes store does not have the item available. Attempted to order online only to find they refuse to deliver anywhere near us, even though we are only 25km north of Brisbane.
Have found that there are some items that are very cheap, but it seems that goods that we prefer are expensive - waste of money except for the cheaper fuel.

Paying to shop here is a scam.

Traffic flow

This is the second time we have been parked in Costco parking lot waitingto exit. We have been waiting 20mins and have only moved 2 car spaces. Costco North Lakes need to have more entrance and exits.

Deborah
Deborah Northern Region, NSW

Not community minded

When I joined i was informed my membership could be frozen if I was away on holiday etc. When I asked to freeze my membership as I live over the covid closed border in NSW. I was told NO. Very stingy and mean spirited of you Costco.

Jamie
JamieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Costo Store & Tyre Centre

Our local Costco has always been lovely, products, people etc. Pizza's a little slow to get, you do have to wait around.

The tyre centre blokes are great, I feel sorry for them tho, they really could do with more support from Costco.

Kiran
Kiran

Terrible customer service and parking exit problem

Took me an hour to come out from the parking . Made a call to request to close first 2 exit of parking as they do it all other times. I was told yes they do it other times but they can't do it now because it's council's job.
Our dairy products stayed on the room temperature for this long and my daughter waited outside her class for an hour.
I don't think there should be membership payment if you can't solve these problem.