Crock Pot Express Multi-Cooker CPE200

Crock Pot Express Multi-Cooker CPE200

Love it

I was initially looking for a slow cooker like Mum used to have (the original Crock-Pot). The Express Multi has quickly earned a place as a weekly kitchen tool. It is easy to use, and the recipes in the book have all worked out so far. I was afraid of pressure cooking, but this machine has made it safe and really easy. The seal is challenging to take out to wash (and you really need to wash it) but the rest is super easy. It does retain the odour of food cooked. The smell is prominent in the seal, so I will try vinegar and bi-carb. The food in pressure mode have been tasty and keeps it's colour. My only surprise we how long it takes to 'heat up' before clicking into the chosen mode. Bring on Winter!

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hifi Home for $119.00.

Sautéing
Hi Jaspa, Thank you for the great review. Enjoy!

I cant live without it now.

I never knew cooking curries would be so quick as I would spend at least 2-3 hours just for cooking traditional curry for me and my husband. I got this cooker as a present and it is absolutely life changing it cooks lentils, curries, rice in just 15-30 minutes and I can even make my own yogurt. The cherry on the cake for me is the dessert feature as we are only two people and I can just easily put two ramekins of chocolate pudding in my cooker and It would just cook my dessert to perfection in no time.

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $159.00.

Slow Cooking
Steaming
Rice Cooking
Hi Shrida, Thanks for the great review. Enjoy!

Want an Instant Pot but can’t get one in Oz? Get this instead!

Have you noticed the online craze for the Instant Pot? Are you bummed because it’s not available in Australia? Sure, you could spend $200 or more importing one from Amazon UK (can’t get one from America because the voltage isn’t right) and then stuffing around with a power adaptor....OR you could just get this nifty little multicooker instead!

I did a lot of research and reading of 3rd party reviews before ordering this unit, and functionally it is equivalent to the Instant Pot, except for some very minor things, eg that the inner pot is non-stick and not stainless steel (incidentally, being able to buy a stainless steel inner pot as an added accessory would be a great idea Sunbeam if you’re listening!) Any of the 1000’s of cult Instant Pot recipes you find online and in cookbooks can be made in the CrockPot multicooker, it’s easy and quick to use, has a handy instruction manual and even comes with a little cookbook. I’ve only had mine a few months so far and love it. I hope it’s built to last. I actually ordered a cheaper generic unit from an online retailer that rhymes with “Bogan” (haha) and cancelled that order to get this unit instead. I was not disappointed. You get what you pay for in quality and versatility.

So far I’ve made a wide range of dishes from pasta to curries and stews and pulled meat, steamed dumplings, even desserts! It’s even great for simple things like rice and hard-boiled eggs much faster than on a stovetop. My oven and stovetop are both feeling quite neglected! You can brown/sear in the same pan so it’s very convenient. This has had much more use than my old slow cooker that only did one thing and which I used maybe twice after purchase and has since been gathering dust for years.

Purchased in December 2018 at Amazon.

Slow Cooking
Steaming
Rice Cooking
Hi LLP, Thanks for the great review. Enjoy!

Should have bought it earlier!

1. I've made beef brisket, seafood paella, steamed potatoes and yogurt so far.
2. The cookers does retain smells of beef brisket after cooking but I steamed some herbs from my garden to get rid of the smell.
3. I'm very satisfied with the product's features especially it's very quiet during cooking and it doesn't give too much heat to the kitchen
4. I'm very happy with the food produced by this cooker. It take a while for trial and error but the recipe book gives a good direction for users to adjust things around. The speed to make potatoes soft is just exceptional.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Thanks for the positive feedback Tracy!

Great in theory but scratches so quickly

The multicooker itself is great and very functional, allows quick and easy cooking with minimal supervision. My gripe is with the quality of the inner pot, which has scratched terribly within months. The non-stick seems to scratch so easily and I'm concerned about the safety of continuing to use it. The company doesn't sell individual parts, so they only option would be to replace the whole thing.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Don't know why I didn't get one sooner

I was reluctant to buy any pressure cooker out of fear, as I'm sure others have felt the same.

This crock pot has been a God send. I'm so glad I went with my gut and faught my fear. This is hands down the best kitchen appliance I've ever braught.

I've cooked so many things in this machine and everything has come out fantastic, I do adjust recipes accordingly and to suit my small fussy family. If I had the bench space I would buy another one. I absolutely love this!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Thanks for the great review Misty. Happy cooking!

Silicon seal ring alarm me about safety

Safety concern. I bought the CrockPot. I still not use it because I read the user menu, it is sealed by silicon ring while cooking. I concern what will silicon release under high temperature and pressure. For the short period time, you may not able feel bad but what about many years ?

Silicon seal ring VS rubber seal ring. Which one is more safe ?

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Hi Pete, All of our products are safety tested so you should have no concerns

Stay at home dad of 2

I chose the Crock - Pot because of the positive experiences with the brand and so far have not been disappointed. I have made numerous slow cooked meals with it, where I could leave the ingredients to bubble away and have so far been lucky that even my first born loves what it makes. I will say the one surprise for me was the pressure cooker feature. Sure enough the one day I wasn't as organised as I should be I only had lamb shanks out for dinner and didn't realise I had not started cooking them until it was too late. I decided the try the pressure cooker feature. Took about 60 mins and the shanks were as tender as if I had slow cooked them a few hours.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Pete, Great to hear the good outcome, thanks for the review...

Love this new Crock-Pot Express as you can go slow as well as steam, pressure cook & saute

Love that this is more than just a slow cooker - it still slow cooks delicious meals which are a winter fave at our house but it also steams, saute's and pressure cooks. To have one appliance that does all of this is great. We use it for so many different meal preps and recipes. Warm potato salad cooked in 10 mins is amazing. We are even going to attempt to make our own yogurt in it. Our creative cooking adventures are only just beginning. It's easy to use as well.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi New Barista, the potato salad sounds yum....we are definitely going to try this!!!

This is great - makes mealtimes easier

Even though I find the searing function a bit long, the other functions are great. I can create different recipes easily. I really like that there are so many good recipes and I can also add whatever ingredients I prefer. I would highly recommend this product to everyone. It easy to clean.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
HI Corina P, so pleased you love the product, thank you so much for your great review!!!!!!!

Best appliance EVER!!!

So simple to use, great for busy families with quick pressure cook and also searing and slow cook functions.
Cooks meat, vegetables and desserts all perfectly.
Easy to clean, just put in the dishwasher :-)
Strongly recommend to anyone looking for a family sized machine that is simple to use and looks great on the bench

Date PurchasedJun 2018
HI Stacey, great we can on fast or slow cooking options to help us through the week!!! Thanks for the excellent review!!

I've never cooked!

Very easy to use as I have never used a pressure cooker before. However this is also a slow cooker, rice cooker and steamer.
Recipes from the colourful book are quick and easy to make. I have made the vegetable tagine and it was very tasty and easy to clean.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Josh, Encourage you to keep exploring the fab recipes, there are so many and the choice endless, thanks for the review....

Amazing and Easy

This is so easy to use and I’ve cooked a few things and all come out tasty. Great thing also u can wash in the dishwasher so makes it easy for busy families

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Melissa - Thanks for the fabulous feedback!!

A great tool for your kitchen arsenal

Using the Crock Pot Express is very simple, yet very rewarding as it is able to help me with cooking so many different meals, while being all-in-one. From pulled pork to risotto, this cooker really shaves down my meal prep time drastically, and makes dinner a very fulfilling yet easy task. The instructions are very simple to follow, and after a few times using it I felt very acquainted with the express cooker. The best part is that it is also very easy to clean, as it was very intuitive.

I am very impressed with the Crock Pot Express Cooker, and would recommend it for anyone looking for a good and easy to use all-in-one cooker, that will both pressure cook and slow cook to your hearts desire!

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hey Anthony Ha, thanks so much for the great review and feedback. I agree with your easy clean comment - so quick and hassle-free!! Keep an eye on our Facebook page for lots of new recipes and ideas.

One Stop Pot

As a busy, full time working Mum and anti-domestic goddess I'm not sure how I've survived the last decade without the convenience of this multi cooker. We all want our families eating nutritious, balanced, tasty meals and the express crock offers the versatility of sauté, pressure cook, steam and slow cook with only one pot to wash up! Just like all ovens cook differently it's been trial and error with different recipes and settings to get to know my new appliance. The handy recipe book that comes with the express crock has been a great to place to start. I've tried several different meals with varying success. I do think the sauté function needs to cook at a high temp. Even on the high setting it doesn't get hot enough. It's also a bit big so I'm yet to find it's permanent home in my small kitchen. I do, however, love the easy to use control panel and non-stick cooking pot is super easy to wash. I'm looking forward to trying the time delay function and coming home to a hearty winter meal.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Thanks Peta F for the great review!!

training from sunbeam

clear vision instructions easy to understand.
cleaning dishwasher useable bowl a bonus for our busy lifestyles.
amazing recipes online .
working in retail it a great product for a quick and easy meal.
its important for me it looks good on my bench for easy access .and yes its a winner !

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Thanks for the great review judyd!!

Delicious, hearty meals made simple

Myself and my girlfriend LOVE this...We're by no means great cooks but this is so simple to put together an awesome meal...We use it at least twice a week and have made the Chilli Con Carne and Beef Ragu, we keep experimenting with spices and ingredients and it gets better and better...It's perfect when you have big groups to cook for as well because you can stick on the slow cooker in the morning and it's ready for that night, no need to be running around the kitchen when you have guests over. Honestly the meat comes out so tender and juicy, and it's even better the next day or the day after!!!! If you're on the fence I'd highly recommend this.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Thanks for a great review Owen! Feel free to post your delicious creations on our Facebook page!!

Absolutely love it!!

After all the craze surrounding the Instant Pot and various multi cookers, I finally went and bought myself the crock pot express!! And boy am I glad I did!! Saves both cooking and cleaning time. With the saute mode, it really is just a one pot cooking machine! It’s super easy to get the hang of and you don’t even have to hunt for specific multi cooker recipes. Once you’ve figured out the time and pressure settings, you can just about cook any recipe in it. I’m loving it. And this is coming from a person who generally doesn’t like cooking. So glad I bough this. Well worth the investment.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Thanks for the great review TCS!! Keep an eye the Sunbeam Facebook page for more great tips and recipes!

My New Best Friend

The Crock-Pot Express is a great addition to any kitchen - It has around the same footprint as a standard rice cooker, although it is taller. However, this machine is capable of so much more. Not only can you easily create delicious slow-cooked meals, but the machine can also pressure cook, create rice dishes such as Risotto and Paella, steam fish and vegetables, and can make desserts such as sponge puddings and even yoghurt. It comes with a good recipe book, and there are also plenty of great (and easy) recipes online.

The pot is a good size for a family or you can have plenty of left overs if you have a smaller household. It is very easy to operate and includes very useful pre-sets and an easily adjustable timer.

I'm really enjoying the Crock-Pot Express this winter and will probably continue to use this even in summer months due to the sheer range of things it can do. This machine has changed my life!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Thanks for the great review Pete! Our test kitchen are flat out creating new recipes for your best friend!! Please keep an eye on our Facebook page for exciting and delicious meals!!

Time to replace your old slow cooker!

Well, my Crock-Pot Express has found its home on my kitchen bench top and my old slow cooker has been passed on. This is a very clever little machine. Throw your ingredients in, select your function and cook time and return later to a delicious meal! I love the fact it sautés and browns meat as well as pressure or slow cooks. It truly is a one-pot cooker. The pressure cook function is pretty amazing. It produces a fabulous pulled pork in just 2 hours - something I would never have tackled before. Curries turn out so deliciously tender. Dried chickpeas cooked using the bean function took only 45 minutes, instead of the usual 4 hours. And with the keep warm function, it is easy to prepare your meal ahead and eat when you are ready. It really is very impressive given the great value price point.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Natasha. Sunbeam is delighted that you are getting such great use out of your Crock-Pot Express. It really is a one pot wonder and so easy to use! Happy cooking!

Looked at rhis cooker. Made bu same parent company as Sunbeam which has a lot of faulty electronics. A couple of issues. 1. Like all cookers of type has non stick coating which WILL FAIL after 6mths unless you do not cook with any fat or oil (basically only boil water). No one except teens/uni students wanys non stick....everyine knows its temporary and toxic. Use Stainless for goodness sake. 2. Does not have steamer basket with handle....why...Breville does....and a really nice one at that. 3. No spare parts....again Breville does....why? Look at the Breville BPR650. I has one lid fail after 27mths....Briscoes NZ replaced with new for FREE!

If I were to order an additional silicone ring that was manufactured to fit the Instant Pot, would it fit this lid, and if so, what diameter/quart size should I look for? I have the 5.7L model.
Hi rowyfo, Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. At present spare parts for the CPE200 are not available. We cannot recommend sourcing a part from another manufacturer. This will null and void the warranty.

For crock pot rep....can you please tell us exactly what the lining of the inner pot is made from? I have been told in the past by a rep it is not Teflon and is PFOA free but what is it actually. Thanks. Many would like to know. I own one. And i love it but many are concerned. Paula Stevens.
Hi Paula Stevens, We sincerely apologise for the delay in seeing this question. I have escalated this to get the information to you urgently.Looks like the answer is not a giod one....2mths to get an urgent answer.....lol. Am buying a replacement so will give CrockPot a miss if its gping to contaminate my food. Why not a polished stainless pot....instead of toxic coated pot?