Cruise1st Australia

Cruise1st Australia Questions & Answers

25 questions from our users

Hans
Hansasked

We left on a 31 night tour/cruise organised by Cruise1st on 3rd March. I had emailed them with my concerns regarding Covid 19 but they did not seem concerned. By day 10, 4 nights into cruise every port we were to go to closed and we decided after emailing Cruise1st to get home asap. Cruise1st emergency email was hopeless and unresponsive. Since then I have tried emailing them - no responses, but did finally get some refund - 27% of what we paid with no break-up of what was given back. Has anyone got a real contact through Cruise1st that I can talk to and get information regarding further refunds and breakup for insurance purposes ?

Hi
We paid Cruise 1st over $14000 for two cruises (Queen Victoria) departing Sydney in May 2020. We had a Westjet flight from Canada to Ireland included in the package.
We have spent the best part of the last 10 months trying to get refunds. We have eventually through our own efforts obtained refunds from Cunard and Qatar Airlines but Westjet will only offer future flight credits good until May 2022. Naturally this is unacceptable to us as I doubt we will be travelling anywhere for a few years. Cruise 1st have failed to pay us a refund of the Westjet fares claiming they were non refundable tickets. We never knew this when the package was arranged. Anyway, I am not going to give up and will take action against Cruise 1st if they do not refund the approx. $1000 owing to us.
Cruise 1st have lied to us over and over again. I wouldn't trust anything they are telling you. I can only suggest that you continue to insist that they refund all money owing to you.

ANGELasked

Hi has anybody tried to obtain a refund from a credit voucher of Westjet airlines issued by cruise 1st, as this airline does not fly to Australia and they are in a code share with Qantas and Qantas doesn't want to know anything and they advised us to contact cruise 1st, waste of time needless to say. Please anybody with this problem? James Quintela

Paul D

Hi Angel. I had paid Cruise 1st $13,300 AUD for a holiday package departing in early May 20. It included 2 cruises, air fares with Qantas and Delta (USA) Hotel bookings and a 3 day bus tour in Alaska. They promised a full refund and they were true to their word. It did take a while. They paid me $12,800. Delta Air lines issued a credit for $500. They are under extreme pressure and I can appreciate the delays. I really think they did their best.. I communicated with them by email. It did take some time to get a reply, but they did reply and kept their word.

ANGEL

Hi Paul .Thank you very much for the info .I dont know if in my case it will be the same as it is in a code share flight so it it looks a bit different and is like pass the buck modus operandi ,but thank you anyway
Angel

Hi

Marg and Lizasked

I fully paid for my cruise on 1/01/2020, the cruise was to sail on 25/04/2020 I have been told it would be 12-15 weeks before I received my refund. It is now 15 weeks and I have heard nothing. Can you you update the payment timeline?

Anita Bunnell

We were e told the same but we kept on asking about our refunds.. We corresponded with our agent Ian Titman & he responded very quickly with information. Cruise1st have different team for each problem&makes hard to know what is happening. We still have not received anything yet but Ian told us this week that it should not take much longer. Keep on trying &hope that we all get our refund.

Marg and Liz

I do have a contact as well but when I saw this site I thought I would ask the question to see how others were going. I keep thinking they will go bankrupt and not have to pay. By the way thank you for answering.

JScrap
JScrap

I'm sorry that I can't add anything more yet. My cruise was scheduled for 12 April. Cunard have told me that they paid the refund to Cruise1st on 26&27 June. Cruise1st have told me that they received the refund from Cunard around 17 July but, for some reason would take 6 weeks to pass the refund on to me. Nothing received as yet, 6 August.

I feel for anyone with cruises that were scheduled for a later date than mine.

Gary Davisasked

I got my refund in full a few weeks ago, after our package was cancelled due to covid (late March 20)...has anybody else received theirs yet ? It appears that I am definitely in the minority...

Fed Up

I am still $2,500 SHORT. These people don't even answer my requests for further i information about the components of the refund. Will NEVER deal with Cruise1st ever again!

Fed Up

Will never, never deal with Cruise1st EVER AGAIN!!!!! STill NO RESPONSE to SEVEN e-mails flor Further Information!@!!

Fed Up

Customer Service is CRITICAL. None displayed by Cruise1st. The SILENCE is DEAFENING

Dana Jaeger-Lund
Dana Jaeger-Lundasked

Has anyone received refunds since COVID was declared a pandemic?

Lynden Dorval
Lynden Dorval

We finally got about $5000 back from our payment of $12600 just before we went to mediation (we had filed a claim with QCAT here in Qld). We are expecting a further $2000 soon because Singapore Air is now issuing refunds and we agreed to withdraw our claim with the court if we get that refund within a month. Our $4000 cruise fee will only be a credit but MSC cruises will issue a refund if that credit is not used by Dec. 2021. So it looks like our $300 court fee is paying off although we will still be out $800 at the end. Cheers. Lynden

Good to see you got more back! I don't want a credit for the cruise I want the cash! Don't know how good the credit will be
May have to pay more when you do decide to use it! Worth the $300 court costs! Mine is on 11th August by phone due to COVID.

haveachat
haveachat

I cancelled my trip today as I’m unsure if the cruise will go ahead in October. Will be up for cancellation fees however in the refund quote they initially tried to charge me for our friends accommodation costs as well so they could calculate a zero refund. After numerous emails of complaint and pointing out their dishonesty they decided to refund myself and friend just over $200, as if they were doing us a favour!! However our other friend is getting just over $700. Work that one out!! Today I received a reminder about the final payment and mine is $590 more than the other two couples when we were all given the same final payment price in November. WTH!! I have requested an explanation but haven’t received one yet. We have all decided to cancel our cruise as it’s not worth paying another $3800 which we might not get back and we are now turned off cruising. Looks like we will lose $2000 which is better than some. I have contacted Fair Trading and P&O about cancellation because we are cancelling and don’t want the offer of another cruise I don’t think we have much chance. Good luck with your claim. Cruise 1st is the most dishonest travel company I have ever dealt with. No integrity at all!!

Dana Jaeger-Lund
Dana Jaeger-Lundasked

Has anyone received any money back from Cruise1st since the pandemic began?
I'm still.waiting for mine!

elainebe
elainebe

Not a cent no one responds.

Go to Department of Fair Trading and report them.

Katrina P.
Katrina P.

Still waiting on refund

Jenny Coxasked

Hello booked cruise for 2 with cruise 1st was cancelled due to coronavirus had some of refund returned but they have charged $1410.34 cancellation fee. Does anyone no if this is correct can not find anything on there terms and condition thanks Jenny

Anita Bunnell

Hi Jenny, we booked 2 package deals for two with Cruise 1st & both were cancelled due to the Virus. We have not received any money. This is what Cruise 1st advice. One package for last April had 2 cruises Princess line offered full refund, Carnival charged $1300. cancellation fee one of the flights had no refund (Alaska Air). We told Cruise 1st that they should be responsible as they booked the package & we were not advice with the conditions.
The package for September , the tour for China no refund $800. The flights offered future credit.
We paid $11290. for April & $4300 deposit for September. We are very worried, it is a lot of money that we saved for our retirement. Cruise 1st advice that it could take up to 12 or 18 weeks.

Good luck

Jenny Cox

Thanks Anita good luck to you our cruise was 15Th February They said 12 weeks for refund which was 11 weeks. I may inquire about the $1400 cancellation fee.

Vickie v.asked

Did a Gary Davis get away on his cruise or manage to get his money back? I’d like to hear from him now

Gary Davis

Hi Vickie v. No we didn't get away on our cruise. I am in the process of trying to get money back, but I am expecting a reasonable wait under the circumstances.
My rep, Conor Day, has been in touch with me and it looks like I should get a full refund for the total package.
However, still a long way to go - I will keep you posted.
If they handle the refunds in an efficient and ethical manner, I will rebook another holiday thru them, and I will make posts on Product Review as to how that goes.
I am aware of many really negative reviews about this company, and I think that it really must come down to the individual that you are primarily dealing with. Good luck with your own situation.
Regards, Gary.

John beder

Our cruise was cancelled but we were told this only after we had flown to Singapore where we were meant to board. The cruise finished in Dubai, from where we would fly home. We booked and paid for a package deal which included flights, two hotel overnight stays, and cruise. On our return to Australia we were advised by our travel agent that only the cruise would be refunded. (Still waiting). We would have to claim insurance for our flights and hotel. How can this be right? Our trsvel agent told us she had received no notification from cruise1st regarding the cancellation of our cruise. Not good enough.

Vickie v.

Gary, We have been told a told of things by a lot of people in Cruise1st, including Conor. Many of the people we have spoken to are apparently no longer working for the company. We have since found out that a lot of them should not have said what they did and it no longer stands, so when we were told to put in out of pocket expenses and we’d get refunds etc, they are not necessarily true. Good luck. I am really keen to know how you go, but I suspect they are just telling us a lot of what we want to hear to keep us at Bay. Please, please keep me posted. I

Katrina Anderson
Katrina Andersonasked

I have requested a call back from cruise1st on a number of occasions re my further deposits to go back to Oceania who now have my booking. No response and when i requested to speak with Finance re transfer of my money the operator said i am not allowed to speak to anyone in finance. This may be a need for me to contact the ACCC.GOV.AU unless someone calls me with an answer. I was dealing with Meagan who promised me a call back days ago and when i did ring yesterday i was told Meagan was too busy to speak with me. Not happy.

My booking no. Is CRA-74992. Please get Meagan to call me back urgently.

Vickie v.

I would like to know how you go Katrina. We have been given the absolute run around and Meagan is part of that. No email responses, no phone response. Terrible. Unfortunately they have a lot if our money. But that has not stopped me reporting them to ACCC and CLIA. It may be a job for Current Affairs actually, because it is now getting fraudulent what they are doing. Please, if anyone else having troubles contact me on halcrest1@gmail.com Vickie

Tootsie
Tootsie

Hi Vickie same problems here no answers from phone calls emails etc.despite having tried numerous times.We have a package which is supposed to leave on the 19th.april and another on the 6th.June so am waiting with anticipation as I am assuming that neither will go ahead.We have booked a number of holidays with them in the past however will not be booking anymore given the opportunity.Cheers Pauline

John Hackettasked

I was looking at booking a trip but concerned about bad publicity recently.
If we book how are we gauranteed we dont finnish in a slum like others

Tali S.
Tali S.

Hi John,

To be honest, we booked with cruise 1st in the past and we did not have any trouble with the trip. I guess that my suggestion to you is to book quickly a deal, pay and receive confirmation of booking and make sure the payment is done. I was upset because they published non existing fare.
Hope it helped

Vickie v.

I have booked with them before and had no trouble too, but that was because there was no trouble. The minute there was a problem, that’s when their systems go to pieces and their care and concern goes out the window

John Hackett

Thanks going no where now

John Hackettasked

I was looking at booking a trip but concerned about bad publicity recently.
If we book how are we gauranteed we dont finnish in a slum like others

Anne H
Anne H

Hi John just came back from a 26 day trip. The Barcelonia hotel was Barcelonia Colonial $247 a night and the Rome Hotel was the Venetia $187 but new owners wanted to renovate so we were transferred to the Royal next door same quality both with buffet breakfast. Last year Rome was same hotel and China same quality around 3.5 star. no problems with booking do a bit of research and contact them if any queries they all ways emailed me that they had received my ?? and contacted me within 24hrs. Prices are great e.g last cruise for airfares, 21day(9 and 12 day cruises) cruise, gratuities and hotels was $4,400 people from UK paid 2,000 pounds for first 9day cruise alone.

John bederasked

How do you get a refund of $347.00 from cruise 1st of the transfer doesnt happen because he didn't show.

Vickie v.

Good luck with that John. I am trying to get $19,000 of 2 cancelled trips off them and they will not answer calls or emails

Peter Kowitz
Peter Kowitz

Hi Vicki
With lots and lots of emails we managed so far to get back $7900 but still a short fall of$6000. The thing I feel is not right is that on Cruise1st website under manage your booking that this page is now unavailable. Just before I got some money back I took a photo of the money that was sitting in my account under my CRA no and it said there was $9700 credit .a couple of days later I received $7900 ???? And now the page is unavailable?????.
I’m more then happy to discuss our situation with anyone who wants to talk. I think it’s disgusting service. They aren’t accepting calls
My mobile number is. 0457035316

Gay B.
Gay B.asked

I do not have a question, I would just like to thank all you folk who have taken the time to put a review up re Cruise 1st. This has helped me 100% make my mind up NOT to book a cruise with them, which I was about to do, however I thought maybe I should research some reviews first. Seems it has saved me a lot of heartache. Many thanks. Gay Bennett

Yes Gary, dodged a bullet

Lynno
Lynnoasked

Has anyone been given an Airline Booking number only to find that it doesn' exist when trying to select seats and add FF number?

Richard Litjens
Richard Litjensasked

My name is Richard Litjens.
I have booked a trip with you.
Booking reference number CRA-64737
Cruise Specialist Sam Tropiano
I need to cancel trip due to unforeseen circumstance. Disappointed but have no option.
Please advise me on the procedure to follow with respect to cancellation and cancellation fee.
I have paid initial deposit of $1,017.56.
Waiting on your response.

Regards Richard Litjens

Brian Cole
Brian Cole

Cruise 1st would have sent you a document called Important Information and booking terms. Cancellation requirements are covered in this document.

Vickie v.

How did you go with all this Richard

Peg McMillanasked

Hi All, leeks, lots of positive and negative reviews. At this stage we have booked and paid for our trip. 14 November to 15 December 2019. Mediterranean and Caribbean Cruise (with Milan and Montreal and New Year thrown in) Yes there have been some differences from our other travels, transfers to and from airports, trains, accommodation but when I sent an email to our contact person (Michael Moore) he got in touch and we got a quote with alternatives. I am hoping this is a great trip, not necessarily the best season to be cruising in these areas but with a bit of lucky weather we will be right. Anyone else out there doing the same trip as us?

John G.
John G.

I hope all works out good for you. After we paid our money to Cruise 1st the support stopped. They didn't answer a phone msg left but did reply to an email. Only to tell us they couldn't help us and said to go to another website. Won't use them again.

Peg McMillan

Thanks John, I have my fingers crossed. Our flight times keep changing.......

Chris D.
Chris D.asked

What is the name of the owners of Cruise1 and do you have an e-mail address for them

yvonne
yvonne

email enquiries@cruise1st.com.au don't know owners phone 1800 633 300

Kathy B.
Kathy B.

You can email to feedback@cruise1st.com.au or call the team leader Sam on 03 84887851
Hope it helps !

Ellener
Ellenerasked

Anyone out there going on the Cruise1st holiday from Sydney 13/10/19 to Milan for 2 days, rail to Genoa 17/10 and MSC Cruise from Genoa starting 18/10 to Durban South Africa finishing 16/11/19, A night in Durban then to Kruger National Park for 3 days. We have already experienced flight problems and extra costs incurred over and above the price quoted. Anyone else having problems with this Fly/stay/Cruise/Stay/Fly home holiday???? Audrey W

twobytwoasked

We paid since Feb 2019 for our Hainan Warriors tour and cruise on Quantam in Japan. The Chinese visa cannot be issued until cruise1st gives us the hotel details and the flight PNR times and ticket numbers. We have made multiple requests to no avail. I have to fly to Sydney on the 14th May to get the flight to Hainan China paid for in this package. Has anyone found this problem in the past in getting information to obtain Chinese Visa??? from Cruise1st ??? Do they always do this and leave it till the very last minute to forward details????

twobytwoasked

Just booked Hanian Island with Walls Warriors tours May 15 2019. There are 4 optional tours which they charge extra if you want to do them. Going on a rickshaw in Beijing(75.au), Era acrobatic show in Shanghai {$90. au), and a few others. Do they return you back to your hotel after the tour?? Or do have to find your own way home. Are the tours worth the extra money? What is the tour Company name that cruise1st uses??? We were told "United Journeys" but we cannot find any reviews about them nor their existence???

twobytwo

I asked exactly the same questions to Cruise1st and still no answer re the tours and return to hotel????? Was told United journeys are only speaking to travel agents so it appears they are unavailable on line to us . As I have been unable to find United Journey,s on line my self and no answer re above , good luck getting answers

Richard
Richard

If you cannot find out details from Cruise1st then don't book go to another agent.

Other Booking Comparison-Only Services