Cuisinart Nut and Spice SG-10A

Cuisinart Nut and Spice SG-10A

See the Best Coffee Grinders / Roasters in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Cuisinart

2.6

cuisinart

This is a replacement and am I glad to have it! Well done on the turnaround to myself on receiving the order, first rate. The Cuisinart grinds really quite small and is super fast. I have found that you have to use it in small bursts, about 10 seconds otherwise the motor can be a bit iffy.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
    Anna
    AnnaMelbourne

At least it's still working

Date PurchasedJune 2017
    Kori Sanderson
    Kori SandersonMandurah

Can't cut the mustard

We have just thrown out our second one. We liked this for it's size to grind fresh spices in very small qty's (so they're fresh) and chop small amounts of herbs. This is why we gave the product a second chance. Went to use it after no use for months and no problem on last use. Just would not fire. Can't pull it apart to examine as it's put together with triangle head screws. its not worth having someone look at it & is past warranty. Disappointed and feel ripped off. These are lemons. Don't buy. I now would not buy any of their other products either.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
    jray
    jraySydney, NSW

This product worked well for a few months, but then the motor konked out

This product ground up nuts and oats to a meal-like consistency. It worked well for a few months, but then the motor konked out. The grinder would often automatically cut out when the motor overheated, which is a good thing to stop it from overheating too much. I also used it to grind up vegetables a few times. I bought it 2nd hand on eBay, and picked it up locally.

I would not recommend this as it doesn't blend to a flour consistency. It is a blender, not a grinder, the name is misleading.

I would probably buy this (in fact, I intend to, pending the shipping cost estimate): http://nutbuttergrinder.com

Date PurchasedMay 2014
    Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Find out how Cuisinart Nut and Spice SG-10A compares to other Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Geoff T
    Geoff TSydney, NSW

Poorly Engineered

The instructions advise up to 30 second runtime for various nuts and spices. Imagine the surpise when I tested it with something as soft as rolled oats, bowl half filled and after 30 seconds the motor over heated. Left it to cool down and after 25 seconds the motor over heated. This is a prime example of inadequately designed motor. Pity its the most important part. The internet in general reveals this as commonplace, yet unwary purchasers continue to buy. Hopefully this might save someone else some dollars.
    Removable bowl