Breville Coffee & Spice BCG200

MPNs: 1016, BCG200 and BCG200BSS

Carlos
CarlosAU

Not made to last

I could not even grind one lot of beans. Filled to the max line and it went for 10 to 15 second befor it stopped and started to smell very odd.

Purchased in May 2021 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $59.00.

Mazharul I.
Mazharul I.Sydney, NSW

Broken just after 1 year!

I bought this product from goodguys on 25/7/19 and broken just after 1 year which is the default warranty period! Do they make it for 1 year (found similar experience from others)?

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $44.95.

BillMelbourne

12 months and blew up!

Was working nicely for dry spices and ingredients like ginger and galangal. Just after 12 months it stopped a few times as if the grinder was jammed. Today the motor started smoking and died. It was easy to use and clean but disappointed with its short life. Have now bought a semi commercial grinder from Nisbets. Fingers crossed.

Purchased in September 2018 for $50.00.

Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Find out how Breville Coffee & Spice BCG200 compares to other Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Nirbas B.
Nirbas B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect grinder

We can adjust the thickness of the grounded powder. This machine comecomed with an easy clean, removable stainless steel bowl to minimise flavour transfer between ingredients, while delivering freshly ground coffee, herbs and spices in seconds. Strongly recommend.

Joseph LeetonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Small but powerful

Despite its small size this little gem works well. We use it to ground spices and it never fails. Easy to use and clean, plus a small footprint on our limited work space. Very reasonable price.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Best coffee machines in 2020!

The awards for best coffee machines (manual/semi-automatic, capsule/coffee pod and fully automatic) of 2020 are here! View in-depth ratings for different aspects of the coffee machine, such as Milk Frothing and Cleaning & Maintenance.

Wendy Z.5 Nov 2019
best-coffee-machines-in-2020
Jen
JenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for grinding herbs

This affordable and compact unit quickly and easily turns my dried herbs into fine powders. Easy to clean too, though the plastic lid is prone to trapping a bit of water.

Purchased in December 2019 at David Jones.

annazianna
annaziannaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good so far, touch wood

I've had very mixed experiences with Breville to put it politely and so I am pleased to say that this new spice grinder appears to be working well so far. However I've probably only used it for a month and so the real test will be how long it lasts. I would still probably recommend the Cuisinart one over this one though (my Cuisinart broke down recently after 3 years) because that one grinds pepper into a finer powder.

Director
DirectorBrisbane

Was good while it lasted.

Bought this item in November 2017 and unlike some other Breville products apparently this one only has a 12 month warranty. It didn't get used too much, maybe a dozen times or so and was always cleaned and didn't get wet. Was only used to grind spices for curry so didn't even have to handle hard coffee beans. Today it seized up completely with smoke coming out of the bottom and everything. Not happy.

Edit: After writing this review I dismantled the unit and it looks like there is a seal underneath the hopper coupling that has cracked allowing the rotor shaft to move out of position and lockup. I gave the rotor shaft a push which freed it up and the unit works again but without the seal I can't say for how long.

Purchased in November 2017 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $49.90.

FreshGal
FreshGal

Perfect and so easy to use

I’ve had this grinder for years now and think it’s wonderful. From grinding peppercorns to grinding coffee beans, it’s the jack of all trades. My only bugbear is how hard it can be to clean without hurting your fingers

Purchased in January 2015 at Myer for $45.00.

OMWH12
OMWH12Melbourne

Love it!

We bought this grinder to replace our beloved Krupps grinder. We were hesitant at first because we thought a burr grinder would be better, but this was MUCH cheaper and surpassed our expectations.

It's not too loud, and it grinds coffee perfectly for a really good cup. It's easy to clean and doesn't take up much space on a benchtop. Recommended.

Purchased in June 2019 at Myer.

JRT
JRTVictoria

Very happy with this product

Despite the average overall reviews from users, I am very happy with this product. Has a good capacity, grinds very evenly for a blade-type grinder. There are no corners in the grinding chamber for the grounds to get stuck, making it easy to clean as well. Been using nearly every day for a year and it shows no sign of failure or wear. The cord storage at the bottom isn't ideal, but it isn't terrible either - can still store the unit neatly in the cupboard. Good value for money.

Purchased in August 2018 for $50.00.

Katherine R.
Katherine R.

Good for the price.

I use this for milling/blending things like linseed, pumpkin seed, and sesame. It is ideal for slicing up small seeds like this, in a way my food processor is not.
It is recommended that you mill plain white rice between usage of aromatic or oily seeds. This works well, but I do wish Breville would occasionally make a product that has dishwasher safe components, because it is time-consuming to clean.

Purchased in June 2019 at Noel Leeming Physical store for $49.99.

Sam
SamSydney, NSW

Great product

This is a great product. Very easy to grind my spices and coffee beans. Easy to store. Very cute size. Not very expensive. Never had any problem. Have been using since 4 years.

Purchased in June 2015 at Myer for $49.95.

smoynihan
smoynihanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very limited lifetime

Didn't last very long, less than 2 years before I could smell burning plastic coming from the motor and it stopped working. Would happily pay double for something that can last 10 years.

Purchased in July 2017 at The Good Guys for $50.00.

Elly
EllyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good for coffee, not powerful enough

I bought the first Breville BCG200 and used it for almost two months, till it broke suddenly, fortunately the good guys replace it with the second one. Then I grind cloves, and it jammed and stop working, but in store it starts working again.
Overalls it has good quality for this price. it doesn’t work very well for spices. Maybe the should change the title to just coffee grinder

Date PurchasedJuly 2018