Breville the Smart Grinder Pro BCG820BSS

4.3

Sandra P.
Sandra P.Sydney, NSW

Good repeatable results

I’ve been getting very good repeatable results from this grinder, fine enough for espresso with a programmable timer. Cleaning is very easy too with the magnetic removable tray. Only negative is there is a lot of static buildup if you use the container, not a big problem for me as I’m grinding into a portafilter most of the time.

Purchased in August 2020 at Amazon for $249.00.

niko87
niko87Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rubbish

Very inconsistent grinding, I usually set it on "6" for espresso, some days the coffee is too fine thus brew doesn't 'yield' proper amount of coffee and at other times the coffee is too coarse so the 'yield' is way too much! This also results in bad tasting coffee. I don't know if I have a, faulty machine but I have emailed breville over a month ago and I am still waiting for a response. What is worse the 'sound' of the grinder when coffee is, grinding is also inconsistent sometimes more loud sometimes less which makes me believe this is the reason of the coarseness inconsistency.

Purchased at The Good Guys.

Tayfun Tuna
Tayfun Tuna

Great grinder

I’m not a pro, but an enthusiast. I’m now trying different beans every time to get my coffee right. This machine allows me to fine tune my coffee grounding process.

Very sleek too.

Purchased in December 2020 at The Good Guys for $199.00.

Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Find out how Breville the Smart Grinder Pro BCG820BSS compares to other Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Pottering11
Pottering11Perth, WA

Efficient and easy to use - lots of control to produce a perfect grind

Purchased in January 2021 at Harvey Norman Online for $227.00.

Mike W
Mike WPerth, WA

Does what it suppose to do

Great grinder. Variable speed, effective and functional. Finally a grinder that works. This replaced my kitchenaid so called coffee grinder. It’s use to use. Easy operation with the press of a button and very effective. Finally a product does what it states it does. The KitchenAid grinders in the bin!!

Purchased in December 2020 at Harvey Norman Online for $229.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Best coffee machines in 2020!

The awards for best coffee machines (manual/semi-automatic, capsule/coffee pod and fully automatic) of 2020 are here! View in-depth ratings for different aspects of the coffee machine, such as Milk Frothing and Cleaning & Maintenance.

Wendy Z.5 Nov 2019
best-coffee-machines-in-2020
Mike W
Mike WGladstone

Next model: Smart Grinder Pro is great for home use

Coffee snobs were saying you have to spend a lot more for a good grinder, but I realised that you don't have to spend thousands to make espresso at home.
This is a great grinder still within a price range that is realistic for a home appliance.
I got it to complement a Breville Duo Temp coffee machine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Will
WillAustralia

Brilliant little grinder!

Have heard a lot about this grinder and so finally took the plunge last month when it was on sale. My old grinder was a manual one with only grind size settings, and so I became accustomed to using that. The Smart Grinder Pro made things a lot more easier as I can just leave the Group Head on the bracket and walk away while preparing other things. Just like every other machine, it takes a while to get used to the settings and find the optimum setting for your coffee grind. But once you do, it's good times. Note that it's quite loud however.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
IronMaiden
IronMaidenBowral

Breville Smart Grinder Pro

I had a Sunbeam Cafe Series grinder and it used to spew ground coffee powder all over the counter, the Breville seems to produce little powder, the controls are easy to use and adjust the grind to what ever you are doing your brewing, the results are consistent and I have had no problems. The noise is not too bad, what can you expect with a grinder.

Date PurchasedJan 2016