D-Link AC750 DSL-2875AL

MPN: DSL2875AL

1.6

eelcat

eelcat

I've never had a problem.

I'm somewhat surprised at all the negative reviews this has received. We bought ours about 4 years ago and from the start it was easy to set up (the only time I haven't had to ring Telstra for assistance) and the speed is better than some of our previous modems and as I said it's been running smoothly for around 4 years.
    After reading these reviews I feel as though I was one of the lucky ones to get a good modem. I know this review isn't going to convince people to buy this model, and I probably won't either once I need a replacement unless I can get one exactly the same as the one I have now.
    The only complaint I have is that the reset button doesn't work.

Date PurchasedAug 2013

90% drop outs; causing countless missed deadlines and lost job applications

Date PurchasedNov 2016
    Dave V

Dave VBrisbane

Opens up to CSRF dns hi-jack attacks when ADSL line state is reset

Date PurchasedJul 2014
    Routers

Find out how D-Link AC750 DSL-2875AL compares to other Routers

SpeedNetSurfing

SpeedNetSurfingPort Macquarie

Still the same opinion!

A all-round bad product

Complicated set up, poorly worded instructions. Randomly connected and disconnected things. After 15 hours of trying to make it work, I took it back! I will never buy D-Link again.

Constant Dropouts

I wish I had read these reviews before buying this unit, which was recommended by Harvey Norman. Multiple daily dropouts from the first day. After nagging my ISP about it for weeks, thinking it was their fault, they eventually gave me one of their modems to try. Problem immediately solved, with better WiFi range as well.

Very disappointing product.

Stephan

StephanHobart, Tasmania

Do not buy this modem - you will regret it

I bought this model modem about three months ago now. At first it worked quite well but that appears to be because I was only using it connected to my laptop. I started using it for some serious wireless work and connections started dropping out. I discovered that the most recent firmware for the product is like April LAST YEAR. Three weeks elapsed and last night the connection just totally flamed out. Hard reset, three reflashes, all the connection options, red light - I've looked at the forums and it appears I'm not Robinson Crusoe. By buy D Link, hello new modem.

Piece of cr@p

Worked okay (only okay not great) for a month or two and now it drops out every minute or so. Its off more than its on. Done all the troubleshooting techniques with no improvements. The store (JB hifi) wont give a refund after 30 days so now i'm going to get sent another one of these from the manufacturer. Very frustrating indeed.

Terribly Unreliable.

I need to write this review quickly; I dont know how long this DSL 2874AL will remain connected. My experience of this product is the same as other one or two star reviewers here.

Routers

Find out how D-Link AC750 DSL-2875AL compares to other Routers

Quite possibly the worst modem ever made

This thing is terrible. It can't stay up for 24 hours without requiring a reset, which may or may not fix things. Devices randomly can't connect either via wifi or ethernet, or can connect to the net but can't connect to the modem page (which is bizarre). Devices randomly can't see other things on the network.

Before anyone thinks I've just got a lemon, I returned it to DLink and they sent out a new one - which had the same exact problems. Piece of junk.

Terrible as!

Replaced a netcomm wireless n with this AC router and i am so disappointed...... (lost of connection, cannot get ip addresses for some devices, poor range.......) I am bringing it back today.....

Useless

Manual says no wifi password when new, would not connect. Login and password via network hard connect also failed. Tried the hard reset multiple times and still no good. Useless and never worked.

Yoshi

YoshiPERTH

Bad Product

I bought this modem router. This modem can not keep connection. and some my devices can not obtain IP address sometimes. I tried relocate & firmware update. But still same problem. D-Link support said just hardware reset & relocate or disabling auto channel scan and try different channels. It can not solve the problem. I replied E-mail. But they did not answer. So I bought an apple Airport Express with modem. It's completely no probelm! I should not buy D-Link never ever!

Cristian

CristianYarrawarra

Terrible product

I recently bought this router to replace an old netcomm router. I have had no end of trouble with this router, and support from dlink is non-existent. This router does not hold a config or connections, its unreliable to the extreme and not meeting my needs at all. I'm very disappointed and really just want to have a reliable internet connection.
    When it works, its very fast
    Bad firmware release or something because its virtually impossible to maintain reliable connectivity for over a couple of days at a time.