D-Link AC1900 Viper DSL-2900AL

D-Link AC1900 Viper DSL-2900AL

MPN: DSL2900AL

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Mick Winner

Mick WinnerCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

D-LINK AC1900 VIPER

The Dlink Viper DSL 2900AL is rubbish have had my second one go on me lost all internet and WIFI only got 2 years out of each one lucky there is a 3 year warranty on it and no wonder they stopped making them biggest piece of **** they ever made now going to try a Dlink AC2600 router modem hope i get better product this time or will be hell to pay lol

Purchased in April 2017 at Officeworks for $245.00.

Number of Connected Devices 9 devices
Wi-Fi Range
Reliability

Peunda

PeundaAU

Really good bang for buck

Even though I purchased this on clearance from Officeworks, it worked perfectly out of the box. The UI is very simple making it easy to navigate for not so tech-savvy users. I haven't had any issues so far besides the one time when a couple days ago my internet just cut out for 30 minutes or so before it turned itself back on.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Mapa

MapaMelbourne

Great value for router

My modem (cheap) literally exploded the other week after using it for 5 years. Ended up getting this beauty with a built-in Modem/Router. Super easy to setup and the wifi is super quick as well. Signal strength is the best I have found to cover our large home and cater for sometimes 8+ wifi devices.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Seeko

SeekoSydney

Decent but outdated. Has its flaws.

Purchased this model whilst on clearance from Officeworks. User interface is relatively simple and the built-in wizard makes setting up the device pretty easy. As noted from other users, it has issues with its WiFi stability, especially its 5.0ghz connection. The initial model purchased was returned and replaced with a brand new model and had less issues than the one before, but still annoying to have had to replace it.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

DavidDMelbourne

Decent but not worth its RRP

The claims made against this product may want to make you buy it but once you have used it for a few years it does not live up to its claims. My ISP provided modem which is a Netgear CG3000v2 out performs this device when it comes to range and speed. The modem also lacks many advance features which makes it annoying for server administration. The device also gets really hot as well, so bad that there is a heat sink sitting on top of it.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

SirCam

SirCamSydney

Good bit of kit.

Excellent modem/router. It has good heat dissipation due to the vent at the top. The set-up software is great and easy to use. Has many features and being able to log in and view what devices are logged in is great. It's also NBN ready so you can buy this whilst using ADSL and if you move or get switched over to NBN, it will still work. I would buy this again.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Sharree

SharreePerth, WA

A good product that does the job!

Purchased this higher priced and high powered modem for my home ADSL as I had a few issues with WiFi reception in certain areas, this modem fixed those issues and it hasn't missed a beat. The cylindrical design is ok, but I prefer the lower flatter modem that are easier to hide on a shelf. Everyone asks me if this is a 'coffee grinder' when they see it!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

owen3134

owen3134Brisbane

Good Modem

Bought this to replace our old Telstra BIGPOND THOMSON modem that failed after about 7 years of use. The Viper is a very stylist looking modem and has the capability to match it. It was easy to setup, the signal is strong and we had no problems with it so far.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Shane

ShaneVictoria

Best Modem

Best modem I ever owned easy to setup great if you have 15 odd wifi products to connect to it. Recently just upgraded to the nbn so I got rid of it really miss it. Highly recomend this modem over many others I have tried out. Comes with built in tiers so you can allocate bandwidth

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Benny T

Benny TPerth

Perfect for adsl, non nbn compatible despite what the box says.

I bought the d link viper with the thought in mind that it's nbn compatible as I was in a rollout area.
Well I switched to nbn and guess what, because I'm fibre to the node this modem doesn't work at all with nbn and has no nbn port.
With that aside I scored it a 4 because for adsl it's amazing!!!
Wish it worked on my nbn...

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Maximus

MaximusCanberra 2600, ACT

Easiest router i have ever set up

The best router i have ever used - no need for discs, easy install and my network/internet was up and running within 5minutes. Strong signal and has not dropped out yet for 24hours. Will report back if not good after using it for a few weeks. If you don't hear from me, then it means the viper is working as expected.

EDIT: Almost one month soon, router has been working non stop downloading all my xbox games for two weeks and not a single drop off. This router is proving to be extremely reliable.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Ty L

Ty L

A nice upgrade

Got this modem/router in boxing day sale.

Was looking for a decent upgrade from my original Telstra modem as it just wasn't coping with all our data hungry devices.

Got this unit on special at a fairly decent discount from Jb and at this early stage was well worth the money. So far it's only being used as our modem and is handling a pc, 3 tablets, 2 phones and 2 smart TV's easily. Streaming netflicks is much better with this modem with no drop outs or buffering when other users are using the internet.

All in all, happy with this!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Kecka

KeckaVictoria

Not worth the money

Unfortunately I purchased this unit today and after spending half the day trying to set up the wifi I sort help from my current provider who after spending over 2hours with me on the other end unable to get any internet to load on the device. We gave up and my main concern was with how hot the unit got, it could be a fire fish, I am hopefully going to return it and get a refund but I don't like my chances from this company.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Cosgrove

CosgroveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Decent upgrade

AdamBrisbane

Think twice

Adam

Update:
- Default Wifi Password is recorded on serial sticker on bottom of device.
- Have contacted D Link via email support with dropout problem.

Adam

Update:
- Connection Dropouts - Fixed?. Clear all default settings for DSL Modulation and set to ADSL2+ only. 24hrs no drop outs! DSL can be found at Settings>>Internet>>DSL.

Adam

Update: A month on and no dropout issues.

Harry Zhang

Harry ZhangAU

It does everything better than I expected

Peter

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best modem/router combination I have encountered so far

Date PurchasedDec 2014