Dairy Farmers Bornhoffen

4.3

Peter Anich

Peter AnichFar North Queensland, QLD

Bornhoffen Natural Yoghurt works

I too, agree 100% with Pipp's review of Bornhoffen Natural yoghurt. It works. I never considered the price as a factor. I am intolerant of normal dairy, with bloating and IBS like symptoms, but thrive on Bornhoffen Natural yoghurt and A2. Please reinstate such a great product. It always sold at our supermarket. We were not always able to buy it, so there must be demand. Regards, Peter Anich

Purchased at Woolworths Physical store for A$7.00.

Pipp

PippNorth Queensland, QLD

Bring back Bornhoffen yoghurt!! Its medicinal!!!

Purchased at Woolworths Physical store for A$7.00.

Ems

EmsSydney, NSW

Best yoghurt in Australia no longer sold?

Bornhoffen has been almost impossible to find for months, have just done a bit of searching and discovered Dairy Farmers (actually owned by Japan’s Lion Dairy and in 2019 sold to China Mengniu Dairy) are no longer making it?

Such a shame: it was the absolute best yoghurt you could buy.

Now getting Chris‘ Greek Style yoghurt which is not as good but the second best.

Being Australian owned hopefully it will at least be around a while longer.

Purchased in October 2019 at IGA for A$7.00.

John HCanberra Central 2602, ACT

Why discontinue Bornhoffen?

This was excellent yoghurt. There is no comparable yoghurt available, so far as I can ascertain.

Purchased in June 2019 at IGA for A$6.00.

irene

ireneSydney, NSW

best yoghurt

I took bornhoffen when my oesophagus played and and my breathing improved within 10 minutes, I also took it with antiobotics as sometimes antiobotics make you feel heavy on the chest - I just cannot believe it has been taken off the market. The acidophoulis in the yogurt is the best - I tried the tablets and they did not work - other brands of yogurt do NOT work.

Purchased in April 2018 at Woolworths for A$6.00.

John Robin

John RobinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely was best yoghurt on the market.

I've stopped buying yoghurt since it was discontinued. Please bring back or let me know if there is any other way of purchasing it again.

Purchased in January 2018 at Woolworths for A$6.00.

Didi

DidiSydney, NSW

The best yoghurt

Bornhoffenis is the best yoghurt I have ever tried, PLEASE bring it back on market

Purchased in September 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for A$7.00.

The best yogurt ever

The best yogurt by far bring it back or I will stop using any other dairy farmers products

Purchased in June 2019 at Coles for A$7.15.

Bronhoffer yoghurt

This was by far the best yoghurt on the market. Please bring it back and promote it so it sells.

Purchased at IGA.

Ann

AnnSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Bornhoffen yoghurt is/was the best

I have been searching lots of supermarkets now for months for my favourite yoghurt and have only just discovered that it has been discontinued! I have been buying it since it came on the market - it was the best. How to replace it????

Adriaan

AdriaanSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

The best

Have used Bornhoffen for zonks - now it is unavailable - why????????
There is no similar alternative.

Purchased in August 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for A$6.50.

Bring back Bornhoffen

Always been my favourite. Only choice unless it was out of stock.

Lorraine

LorraineSydney, NSW

bornhoffen yogurt

Lion have discontinued the production and many Australian consumers are unhappy about this. It is the best yogurt for those that suffer with guy issues. Please call Lion on 1800 677 852 and ask them to put it back on the marketing line.

Purchased in July 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for A$7.15.

JessD

JessDSydney, NSW

Bring back Bornhoffen

This is truly the best yoghurt on the market. Tasty, just enough sour and perfect texture plus all the right live cultures. No other yoghurt compares please bring it back.

Purchased in July 2019 at Coles for A$7.00.

Joanna Nicklin

Joanna NicklinSouth East Queensland, QLD

This is perfect We can't live without it

I have scoured all the local stores to find this product, but have failed . On enquiring I have universally been told it has been deleted.
Please could you re instate it

Purchased in August 2019.

Ellai

EllaiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bring back bornhoffen

I have been trying different shops for months trying to find this yoghurt as it is the best ever. I've just found this review string and I'm very sad. I'm going to give them a call that's for sure.

Purchased in July 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for A$7.00.

Simon

Simon

Pufffff......

I just can 't believe it is not in production now, the best yoghurt by far in Australia !?!?!? :(((((

They have heaps of average ones,but cmon guys, there can only be one that is the best - Bornhoffen,so,bring it back,pleeeeese !

Purchased in September 2019 at Coles for A$7.30.

Bornhoffen yogurt is the best on the market. Please bring it back

Unable to buy Bornhoffen yogurt because it has been discontinued. have been having it for breakfast for years because it is so much nicer and healthier than Greek style yogurt

Purchased in August 2019 at SPAR.

Peter

PeterSydney, NSW

Why discontinued?

This is the best tasting healthy yoghurt sold in Australia and to my disbelief it appears it’s been discontinued by Dairy Farmers! Is this the worst ever decision by an Australian food company?

Purchased at Balmain for A$7.00.

Polly

PollyIllawarra, NSW

I am totally lost. Please reinstate Borhoffen

Best yoghurt ever WHY ON EARTH did they stop production. None of the other yoghurt compare.
I have tried so many other yoghurts.None of them come even close on tasting like European yoghurt

Purchased in September 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for A$7.15.

Pipp

Pippasked

For months now, I was under the impression that it was the supermarkets that didnt stock Bornhoffen Acidophilus Yoghurt anymore. But only today after reading other reviews, did I realize that it has been discontinued??!!!
Never have I been so disheartened at the discontinuation of a product :( Since my mother introduced our family to this pure. sugar free and delicious yoghurt years ago, I have never consumed any other. And since I changed brands, due to to not being able to find Bornhoffen on the shelves anymore, I have given up trying to find a replacement brand....because there just ISNT ONE. I mean, if anybody knows of a yoghurt that has the exact bacteria and ratios as Bornhoffen yoghurt, would you kindly post a review to let me know?? That yoghurt is the ONLY yoghurt that actually heals severe IBS symptoms, and keeps bowels healthy and regular. Every other brand only makes symptoms worse wirh even MORE bloating. What can I do or how much do I need to pay, in order to get this product back on the shelves?? I am even willing to pay much more than it was initially priced for, and would do anything to promote it!! WHY stop producing HEALTHY for other companies to sell disguised sugar with pretty packaging??!!

John H

I received the following email, dated 20 February 2020, in response to an email of mine sent to consumers@lionco.com

*********************
I regret to advise you that unfortunately, this product was recently deleted from our product range.

However, I will pass on your comments to our Marketing Department about the possibility of this product being returned. We hope that if there is enough interest, our Sales Department may be able to discuss the possibility of reintroducing it into the market.

Thank you once again for your valued comments.

Kind Regards,

Consumer Enquiry Centre
<name deleted>
***********************

Lorraine Masked

ATTN ALL BORNHOFFEN LOVERS: I rang Dairy Farmers on 1800 677 852 to confirm that because of lack of demand they no longer make this product. We know that the big supermarkets manipulate the market and have been putting it on the bottom shelf for ages before it disappeared, citing lack of demand. Please ring Dairy Farmers (they dont keep your waiting long on the phone - maybe 5 minutes) and request that they begin to make the product again. They need to know there is a demand for the best yoghurt. Email them constantly and let's get that product back into production. Ask at Woolies and Coles and IGA every time you go there. Ring them, email them .....let's get production going again. Inundate Dairy Famers with calls, emails, letters, personal visits etc.

Lorraine M

I had a response from Dairy Farmers who said if there was enough interest they would look at reinstating product of Bornhoffen Yoghurt. Please keep up the pressure on Dairy Farmers/Lion

Freya

Freyaasked

I am really upset that the healthiest yoghurt in its pure form and also the best-tasting - has been replaced with so-called yoghurts that contain sugared and carbohydrate (eg rice flour) additives. Its the corollary to soft drinks versus water. Why do we have to flood the market with cheap and nasty inferior products?