Dairy Farmers Bornhoffen

Dairy Farmers Bornhoffen

See the Best Yoghurts in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Dairy Farmers? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Laura G.
Laura G.South East Queensland, QLD

Bring back this wonderful stuff

My dad brought me up on this religiously , I had tummy troubles as a kid and this stuff is magic. I liked the strawberry one and I wish I could get it now. It helps if you take antibiotics instead of having to buy a $25 bottle of probiotics. Please please bring it back

Marilyn
MarilynSydney, NSW

I'll give my first born to have it back!

That yoghurt made my gut sing! I felt good inside like a giggly girl on a swing. Bornhoffen is dead. Long live Bornhoffen yoghurt! Always the good that die young....

Purchased in February 2018.

Please bring me back!

Please bring back this yogurt - nothing else on the supermarket shelves comes close and I will happily pay the price for the high quality product. Natural and Apricot were my favorite.

Purchased in November 2019.

A. F. H.
A. F. H.South East Queensland, QLD

Unadulterated acidophilus yoghurt

Bornhoffen yoghurt tastes pure, without added sugar or other flavours. Perfect for those of us who dislike or are intolerant of sugar and it's effects on the heart and other organs. So where can I purchase this now?!

Purchased in November 2019 at Woolworths Physical store.

Bornhoffen lover
Bornhoffen loverBelconnen 2617, ACT

Bornhoffen yoghurt

Bornhoffen natural yoghurt - I miss you. I miss how we started the day together. I looked for you everywhere. To no avail. Woolworths say you're temporarily unavailable. But I'm reconciling myself to the fact that you are gone. You were the best yoghurt ever. Goodbye my morning friend. I wish you would come back. A life without you is just not the same.

Susannah Birch
Susannah BirchDarling Downs, QLD

Miss this Aussie staple.

I grew up with the Strawberry & Honey Bornhoffen yoghurt and I've still never found one quite as good. The closest I've found was the Tamar Valley Apple & Pear Yoghurt (which has also since been discontinued). Bornhoffen had a great flavour sweet/sour flavour for people who didn't like the sickly sweet and processed tastes of most modern yoghurts, and it was healthy, too. Would love to see this classic return to the shelves in all its original flavours.

Purchased at Woolworths.

Lee
LeeRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Bornhoffen Yoghurt saved my life over 25 years ago

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.14 Feb 2022
Lila
LilaSydney, NSW

Tastes great, good for gut bacteria

This product helped me build good bacteria in my gut. It tasted great too. I would eat it every day. It’s so hard to find now. I hope it returns to the supermarket shelves.

Purchased in February 2018 at Coles.

Julie
JulieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Please put this product back on the shelves it is missed.

Miss this wholesome product, I am one of many who would still be buying it for my family if I could, wha I have done is tried to find the closest possible taste. Not the same though.

Harmony Walsh.
Harmony Walsh.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Very disapointed its been discontinued.

No other yogurt tastes as good or is as pure. Other yogurts pander to the lolly brigade. Bornhoffen is as close to real yogurt as you can get. It is real yogurt. Please bring it back. I no longer eat yogurt and I have been having it for breakfast and using it in cooking for many years. My life has changed for the worst since you took it off the market. All my children used it and were bringing their children up on it. There is enough rubbish yogurt on the market. Bring back the good stuff please.

Jules
Jules

Best yoghurt I have ever tasted

This yoghurt has a great smooth texture. It does not curdle in cooking, even in Indian curries and it makes the best lassis and raita. Contrasts nicely with berries.
Settles stomach - keeps your gut healthy!

Purchased in January 2015 at Woolworths for $4.50.

Very un happy with Dairy Farmers

I am interested in the reason behind ceasing production of Bornhoffen and Cottage Cheese? The ONLY yogurt worth living for and the best Cottage Cheese, gone? Why? Greed again?

myredcar
myredcarSouth East Queensland, QLD

30 years can't be wrong

Hi I want it back to, my Coles discontinued it, then finally my local IGA discontinued it, I had been using it for 40 years (I was very young). I weigh the same as I did 30 years ago. I have not been sick for about a decade or longer. I want it back.

Purchased at IGA.

Peter Anich
Peter AnichFar North Queensland, QLD

Bornhoffen Natural Yoghurt works

I too, agree 100% with Pipp's review of Bornhoffen Natural yoghurt. It works. I never considered the price as a factor. I am intolerant of normal dairy, with bloating and IBS like symptoms, but thrive on Bornhoffen Natural yoghurt and A2. Please reinstate such a great product. It always sold at our supermarket. We were not always able to buy it, so there must be demand. Regards, Peter Anich

Purchased at Woolworths Physical store for $7.

Pipp
PippNorth Queensland, QLD

Bring back Bornhoffen yoghurt!! Its medicinal!!!

Purchased at Woolworths Physical store for $7.

Basil P.
Basil P.asked

is it still available?

Pipp
Pippasked

For months now, I was under the impression that it was the supermarkets that didnt stock Bornhoffen Acidophilus Yoghurt anymore. But only today after reading other reviews, did I realize that it has been discontinued??!!!
Never have I been so disheartened at the discontinuation of a product :( Since my mother introduced our family to this pure. sugar free and delicious yoghurt years ago, I have never consumed any other. And since I changed brands, due to to not being able to find Bornhoffen on the shelves anymore, I have given up trying to find a replacement brand....because there just ISNT ONE. I mean, if anybody knows of a yoghurt that has the exact bacteria and ratios as Bornhoffen yoghurt, would you kindly post a review to let me know?? That yoghurt is the ONLY yoghurt that actually heals severe IBS symptoms, and keeps bowels healthy and regular. Every other brand only makes symptoms worse wirh even MORE bloating. What can I do or how much do I need to pay, in order to get this product back on the shelves?? I am even willing to pay much more than it was initially priced for, and would do anything to promote it!! WHY stop producing HEALTHY for other companies to sell disguised sugar with pretty packaging??!!

John H
John H
Ditar E.
Ditar E.

Acidophylous yogurt is available in New Zealand. Fontera in Hamilton makes it.

Nic C
Nic C

There's hope for Bornhoffen lovers. Bega is buying out Lion Dairy (the ones who stopped making it). Maybe if we all write to Bega it will encourage them to bring back the Bornhoffen!

Lorraine Masked

ATTN ALL BORNHOFFEN LOVERS: I rang Dairy Farmers on 1800 677 852 to confirm that because of lack of demand they no longer make this product. We know that the big supermarkets manipulate the market and have been putting it on the bottom shelf for ages before it disappeared, citing lack of demand. Please ring Dairy Farmers (they dont keep your waiting long on the phone - maybe 5 minutes) and request that they begin to make the product again. They need to know there is a demand for the best yoghurt. Email them constantly and let's get that product back into production. Ask at Woolies and Coles and IGA every time you go there. Ring them, email them .....let's get production going again. Inundate Dairy Famers with calls, emails, letters, personal visits etc.

Lorraine M

I had a response from Dairy Farmers who said if there was enough interest they would look at reinstating product of Bornhoffen Yoghurt. Please keep up the pressure on Dairy Farmers/Lion

Serafina P