deferit Questions & Answers

36 questions from our users

jake t.

jake t.asked

Can I pay bills without bpay reference and just their bank details ?

Jonnydeferit

Hi Jake, we do support bank transfer bills however if you are a new customer this feature is generally only made available once you have done a few bills with us. Let us know if you have any further questions :)

Jamie H.

Jamie H.asked

Can this service be used for registration or green slip insurance

Ben J
Ben J

Yeah so long as your bill has a bpay thingo on it like most do (electric, gas, phone) it should be doable.

Barb19asked

Hello is it $5:99 per bill or $5:99 all up no matter how many bills? And if I start on say 28 for my first one will I need to pay another $5:99 on the 1st?

Jonnydeferit

Hey Barb, it's $5.99 for as many bills up to your limit! If you pay off all the bills by say the 28th (as per your example) - there will be no $5.99 fee on the 1st of the next month. Let us know if you have any further questions!

Barb19

Sorry I meant if I started tomorrow and paid my first payment + $5:99 fee would I have to pay another on the 1st of Oct or the next one on the 1st of Nov? And what is our limit for bills

Jonnydeferit

Hi Barb, no there would be no $5.99 fee on the 1st of Oct for you in that case. New customers are generally given a $300-$500 account balance. This means we can pay as many bills as you want up to your balance. Your balance increases the more you successfully use the service and go up to $2000!

Janti

Jantiasked

Hello and thanks for this great services, my question is can I pay a bill at my car service centre ( like Midas ) ?! and how if yes ?! Am a new costume, thanks

Jonnydeferit

Hi Janti - welcome as a new customer! You can use us to pay a bill for car services (like Midas) if Midas can issue you a bill with a payment option that we can pay (like BPAY). Feel free to send the invoice to our Customer Heroes via email and they can advise you whether it would be eligible :)

maurizio sangricoli

maurizio sangricoliasked

Hi my name maurizio and I use deferit but the last 4 days i can't see my bill and I like what going on please

karyn davidson

Delete your app and download again otherwise call deferit

Jonnydeferit

Hey Maurizio, sorry to hear. Can you please send us an email at contact@deferit.com.au - one of our Customer Heroes can help you with this tomorrow :) Or feel free to ring us on (02) 8417 3056 during Mon-Fri from 9 AM - 5 PM Sydney time and we can help you out.

Thank you for answer me,i fix the problem now is back normal.thanks

Dee

Deeasked

When are credit check done? Is it at the initial sign up or when you forward a bill application?

Jay L.
Jay L.

Initial signup

Neville

Nevilleasked

Can I pay for my car's registration with deferit?

I did

Jonnydeferit

Yes you can - it's an eligible bill!

dallastully
dallastully

How do you pay rego with deferit?

Erica

Ericaasked

How do I apply for increase

karyn davidson

Contact them but it normally goes up when you pay each bill off

Jonnydeferit

Hi Erica, our system will automatically increase your balance as you pay more bills with us :) If you need any assistance please email us at contact@deferit.com.au and we can help you out!

Guri

Guriasked

Hlo
Can I pay my university fees ?

Jonnydeferit

Hi Guri, it depends on the payment options which are available on the uni tuition bill. Feel free to send it through to our customer hero team at contact@deferit.com.au and they can confirm if it would be an eligible bill :)

Lars2020

Lars2020asked

Can i pay for a night in a hotel

karyn davidson

Email deferit or go to Facebook page and ask they will help answer and normally respond quickly

Jonnydeferit

Hey Lars, we don't support hotel costs as we only do bills (like electricity, gas etc). If you have any further questions, please let us know :)

Mikayla G.

Mikayla G.asked

Can I get house windows fixed with deferit?

Jonnydeferit

Hi Mikayla, if the repairer can issue an invoice it is eligible provided it has an accepted payment option like BPAY. At this stage, bank transfers to the repairer are not supported if it is the first bill with us. Please let us know if you have any further questions :)

Tammy

Tammyasked

Hi I have to get my dog surgery on her knee now it’s gonna cost approx $5000 do you guys help pay that and then I pay it back or no?

Jonnydeferit

Hi Tammy, sorry to hear that and we hope your dog is ok. That bill is eligible provided it has an accepted payment option on it (like BPAY). Our standard account limits for new customers is $300-$500 which does increase over time to $1000 (we're actually about to change this to $2000). This means you would need to part deferit / pay upfront this bill if it was accepted. You can do a combination of both in your deferit account. If you have any further questions, please let us know :)

Wez

Wezasked

Hi, just wondering how this works, after my first payment has come out does that then get credited back to my balance or do I have to wait until all 4 payments have been made before my balance gets credited again with any payments I have made

Jonnydeferit

Hi Wez, thanks for reaching out. Your first payment will be added back to your credit when your 2nd payment goes through, and so on. Let us know if you have any further questions :)

I paid 3 payments but only showing credit for2

Jonnydeferit

Hi Karyn, there is a one payment lag. When you make the 4th payment, it will recognise the last two payments simultaneously towards your balance. We do this to encourage paying off existing payments before uploading new bills, keeping in mind we are a budgeting platform. Let us know if you have any further questions!

Michelle70

Michelle70asked

Can you use deferit for a rental bond

Jonnydeferit

Hi Michelle, we support pretty much every bill but not rent. Check out our FAQ for further info: deferit.com.au/faq

sammyahmed
sammyahmed

Hh

rosas

rosasasked

can you pay school fees or partial payment for any type of bills?

Jonnydeferit

Yes we support school fees as long as it has a supported payment option on the invoice and bills can also be partially paid with our service :) Let us know if you have any further questions!

Bundybird

Bundybirdasked

Can i use my balance to pay a bill not in my name eg water bill in land lords name

Jonnydeferit

Hey there, the bill doesn’t need to be in your name. Let us know if you have any other questions :)

Jamie

Jamieasked

Can I use deferit to pay off a layby

Jonnydeferit

Hi Jamie, sorry we don't support layby. For more info about our service and what bills you can defer, please check out our FAQ at deferit.com.au/faq

Tammy

Tammyasked

Can I use deferit to pay for photo id

Jonnydeferit

Hi Tammy, we can potentially support that if it has a valid payment method (like BPAY). If unsure, feel free to email us at contact@deferit.com.au with the bill / invoice attached and we can let you know if it is supported :)

Belinda.G

Belinda.Gasked

Can i use deferit to pay off a lay-by or put money on my zippay

Jonnydeferit

Hi Belinda, we do not support retail stuff or paying off credit (like a Zip or Afterpay accounts). We do support pretty much any household bill, so if you need to budget for your car, insurance, electricity or gas etc - that would be eligible!

Belle M.

Belle M.asked

Can I pay a doctor's or vet bill?

Jonnydeferit

Hey Belle, doctor and vet bills are eligible bills. Those bills do require a valid payment method and whether you can defer it depends on your account as well. Please send us a picture of your bill at contact@deferit.com.au- we can tell you if it is an eligible bill :)

Get an answer from our members and deferit representatives

Other Budgeting Services