DeLonghi Ariadry DDS 25 / DDS 30

DeLonghi Ariadry DDS 25 / DDS 30

DDS 25, DDS 30 COMBI, DD30 PUMP

PhilB

PhilBNew South Wales

Purchased as a repaired unit with 1yr warranty.

Works as expected. New Zealand conditions of damp damp and more danp.

Not great in cold weather as delonghi rely on a PTC heater instead of HOT GAS DEFROST. I am sure as the oligarchy stipulate we actually create power into the grid they will implement this upgrade.

As we are going into a Solar Minimum (i know right....told "global warming" all the time). Units working well at 5degrees will become more important.

Purchased in June 2018 for $300.00.

Noise Level
Room Type Whole House

Don't bother waste of money

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Roger

RogerSydney

It’s working

Humidity is a heaven for germs and dust mites. Humidity in Sydney is always high. I and my kid have allergy to dust. This dehumidifier is really helpful, about 5 liters of water in 24 hrs. 80-90% of our sneezing problems gone. We keep the humidity of 45-50. The auto funtion is good.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
bluebull

bluebull

Fire risk

Beware. This product was working great and doing its job until it set fire to the house at 1am in the morning on December 6th 2017. My own actions saved the house 9 not without personal injury) Insurance covered the damage. It took 6 months to repair the damage. If you use this brand dehumidifier then do so aware of the risk.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Pablo

PabloAuckland

Works ok but....

Indoor pollution, and the off-gassing of items inside the home, is becoming more and more talked about as being bad for our health. If you're the sort of person who worries about this kind of thing then you might want to look for a different make of dehumidifier - this one smells strongly like a toxic chemical factory. It's been running two whole days and still smells bad.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

always happy

always happySunshine Coast Qld

Dehumidifier

Never used Dehumidifier before, researched which one is best for our need and decided on the Delonghi brand. I am tipping on average 9 litres of water per 24 hours cycle. My husband suffers pain when it is high humidity due to his spinal injury and this machine has given him some comfort.

It is so versatile to move from one room to another, It is great in the bathroom - bathroom hardly have any moisture after we have a shower :)

The laundry function is fantastic on rainy/wet days.

The cooler fan is great too.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Jeremypool50

Jeremypool50Melbourne

Good as a dehumidifier, average air filter.

We purchased this due to having asthma which flares up in the winter. We have previously used HEPA air filters without a dehumidifier which has worked great until the unit broke after over 10 years usage.

Based on a family recommendation we purchased this unit, which works great as a dehumidifier but functions below average as an air filter. We immediately noticed a difference in air quality & purchased a HEPA filter soon after which resulted in less flare ups with asthma.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Not as good as a CF 8E model

Small 4,5 L tank, the earlyer model CF8E and CF5E have 6 litre tanks that are far superior in use.
The moisture removal is slow compaired the early models, could it be the refrigerent perhaps.
I have purchased four of the DDS 30 models and none work as well as the older DeLonghi series, of which I still have seven of them in operation including one of the old pre-plastic full steel boddied models which is the best one, pulls far more moisture out of the air compaired to the CF8E which comes in second, DDS 30 3rd, and CF5E 4th.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Delonghi is much better then Mitsubishi...

We had Mitsubishi before no way near Delonghi.
Difference between them is huge very easy to clean and you can place it next to the wall and extract lot of water. Previous one I need to empty twice in a week this one everyday. Most importantly value for money thanks

Date PurchasedJan 2017
michaelemery

michaelemeryPalmerston North, 4410, NZ

Best All-Round Dehumidifier for Colder Environments

Worse than another 3-year-old model from Delonghi. It's either broken or complete disappointment.

We had a great old dehumidifier which works well and we were after a second but more modern. Bought this guy just to discover it doesn't really work as expected - comparing to our other one - this doesn't collect any moisture at all. 6-8 hours ~ 1 litre. Old one would have a 12L tank full in the same time.

Pepe

Pepe

DeLonghi are cheap and it shows

My dehumidifier has been back twice to be repaired under warranty, and it is still not working right. I dont think the workmanship is very good. The different positions of the switch on the front panel dont seem to make much difference to its operation. Even when it is raining outside at times it doesnt extract any water.

Moot

MootSydney, NSW

Awesome, very happy

I researched Dehumidifiers for a long time. We finally settled for the Delonghi DDS25 as the right one. It wasn't the choice of "Choice", but it was much cheaper. We bought it mainly to see if it would fix a damp smell in one of our rooms, but now use it on any rainy day as it dries laundry quickly and efficiently. It is amazing to see how much water it sucks out of the air, and it's various filters keep the air clean. Easy to use, easy to clean. Love it.

Maureen

Maureenasked

How do I stop water collecting on the tray at the bottom and wetting my carpet?

Maureen

Maureenasked

How do I stop water collecting on the tray at the bottom and wetting my carpet?

Barbara

Barbaraasked

I own DES16EW DeLonghi dehumidifier and gets ver hot after 10 min running. It shoes over 30 degree when other rooms are only 25 degree. I wander if this is right, I can’t use it in my bedroom which is small at night?

Denise L.

Hi I have the same one and mine also gets warm to touch. I used my old friends one and hers did not do this. It reads at like 28C when left on and percentage always reads a lot lower than the separate hygrometer I have. I feel that on a humid wet day it actually makes the room feel hotter not cooler because it heats up and the air is warmer than normal that it blows out. I would not feel comfortable to leave on unattended. It also makes gurgling water sounds. I wonder is it faulty. Have no idea really!

Denise L.

Sorry I used my friends old DeLonghi and it did not get hot like this Des16ew machine

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives