MPNs:415721 and DETF115

2.7

Ken S.
Ken S.

Noisy fan

I have had this fan for 2 years. I hate with a passion it because it is noisy. I tried to return it when I bought it but they wouldn't take it back. Stay away from this one if you want quiet operation. Show details
theGirl
theGirlSouth East Queensland, QLD10 posts

So noisy, no power

I bought this about a year ago from the good guys.

Id prefer a ceiling fan, but as a renter, I can’t install one. I wanted this to go in the bedroom but it’s too noisy. I even sleep with white noise but this has a whining / screeching sound that makes me too angry and annoyed to sleep.

It’s too loud for the lounge room, unless you want to put the TV sound on full ball and annoy your neighbours.

You have to sit within a metre of it to feel the breeze. Not very practical.

I like that it is white. Show details

Oran M.
Oran M.2 posts

Terrible.. unusable

Not sure where this is intended for use, but due to the amount of noise it makes its largely unusable in a home... feeling a bit ripped off. terrible.. and not cheap.. a $15 pedastle fan would have been a better option..m Show details
Sarah
Sarahmelbourne2 posts

NOISY AF

Absolutely the loudest fan Ive ever known. I have a pretty high tolerance for noise and can sleep through a lot but this is ridiculous. Its also not very stable, wobbles a bit. Cooling wise it works nicely and the remote is useful but not great for a bedroom if you want to sleep :( Show details
Immemma
ImmemmaFrankston

I’m going to write a review I hate it that much

1. Loud

2. So Loud

3. I paid how much for this fan?

I refuse to use it. It’s really bad.

Possibly only good if you like jet engines.

I don’t even know if it does a good job cooling as I get so mad at how loud it is I have to turn it off.

Mon
Monsydney6 posts

Great buy!!

Over the summer the normal circular fans ran out and i was forced to seek other alternatives but i am so glad i came across this delonghi my budget was 20 for a simple fan and the price of this being about 120 was quite over my budget nonetheless, i have no regrets.

It was easy to set up, the remote is fantastic and my room is so much cooler and it really does use much energy! i love the multiple speeds options and rotations.

Mccadani
Mccadani4 posts

Decent fan but better available

While this fan was decent during the more temperate months, it was not effective enough for my liking when temperatures rose. It being lightweight is a plus, as we had no troubles moving it around the house to he most effective spots, however we found it just wasn’t powerful enough to really cool the room down during hot days.

RLCD09
RLCD09Sydney, NSW9 posts

Fantastic fan

We use this fan in our nursery and it's just perfect. The small size means it fits discreetly in the corner of the room. It has a noise, I would say it is quiet when on low, but it hasn't bothered us at all. It's also light weight so we have moved it around to other parts of the house easily (moving only requires one hand). I highly recommend this fan.

vickymouse
vickymouseSydney3 posts

Execellent - great power keeps cool

Only Slightly loud, but overall very good power - keeps cool especially during hot weather in enclosed room. Feels like air conditioning indeed.

Does not take too much room - tall and slim and fashionable at home, not heavy at all.

Comes with a remote control for ease and access.

Chloe_ella
Chloe_ellaPerth, WA9 posts

shaper
shaperPerth, WA31 posts

good but noisy

This fan is very good and give a nice breezy flow of air and we like the oscillation as it spreads the air nicely. However, the noise gets louder the more you turn up the 3 settings of the fan. I dont think we could use it in the bedroom as it would keep you awake and my husband complains that it also interferes with any music or tv he is listening to. The fan is also a nice size as it doesn't take up much space but do not put it on a carpet if you have children or pets as it can tip up and over quite easily unless it has a completely flat surface.

Jen G
Jen GCanberra5 posts

Good!

This fan is a great fan! The fan power is very good you could tell the difference in my medium sized bedroom immediately. I found the fan is not much louder than a normal pedestal fan, and it has so much more output!

The instructions for assembly in the manual are a bit basic and are a little out of order but it was still relatively simple to assemble using common sense.

The oscillating function is very handy, as like with most tower fan the strip of air it produces is quite narrow, so to effectively cool down a whole room oscillating is important.

3 fan speeds, not an enormous difference between medium and high but I find medium is sufficient.

Added plus: remote control for convenience.

Sue
SueGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC5 posts

Disapointed

I was rather excited to buy this new type of tower fan but was very dissapointed when I got it home and unpacked. It didnt swivel as far as I thought it would going by the images on the packaging. it didnt really blow much. this really needs some serious improvement. Dont bother wasting your money on this one....I ended getting a Sunbeam normal fan on tall pole.

Fea
FeaInvercargill, New Zealand6 posts

Not a quality product

I'm just going to list the problems then rant

-Loud

-Bright blue LED's with no optional dimming

-Base is not good for on a rug

This is not a bedroom fan with how loud it is and the bright blue LED's it's really no good unless you like the sound of speeding trucks and night lights.

For the price I paid it shouldn't have broken the way it did with the inside funnel just falling off it's bearing this happened within warranty but it would have been costly to send back so I made do with a shoe lace tied around it to hold it together until I could afford my new dyson.

DON'T BUY!