Vornado 633

Vornado 633

See the Best Standalone Fans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Titus

TitusGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Energy efficient, variable speed control, super quiet.

Purchased in January 2019.

Noise Level
Power

Catherine

Catherine

Impossible to get front off to clean

It does move quite a bit of air. BUT it as noisy to begin with, and now that it's dusty it's *annoyingly* so, and the manual, while not only getting the number and location of the clips wrong, also fails to show how to unclip them to remove front, so I cannot figure out how to clean it, and feel it was a waste of money.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Edu

EduRyde

Not what I expected, got hyped.

It works well, the sound it makes needs a bit of time to get used too, but it serves as white noise and drowns out the traffic noise coming from our window. It looks hard to clean, i still ahve not figured out how to clean it, it can suck up quite a bit of dust.

AmandaMac

AmandaMacAdelaide

Great fan creates a nice breeze

I really like this Vornado fan, it does a good job of creating a nice breeze when you point it at the corner of the room and definitely cools the room down. We were recommended the larger model for our large lounge room but this one was on sale and have found it does a great job. It is an expensive fan, I shopped around and waited for it to go on sale. The only one small negative as others have mentioned is it is quite loud on the highest setting but we don't use that anyway as the medium speed works very effectively.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

kbnv

kbnvSydney

Powerful Fan but doesn’t last long

Fan is really powerful and circulates the air around the room perfectly. We use it in a big lounge room and you can feel the air circulating wherever you are in the room. Downsides are that it is quite loud and has only lasted 8mths of normal use before the fan stopped working and a Smokey smell came from it. We took it back where we purchased it and it was replaced without question. The new fan is 3mths in and going strong fingers crossed it stays that way.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

ChocolatePudding

ChocolatePuddingSydney, NSW

Best thing for a good night's sleep

I use this fan pretty much every day during summer and it hasn't skipped a beat. It is used in a small bedroom and works best on the lowest setting. I've got it pointing at a corner of the room and the air flow that it generates feels like a gentle all around breeze rather than a wind that's pointing directly at your face. It does a great job of making a hot summer's night bearable enough to sleep. Its whisper quiet on the lowest setting but can get distractingly loud on the highest setting.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

jsa

jsaSydney

For when you don't have a power point near you and still need a breeze

I have this fan set up on the other side of my room and on medium speed I can feel a solid volume of air moving past me. It's only far away from me because it does get loud, as you can imagine. It doesn't really get annoying though. But for the money, you'd definitely be better off putting it elsewhere. Like for buying 4 Kmart fans instead and having them all blow at you.

Long story short, is it good? Yes. Is it worth the money? Nah.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

miki7788

miki7788South East Queensland, QLD

Disppointing for the money

Overall....its not as impressive as the write up on the box. Works fine, just not as great as i had imagined after reading about it. On the middle setting though, i have to say its on the low noise side. But my $22 one from kmart works well too. I just dont “ feel “ the big difference in price enough to recommend

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Lucie

LucieAshtonfield

Great for cooling down hot room

We bought this fan to try cool down the bedroom at the end of the corridor which has no ceiling fan or air con, it gets hot during summer. This fan seems to be able to blow air from one end of the corridor to the hoy bedroom. Can blow the distant. Level 3 is a bit noisy though. We usually set it to level 2 so that my son can fall asleep in that room.

voc

vocSouthwest, VIC

Great for moving air through the house

This has been great for moving cool air from one end of the house to another. Great when there's a cool breeze on one side but the other side is still hot.

It's also really good around our toddler. It can't be toppled over like a tall fan and his fingers can't get caught in the grill.

Don't waste your money

I bought this fan from Harvey Norman today hoping that it is quiet and has true air circulation effect. None of this claims turned out to true. This fan is no better than a A$15 oscillating fan. It is noisy and the claimed air circulation is non-existing. Don't spend money on it.

Sarah McKay

Sarah McKayHobarth

great little fan

Since this one is very small, I bought it as only an add-on. But, despite its size, this fans provides really good air circulation as long as you use it in a small-size room. I have it set-up on my work desk and I can really feel its effect. Of course, like all fans, regular cleaning and maintenance is still needed to keep it working properly.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

eb_kookapra

eb_kookapraMelbourne, Victoria

Good air circulation, unlike normal standing fan

Unlike normal standing fan, this fan provides good air circulation throughout the room. This model is good for small- to medium-size hall or room. However, if you need this fan for medium-size room, I personally feel that it would be better to get Vornado 660 model (or Large Air Circulator model) as the highest speed produces too much noise!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Circulates air effectively

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Aussiemalm

AussiemalmSydney

Great product

I saw the vornado in an infomercial and wasn't quite sure it would deliver on its promise until I saw it being used in a friend's house. It's one of the very few products that actually do what it promises. It's different from a normal fan because it circulates the air. The only reason I'm not giving it a 5-star is because of the noise it makez when it is in max.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Tiny and powerful!

This fan is perfect for under your desk or on a side table. While working, my husband uses it to keep his feet cool on the ground. It's compact enough that when those summer nights started up, we could put this on a side table and keep a nice breeze over us. It's not enough for a whole room, but good for one person. Very compact and powerful for its size.

Susan E

Susan E

I like it - a good fan - circulator. I imagine if would be even more effective if I had a air condi

I find the fan slightly louder than most so best to be aware of the actual noise prior to purchase. I miss not having a remote control or timer, something I think could be enhanced with other models.
It does circulate efficiently, as such, I rarely keep the fan going all night.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Bruso

Bruso

Great for circulating air

I bought the mid range model at the recommendation of the salesman. Strangely, it is the highest wattage of the three models (60w). It's not too loud on the highest speed, though in a bedroom may be another matter. Low and middle speed is fairly quiet.
It does move and circulate air as claimed. However, the box claims it will circulate air up to 23 meters which I think even on the highest setting. Is stretching it a bit.
Reading the instructions, the main point seems that it is intended to work in conjunction with air con.
One of the better fans I have bought and has a 5 year warranty.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Best one by far

searched for a high velocity fan and came across the reviews of this 'air mover', which swayed me to purchasing the Vornado 633 as it sounded perfect for my needs.
Well, I have not been disappointed, it is a fantastic way to move the air and cool the room, best one yet by far.
It is perfect for low running cost - high efficiency needs and said to work well in winter also by distributing the warm air evenly, I am yet to try that out.

KissMiss

so it is winter now and I am running the Vornado 633 - it does increase the feeling of warmth quite a bit as it moves the air around, I was able to turn down the heater quite a bit. and remain comfortably warm.

Jacqui Ryan

Jacqui RyanCairns, Queensland

I was sceptical but am now convinced

Living in the tropics with an open plan, open on one side house with no aircon, I was sceptical. It was a stinker day on Friday so I bought one.
Love the output of this fan,it pushes a lot of air around. When I got home, I put it in my living area. I could notice a drop in temperature in about 10 minutes.
It's relatively quite. I sleep with a ceiling fan on year round, so the noise doesn't bother me
You know it's a hit when the dogs plant themselves in front of it. Looking at buying another one