Vornado 633

Vornado 633

See the Best Standalone Fans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Vornado? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Power

Powerful, compact... Love it. I'm getting a 2nd one for the other room.

Favourite fan I've ever had. Compact, and super powerful air flow for its size.

The only downside is that it claimed to be easier to clean than other fans. It's just as annoying as other fans. (unscrewing, awkward angles, lots of small nooks to try and get dust out of)

Purchased in January 2021 at The Good Guys Online store for $149.00.

Unhappy In Sydney
Unhappy In SydneySydney, NSW

Expensive but worth the money

Bought this medium sized one brand new after being impressed by a small one I picked up at an op shop a couple of years ago for nine bucks! That one was so powerful for its size that when I moved to a hotter place and needed a bigger one I naturally went for another Vornado. There are some (but only some) days when I now use the larger Vornado instead of the air con, it's that powerful. If you have limited space and can afford the 150 dollars, this is an excellent fan.

Purchased in December 2020 for $150.00.

amandusc
amanduscSydney, NSW

Great air circulator

I have two vornados already, bought this for my bedroom as it was energy efficient (the DC version ) so I could leave it on all night without too much guilt. Not noisy and is small , efficient! Circulates the air well so we put it on while the air con is on to move the cool air.

Purchased in December 2019 at Amazon for $150.00.

Nia
NiaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does the job!

Purchased our second Vornado last year! was perfect for the hot Brisbane weather. Easy to use and very powerful (medium size), we only ever have it on the first setting as it was powerful enough to cool the room. Only downfall would be the noisy and hard to clean! but we can live with that. Overall very satisfied with this product!

Purchased in June 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores for $300.00.

PAV
PAV

Great while it lasted...

...but it didn't last. I got about 4-5 years out of it before the motor seized. Maybe that's good value - I don't know - but its an expensive fan and I expected it to last as long as I had a need for it. Took it apart, dusted it, lubricated the shaft - couldn't restart it. More junk for the landfill.

Purchased in September 2016 at David Jones Online Store for $149.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Is the new ALDI Bladeless Air Purifier Fan better than the Dyson Pure Cool Desk Fan?

German retail giant ALDI is releasing a bladeless fan and air purifier, due to go on sale as part of its Special Buys program this Saturday 18th November.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.11 Nov 2020
is-the-new-aldi-bladeless-air-purifier-fan-better-than-the-dyson-pure-cool-desk-fan

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Titus
TitusGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Energy efficient, variable speed control, super quiet.

Purchased in January 2019.

Catherine
Catherine

Impossible to get front off to clean

It does move quite a bit of air. BUT it as noisy to begin with, and now that it's dusty it's *annoyingly* so, and the manual, while not only getting the number and location of the clips wrong, also fails to show how to unclip them to remove front, so I cannot figure out how to clean it, and feel it was a waste of money.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Edu
EduRyde

Not what I expected, got hyped.

It works well, the sound it makes needs a bit of time to get used too, but it serves as white noise and drowns out the traffic noise coming from our window. It looks hard to clean, i still ahve not figured out how to clean it, it can suck up quite a bit of dust.

AmandaMac
AmandaMacAdelaide

Great fan creates a nice breeze

I really like this Vornado fan, it does a good job of creating a nice breeze when you point it at the corner of the room and definitely cools the room down. We were recommended the larger model for our large lounge room but this one was on sale and have found it does a great job. It is an expensive fan, I shopped around and waited for it to go on sale. The only one small negative as others have mentioned is it is quite loud on the highest setting but we don't use that anyway as the medium speed works very effectively.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

kbnv
kbnvSydney

Powerful Fan but doesn’t last long

Fan is really powerful and circulates the air around the room perfectly. We use it in a big lounge room and you can feel the air circulating wherever you are in the room. Downsides are that it is quite loud and has only lasted 8mths of normal use before the fan stopped working and a Smokey smell came from it. We took it back where we purchased it and it was replaced without question. The new fan is 3mths in and going strong fingers crossed it stays that way.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
ChocolatePudding
ChocolatePuddingSydney, NSW

Best thing for a good night's sleep

I use this fan pretty much every day during summer and it hasn't skipped a beat. It is used in a small bedroom and works best on the lowest setting. I've got it pointing at a corner of the room and the air flow that it generates feels like a gentle all around breeze rather than a wind that's pointing directly at your face. It does a great job of making a hot summer's night bearable enough to sleep. Its whisper quiet on the lowest setting but can get distractingly loud on the highest setting.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
jsa
jsaSydney

For when you don't have a power point near you and still need a breeze

I have this fan set up on the other side of my room and on medium speed I can feel a solid volume of air moving past me. It's only far away from me because it does get loud, as you can imagine. It doesn't really get annoying though. But for the money, you'd definitely be better off putting it elsewhere. Like for buying 4 Kmart fans instead and having them all blow at you.

Long story short, is it good? Yes. Is it worth the money? Nah.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
miki7788
miki7788South East Queensland, QLD

Disppointing for the money

Overall....its not as impressive as the write up on the box. Works fine, just not as great as i had imagined after reading about it. On the middle setting though, i have to say its on the low noise side. But my $22 one from kmart works well too. I just dont “ feel “ the big difference in price enough to recommend

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Lucie
LucieAshtonfield

Great for cooling down hot room

We bought this fan to try cool down the bedroom at the end of the corridor which has no ceiling fan or air con, it gets hot during summer. This fan seems to be able to blow air from one end of the corridor to the hoy bedroom. Can blow the distant. Level 3 is a bit noisy though. We usually set it to level 2 so that my son can fall asleep in that room.

voc
vocSouthwest, VIC

Great for moving air through the house

This has been great for moving cool air from one end of the house to another. Great when there's a cool breeze on one side but the other side is still hot.

It's also really good around our toddler. It can't be toppled over like a tall fan and his fingers can't get caught in the grill.