2Vornado 633

tjarlz
tjarlzMid North Coast, NSW11 posts
Vornado
Vornado   DM

Thanks for your review. Do you know that you are covered by a 5 year replacement warranty? It sounds like you may have received a faulty unit. Please contact us via info@vornado.com.au for next steps. Thank you.

Mikaeli S.3 posts

Powerful, compact... Love it. I'm getting a 2nd one for the other room

Favourite fan I've ever had. Compact, and super powerful air flow for its size.

The only downside is that it claimed to be easier to clean than other fans. It's just as annoying as other fans. (unscrewing, awkward angles, lots of small nooks to try and get dust out of)  Show details

Unhappy In Sydney
Unhappy In SydneySydney, NSW33 posts

Expensive but worth the money

Bought this medium sized one brand new after being impressed by a small one I picked up at an op shop a couple of years ago for nine bucks! That one was so powerful for its size that when I moved to a hotter place and needed a bigger one I naturally went for another Vornado. There are some (but only some) days when I now use the larger Vornado instead of the air con, it's that powerful. If you have limited space and can afford the 150 dollars, this is an excellent fan.  Show details
amandusc
amanduscSydney, NSW11 posts

Great air circulator

I have two vornados already, bought this for my bedroom as it was energy efficient (the DC version ) so I could leave it on all night without too much guilt. Not noisy and is small , efficient! Circulates the air well so we put it on while the air con is on to move the cool air. Show details
Nia
NiaSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Does the job!

Purchased our second Vornado last year! was perfect for the hot Brisbane weather. Easy to use and very powerful (medium size), we only ever have it on the first setting as it was powerful enough to cool the room. Only downfall would be the noisy and hard to clean! but we can live with that. Overall very satisfied with this product! Show details
PAV
PAV4 posts

Great while it lasted

...but it didn't last. I got about 4-5 years out of it before the motor seized. Maybe that's good value - I don't know - but its an expensive fan and I expected it to last as long as I had a need for it. Took it apart, dusted it, lubricated the shaft - couldn't restart it. More junk for the landfill. Show details
Titus
TitusGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC15 posts
Catherine
Catherine2 posts

Impossible to get front off to clean

It does move quite a bit of air. BUT it as noisy to begin with, and now that it's dusty it's *annoyingly* so, and the manual, while not only getting the number and location of the clips wrong, also fails to show how to unclip them to remove front, so I cannot figure out how to clean it, and feel it was a waste of money.

Edu
EduRyde5 posts

Not what I expected, got hyped

It works well, the sound it makes needs a bit of time to get used too, but it serves as white noise and drowns out the traffic noise coming from our window. It looks hard to clean, i still ahve not figured out how to clean it, it can suck up quite a bit of dust.

AmandaMac
AmandaMacAdelaide6 posts

Great fan creates a nice breeze

I really like this Vornado fan, it does a good job of creating a nice breeze when you point it at the corner of the room and definitely cools the room down. We were recommended the larger model for our large lounge room but this one was on sale and have found it does a great job. It is an expensive fan, I shopped around and waited for it to go on sale. The only one small negative as others have mentioned is it is quite loud on the highest setting but we don't use that anyway as the medium speed works very effectively.

kbnv
kbnvSydney4 posts

Powerful Fan but doesn’t last long

Fan is really powerful and circulates the air around the room perfectly. We use it in a big lounge room and you can feel the air circulating wherever you are in the room. Downsides are that it is quite loud and has only lasted 8mths of normal use before the fan stopped working and a Smokey smell came from it. We took it back where we purchased it and it was replaced without question. The new fan is 3mths in and going strong fingers crossed it stays that way.

ChocolatePudding
ChocolatePuddingSydney, NSW5 posts

Best thing for a good night's sleep

I use this fan pretty much every day during summer and it hasn't skipped a beat. It is used in a small bedroom and works best on the lowest setting. I've got it pointing at a corner of the room and the air flow that it generates feels like a gentle all around breeze rather than a wind that's pointing directly at your face. It does a great job of making a hot summer's night bearable enough to sleep. Its whisper quiet on the lowest setting but can get distractingly loud on the highest setting.

jsa
jsaSydney4 posts

For when you don't have a power point near you and still need a breeze

I have this fan set up on the other side of my room and on medium speed I can feel a solid volume of air moving past me. It's only far away from me because it does get loud, as you can imagine. It doesn't really get annoying though. But for the money, you'd definitely be better off putting it elsewhere. Like for buying 4 Kmart fans instead and having them all blow at you.

Long story short, is it good? Yes. Is it worth the money? Nah.

miki7788
miki7788South East Queensland, QLD27 posts

Disppointing for the money

Overall....its not as impressive as the write up on the box. Works fine, just not as great as i had imagined after reading about it. On the middle setting though, i have to say its on the low noise side. But my $22 one from kmart works well too. I just dont “ feel “ the big difference in price enough to recommend

Lucie
LucieAshtonfield5 posts

Great for cooling down hot room

We bought this fan to try cool down the bedroom at the end of the corridor which has no ceiling fan or air con, it gets hot during summer. This fan seems to be able to blow air from one end of the corridor to the hoy bedroom. Can blow the distant. Level 3 is a bit noisy though. We usually set it to level 2 so that my son can fall asleep in that room.

Nat S

Are vornado fans good for outdoor patio to circulate air?

Mikaeli S.

I haven’t tried it personally, but I know it uses the walls in a room to help circulate the air, so I don’t know what would happen on a patio

Vornado
Vornado   DM
Nat S

Well it is open and over 40sqm, so Im thinking it won't work. its elevated so do get a breeze, but just on still humid days need something to move the air around. Maybe just an industrial style fan will work better??

xylophonens
xylophonens

Which is better model 660 or 663? I want quiet and energy efficient. Who has best price?

Melbourne R
Melbourne R

These fans don’t oscillate do they ??

Sharon
Sharon

No oscillation.

Features:

• The Vornado 633 Medium Air Circulator has 3 speed settings and can move air up to 23 metres, providing air circulation across a whole room.
  • Multi-directional air flow helps the fan move air around in an energy efficient way by getting rid of hot and cold spots in the room.
  • The fan is advertised as ‘whisper quiet’, so you’re not disrupted while you work or sleep.
  • A detachable grille makes it easy to access the blades for cleaning.
  • You can buy this product in white or black.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the Vornado 633 was powerful and was able to cool down the room it was in.
  • They also noted that it circulated air very well and helped cool down hot spots in their home.
  • Reviewers also said that the fan was economical to run. Some also said that it was particularly efficient when used in conjunction with an air conditioner, as it helped move cold air from the air con.

A point of pain:

• Although it was described as ‘whisper quiet’ on the lowest setting, some reviewers said that it was very noisy on the highest setting.
CategoryStandalone Fans