Vornado 660

Vornado 660

See the Best Standalone Fans in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Vornado

• Power

Bill
BillMelbourne

Super powerful, but noisy.

After owning cheap fans for years and then buying a Dyson. I decided to splurge on this fan. Firstly it's a fan and not an air conditioner. The air feels cool because it moves cooler more dense air from the ground upwards. The 4 speed settings are a bit limiting and it's noisy even on the lowest setting. Dont buy it if you are looking for a whisper quiet fan to sleep with. This model is good for larger rooms and an oscillating feature would have been great as it just blows a narrow stream of air. Is it worth $200? Well it's a good fan with a 5 year warranty, looks nice, is compact and does the job. So far so good.

Purchased in for $207.

Not quiet

Purchased my vornado after reading positive reviews. Very disappointed. I need a fan so I can sleep at night. This one is not quiet, even in the slowest setting.
Not worth the price in my option

Purchased in .

Cathy
CathyNorth Queensland, QLD

Not a fan for inside a caravan

The vornado seems to just circulate hot air around my caravan drawing down the hot air that has risen towards the ceiling . I leave the windows open and roof vents open to let the hot air out. I Prefer my $12 fan blowing directly onto me which keeps me cooler! Only good if there is an aircon on cool in summer and on hot in the winter will this fam be useful. However, I bought the vornado as my aircon is not working !

Jackson B.
Jackson B.New South Wales

Great fan makes my room windy

Yeah it’s real good, expensive for a fan but good. My small bedroom gets windy when this is on full power and I love it. Definitely beats a budget pedestal fan.

Purchased in at Amazon.

Sas
SasVictoria

Best fan I've ever had

Read some great reviews so I bought it, cost around 180, worth every penny. It blows really cool air at a good volume in our family, dining, kitchen area, keeps that area a good 6-10 degrees cooler than other rooms in the house on a hot day. Love it!

Purchased in at David Jones Online Store for $180.

Adsman90
Adsman90North Queensland, QLD

Its just a fan, nothing amazing

DanielCSydney, NSW

Do not buy, you've been warned - when it dies, you will have to put it in the bin.

Don't get me wrong, the fan works very well and as advertised. It's the durability that I am rating. I bought mine 6 years ago and used it in anger for 3 as we moved into a house with air con. My mother asked me for a fan for her bedroom at the beginning of summer so I pulled it out and now it beeps and won't spin. And here's the BAD. I called Vornado to find a service agent, and they told me they had NONE! They just told me to call a sparky as if a sparky would have spare parts for the product of a company that has no service agent! So, sadly, I have to bin it. Best not to buy expensive Chinese products (though the company is American) I guess, keep buying the cheap.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $189.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
Naz
NazGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Powerful and great fan

Varnado fan really does circulate air around the room. We placed the fan in our main bedroom.
-placement of the fan is very important to how it will circulate the air
-we use fan with our portable aircon, so the room becomes cool quicker.
- has 4-speed option. Max speed is very powerful.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman.

Jon H
Jon HSydney Surrounds, NSW

Surprisingly powerful

Was a bit sceptical at first, but I was surprised by how powerful it is. Packs a punch in a small package. It circulates air very well and when you angle it at the right position (be it wall or ceiling), really moves air efficiently. We use it in conjunction with the AC and are happy with it.

Purchased at Costco.

Hanl
HanlPerth, WA

Good fan

Good fan, capable of circulating air well. Necessary for summer. At highest setting, it can be a bit loud and annoying. Cleaning it takes a bit of effort. Otherwise, this fan is excellent. The build feels sturdy and quality.

TMGGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Vornado 660 Fan

This fan certainly helps to circulate the air on a warm day unlike so many other fans that I have tried over many years.
I like the fact that it can be taken apart to clean the interior as well.

The power output on low is fine day and night, as I have it beside me whilst I sleep or relax in front of the television.
Not having an air conditioner over these very hot days and nights is a challenge, but this fan is certainly helping to keep myself and my Stafford as cool as is possible.
I recommend highly.
I bought from Harvey Norman who price matched within ten dollars of what Costco charge for the same item.
Not having a Costco near me, nor being a member I believe I have done as well as I could possibly do.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $160.

Tommy D
Tommy DGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great fan

I am very pleased with this fan. The way it circulates the air around the room is quite impressive. We leave it on low at night and its quiet enough for sleeping - provides good white noise. I would definitely recommend it and will purchase another soon.

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $199.

Ash
AshGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great fan.

I love how the design of the fan. It really circulates the air in the room really well.
It is quiet when it is at the lowest settings for sleeping.
It is a little pricey and I was doubting whether it is worth it. But, yeah I am loving it so far.

Purchased in at eBay.

Chloe
ChloeSydney, NSW

Tornado

Don't believe the promises about its quietness. Even on the lowest setting the noise is too annoying to sleep with. Why are product manufacturers still allowed to lie about their product features. Money down the drain. Yes, it's well made. Yes the way it circulates air is clever. But the noise is horrible.

Purchased in at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $120.

Russted
RusstedMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Well, I'm a fan...!

Purchased in .

Liana Cortijo
Liana Cortijoasked

My vornado is not working. Where can I have it repaired? I live in pymble nsw
Lcortijo@gmail.Com

Anna L.
Anna L.asked

where is the vornado fan made? which country is it manufactured?

TMG

Made in China. But very well made.
I highly recommend .
Better than any other fan I have had, and I have many.

Cam G
Cam Gasked

Do they also work as a fan if i was to put it on a table shooting directly at me would i get a good flow of air hit me? Im going fifo and i sleep with a fan on me everynight so want something i can travel with

baz
baz

Yes but it's not meant to be used like that....you need to direct it to the top corner of the room

Get an answer from our members and Vornado representatives

Features:

• The Vornado 660 Air Circulator uses heavily contoured blades to churn the air into a column shape, which ultimately projects air further and helps keep everyone in the room cool
  • Four fan speeds allow you to adjust how gentle or powerful you’d prefer the airflow in a room, while a multi-directional airflow ensures all sections of the room are evenly cooled
  • A detachable grill allows for quick and easy cleaning
  • Its small, compact size is unobtrusive, and allows this standalone fan to be placed largely out of sight, without compromising on the quality of airflow.

Feedback from reviewers:

• According to reviewers, the most appealing quality of this Vornado model is that it’s a powerful fan that does what it claims and circulates air swiftly around a room
  • Sometimes reviewers found the fan to be too noisy to be left on throughout the night, while others found the noise level acceptable, if the fan is set on the lowest speed. Some even appreciated the white noise that the fan provided.
  • The Vornado 660 Air Circulator costs $259, which is a little pricey for a standalone fan. However, while reviewers acknowledged this, most also expressed that this fan was worth the money.
CategoryStandalone Fans