Vornado 660

Vornado 660

See the Best Standalone Fans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Tommy D

Tommy DGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great fan

I am very pleased with this fan. The way it circulates the air around the room is quite impressive. We leave it on low at night and its quiet enough for sleeping - provides good white noise. I would definitely recommend it and will purchase another soon.

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $199.00.

Ash

AshGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great fan.

I love how the design of the fan. It really circulates the air in the room really well.
It is quiet when it is at the lowest settings for sleeping.
It is a little pricey and I was doubting whether it is worth it. But, yeah I am loving it so far.

Purchased in February 2019 at eBay.

Chloe

ChloeSydney, NSW

Tornado

Don't believe the promises about its quietness. Even on the lowest setting the noise is too annoying to sleep with. Why are product manufacturers still allowed to lie about their product features. Money down the drain. Yes, it's well made. Yes the way it circulates air is clever. But the noise is horrible.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $120.00.

Russted

RusstedMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Well, I'm a fan...!

Purchased in September 2018.

WildOne

WildOneMelbourne

Bit on the noisey side...

Bought this fan yesterday after reading all the reviews. Was looking at having the fan in the bedroom or near to make sleeping easier, unfortunately this fan is too loud even on the low setting. So hard to listen to it in the shops, when purchasing with all the background noise. Its a great fan to circulate the air around quickly.....maybe I should of bought the smaller version for bedroom but I bought the bigger one to use throughout the house when required. Its up to you as they buyer in the end...

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Kwin

KwinSydney Surrounds, NSW

Money well spent

We have a 2 bedroom home, and this moves the air from the air conditioned lounge room through to the bedroom and bathroom area. Keeps us cool to help sleep at night, and reduces power bills by moving air through the house.
Took us ages to make a decision - glad we bought this.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Sweet

SweetThornbury 3071

Good,strong and quiet if set at the lowest wind level

Its first impression to me is very sturdy. The lowest wind level is cool enough when the temperature is over 35. It helps air circulation, so you can set the air conditioner at the moderate temperature, and open it at the same time. If you choose the stronger wind level, it will be very noisy during the night. I consider to have another one.

bazSydney, NSW

I'm a fan

I bought one of these recently to try and reduce air conditioning running costs. It's fabulous and works like a charm. I did see in a review elsewhere someone was beefing that it shoots the air out in a narrow current but that's exactly what it's meant to do.....they didn't read the instructions. This really is a top product and recommended.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Practical Man

Practical ManBrisbane

Okay but needs improvement given the cost

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Sarah

Sarah

Love this air circulator

Brandon F

Brandon FBrisbane

I’m converted, this is one helluva fan. I mean, whole room air circulator.

Dead WombatSouth East Queensland, QLD

GREAT FAN, BUT EXPENSIVE

This a very nice, almost silent fan.
the only noise is the fan blades, i cannot hear the fan, just the wind.
I got mine from The Good Guys, they matched the lowest price on the net.
My wife loves it, as on the lower setting, it is near silent white noise.
Controls are nice, construction is good quality.
Looks very modern.
I have a few properties, and usually have to buy a fan twice a year, but this one has a 5 year warranty.
I use this also to move the air conditioned air around the house, i can put one aircon on, and move it around, an hour before bed, and the air is dried out,
CONS.
wind is like a beam, almost straight line, but that is ok, you can move it way back, and still get nice breeze.
Expensive. But i would buy again.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

GV711

GV711South East Queensland, QLD

Best fan ever

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Love it

Seriously cannot recommend these fans highly enough. And this new model is brilliant - super quiet. Had to buy as my trusty Vornado 660 died after 8 years of heavy use. I have a small one for my office space too. This is my 6th or 7th since first using them in Bermuda a 40 years ago

byzance

byzance

Great

Im in nth qld,so its humid as hell.have had this for a week and use it with a/c.its great.a little noisy but not overly so.kids have no complaints.going great,but have only had for a week,looking to buy another one,waiting for prices to drop,lol.it has a long warranty which is a plus.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Crossrip

CrossripSydney, NSW

Best fan ever

Date PurchasedDec 2017

cheap control switch

Good air force and output, but poor quality material meant plastic on the interior of small control switch snapped so impossible to adjust the dial and speed. Had to throw it out after 12 months. More junk destined for landfill. Unlike my Dimplex box fan which has lasted more than 20 years!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Stevo

StevoAU

Love love love this fan

Got this fan for our babys room this summer as our only air con is far in the living room. Really feel the fan even when not blowing straight at you. Great for circulating the cool aircon air down the corridor to the baby room. Can't live without it, so much more powerful than any other fan

Joe

JoeHobart

Love it!!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Fantastic Product

I purchased this fan from Costco North Lakes last month and have used it every day and night. The fan works perfectly as designed, so much more efficient than the pedestal fans and portable enough for me to take to the office and home again each day.
Initial outlay may be a wee bit high, but worth every penny.

Cam G

Cam Gasked

Do they also work as a fan if i was to put it on a table shooting directly at me would i get a good flow of air hit me? Im going fifo and i sleep with a fan on me everynight so want something i can travel with

baz

Yes but it's not meant to be used like that....you need to direct it to the top corner of the room

Amanda Ngasked

Is it noisy? Does it then just need to sit on the floor or has to sit on a desk or something? Does it come with remote control?

baz

On high it is a bit. It goes on the floor and works differently from usual fans. Have a look at the website.

Dead Wombat

No remote, but very easy buttons (electronic).
Sits on floor, nicely built.
Right now, i have 3 fans running, and this one is easily the quietest,.
There is almost no motor noise, the only noise is wind.
I have a small desk fan, about 6 inches, and it is much more noisy. I think it is to do with blade shape.
If you are buying any other fan, get the "Flat" type motor, and the biggest wattage. 40cm fans only last 2 years, the bigger ones last 4-5 years (longer with a spray of Silicon or WD40.
I have budget accommodation, and you learn fast what dies.
As fans go, i like it more every day. It projects a beam of air, rather than a huge mass.
But the beam is very directional, and i love to use it to move air around the house, and because of the high speed, it drags a lot of air.
I am actually contemplating buying another one.
Do a price search, i got mine from Good Guys, and they matched the internet price plus postage ($198).
I like to use one retailer, as they have a record of my purchases, and i have bargaining power.

Thank you!

ShouldHaveReadTheReviews

ShouldHaveReadTheReviewsasked

Looking at purchasing either the Vornado 660 or 663 model. Our main purpose is to cool our bedroom at night. Would anyone know which model is quieter on the lowest setting?

Tek brain
Tek brain

The fan motor makes the same amount of sound levels at the same RPM, bigger the blade the more the amount of air moves more the noise. I would recommend you to drop into one of the store and have a listen to the noise levels your self. Remember smaller the blade quieter the fan but lesser the amount of air moved. So the answer to this question will strictly depends of the size of your bed room.

Steve
Steve

See my review above. The Vornado site has RPM values of the fans. The 660 has the lowest setting at 600RPM, the 533 was 1100RPM from memory and I found the housing vibrated (visual with no associated sound). Is there a 633 model?
I hate annoying noises while sleeping but have easily been able to sleep with the wind noise from the 633. There is no motor noise, something I hope will stay that way over time.

Get an answer from our members and Vornado representatives