Vornado 660

Vornado 660

Fan Buying Guide - How to choose the coolest tower or pedestal fan for you

If you’re looking for a way to avoid melting this summer, a fan could help. But with so many types on the market, how do you choose the best fan for your home?

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Power

Cathy

CathyNorth Queensland, QLD

Not a fan for inside a caravan

The vornado seems to just circulate hot air around my caravan drawing down the hot air that has risen towards the ceiling . I leave the windows open and roof vents open to let the hot air out. I Prefer my $12 fan blowing directly onto me which keeps me cooler! Only good if there is an aircon on cool in summer and on hot in the winter will this fam be useful. However, I bought the vornado as my aircon is not working !

Jackson B.

Jackson B.New South Wales

Great fan makes my room windy

Yeah it’s real good, expensive for a fan but good. My small bedroom gets windy when this is on full power and I love it. Definitely beats a budget pedestal fan.

Purchased in March 2021 at Amazon.

Sas

SasVictoria

Best fan I've ever had

Read some great reviews so I bought it, cost around 180, worth every penny. It blows really cool air at a good volume in our family, dining, kitchen area, keeps that area a good 6-10 degrees cooler than other rooms in the house on a hot day. Love it!

Purchased in September 2019 at David Jones Online Store for $180.00.

Adsman90

Adsman90North Queensland, QLD

Its just a fan, nothing amazing

DanielCSydney, NSW

Do not buy, you've been warned - when it dies, you will have to put it in the bin.

Don't get me wrong, the fan works very well and as advertised. It's the durability that I am rating. I bought mine 6 years ago and used it in anger for 3 as we moved into a house with air con. My mother asked me for a fan for her bedroom at the beginning of summer so I pulled it out and now it beeps and won't spin. And here's the BAD. I called Vornado to find a service agent, and they told me they had NONE! They just told me to call a sparky as if a sparky would have spare parts for the product of a company that has no service agent! So, sadly, I have to bin it. Best not to buy expensive Chinese products (though the company is American) I guess, keep buying the cheap.

Purchased in February 2014 at Harvey Norman for $189.00.

Naz

NazGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Powerful and great fan

Varnado fan really does circulate air around the room. We placed the fan in our main bedroom.
-placement of the fan is very important to how it will circulate the air
-we use fan with our portable aircon, so the room becomes cool quicker.
- has 4-speed option. Max speed is very powerful.

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Jon H

Jon HSydney Surrounds, NSW

Surprisingly powerful

Was a bit sceptical at first, but I was surprised by how powerful it is. Packs a punch in a small package. It circulates air very well and when you angle it at the right position (be it wall or ceiling), really moves air efficiently. We use it in conjunction with the AC and are happy with it.

Purchased at Costco.

Hanl

HanlPerth, WA

Good fan

Good fan, capable of circulating air well. Necessary for summer. At highest setting, it can be a bit loud and annoying. Cleaning it takes a bit of effort. Otherwise, this fan is excellent. The build feels sturdy and quality.

TMGGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Vornado 660 Fan

This fan certainly helps to circulate the air on a warm day unlike so many other fans that I have tried over many years.
I like the fact that it can be taken apart to clean the interior as well.

The power output on low is fine day and night, as I have it beside me whilst I sleep or relax in front of the television.
Not having an air conditioner over these very hot days and nights is a challenge, but this fan is certainly helping to keep myself and my Stafford as cool as is possible.
I recommend highly.
I bought from Harvey Norman who price matched within ten dollars of what Costco charge for the same item.
Not having a Costco near me, nor being a member I believe I have done as well as I could possibly do.

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $160.00.

Tommy D

Tommy DGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great fan

I am very pleased with this fan. The way it circulates the air around the room is quite impressive. We leave it on low at night and its quiet enough for sleeping - provides good white noise. I would definitely recommend it and will purchase another soon.

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $199.00.

Ash

AshGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great fan.

I love how the design of the fan. It really circulates the air in the room really well.
It is quiet when it is at the lowest settings for sleeping.
It is a little pricey and I was doubting whether it is worth it. But, yeah I am loving it so far.

Purchased in February 2019 at eBay.

Chloe

ChloeSydney, NSW

Tornado

Don't believe the promises about its quietness. Even on the lowest setting the noise is too annoying to sleep with. Why are product manufacturers still allowed to lie about their product features. Money down the drain. Yes, it's well made. Yes the way it circulates air is clever. But the noise is horrible.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $120.00.

Russted

RusstedMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Well, I'm a fan...!

Purchased in September 2018.

WildOne

WildOneMelbourne

Bit on the noisey side...

Bought this fan yesterday after reading all the reviews. Was looking at having the fan in the bedroom or near to make sleeping easier, unfortunately this fan is too loud even on the low setting. So hard to listen to it in the shops, when purchasing with all the background noise. Its a great fan to circulate the air around quickly.....maybe I should of bought the smaller version for bedroom but I bought the bigger one to use throughout the house when required. Its up to you as they buyer in the end...

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Kwin

KwinSydney Surrounds, NSW

Money well spent

We have a 2 bedroom home, and this moves the air from the air conditioned lounge room through to the bedroom and bathroom area. Keeps us cool to help sleep at night, and reduces power bills by moving air through the house.
Took us ages to make a decision - glad we bought this.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Sweet

SweetThornbury 3071

Good,strong and quiet if set at the lowest wind level

Its first impression to me is very sturdy. The lowest wind level is cool enough when the temperature is over 35. It helps air circulation, so you can set the air conditioner at the moderate temperature, and open it at the same time. If you choose the stronger wind level, it will be very noisy during the night. I consider to have another one.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

bazSydney, NSW

I'm a fan

I bought one of these recently to try and reduce air conditioning running costs. It's fabulous and works like a charm. I did see in a review elsewhere someone was beefing that it shoots the air out in a narrow current but that's exactly what it's meant to do.....they didn't read the instructions. This really is a top product and recommended.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Practical Man

Practical ManBrisbane

Okay but needs improvement given the cost

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Sarah

Sarah

Love this air circulator

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Brandon F

Brandon FBrisbane

I’m converted, this is one helluva fan. I mean, whole room air circulator.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Liana Cortijo

Liana Cortijoasked

My vornado is not working. Where can I have it repaired? I live in pymble nsw
Lcortijo@gmail.Com

DanielC

You CANNOT have it repaired. That's the whole issue with Vornado, they are only a box dropper but have NO service agents in Australia (as I got told via email by them in 12/2020). You may now throw your Vornado in the nearest bin and contribute to global pollution.

Anna L.

Anna L.asked

where is the vornado fan made? which country is it manufactured?

TMG

Made in China. But very well made.
I highly recommend .
Better than any other fan I have had, and I have many.

Cam G

Cam Gasked

Do they also work as a fan if i was to put it on a table shooting directly at me would i get a good flow of air hit me? Im going fifo and i sleep with a fan on me everynight so want something i can travel with

baz

Yes but it's not meant to be used like that....you need to direct it to the top corner of the room

Features:

• The Vornado 660 Air Circulator uses heavily contoured blades to churn the air into a column shape, which ultimately projects air further and helps keep everyone in the room cool
  • Four fan speeds allow you to adjust how gentle or powerful you’d prefer the airflow in a room, while a multi-directional airflow ensures all sections of the room are evenly cooled
  • A detachable grill allows for quick and easy cleaning
  • Its small, compact size is unobtrusive, and allows this standalone fan to be placed largely out of sight, without compromising on the quality of airflow.

Feedback from reviewers:

• According to reviewers, the most appealing quality of this Vornado model is that it’s a powerful fan that does what it claims and circulates air swiftly around a room
  • Sometimes reviewers found the fan to be too noisy to be left on throughout the night, while others found the noise level acceptable, if the fan is set on the lowest speed. Some even appreciated the white noise that the fan provided.
  • The Vornado 660 Air Circulator costs $259, which is a little pricey for a standalone fan. However, while reviewers acknowledged this, most also expressed that this fan was worth the money.
CategoryStandalone Fans