MPNs: KBO2001BK and KBO2001R

Julietta
JuliettaSydney, NSW

Solid Kettle

Kettle has an aesthetically pleasing appearance. The lid is metal with no plastic on the inside. The water level is easy to read. The kettle boils relatively quickly, although similar to other kettles we have owned. This kettle is quite. There is a small light to indicate it is boiling but this is sufficient. The lid can be hard to remove and put back in completely. There are some small scratches after six months of use appearing on the interface between the lid and the rim. Overall decent kettle, so far so good.

Purchased in November 2020.

Brown.satisfiedvague
Brown.satisfiedvagueMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love the colour!

Looks great. Works well.. and I make about 20 cups of tea per day, so I'm pretty tough on kettles. I've had it a few months now, and it's still going strong. Yeah, the price was a bit high, but still lower than everywhere else.

Purchased in August 2020 at Amazon for $99.00.

Eliza2018
Eliza2018Illawarra, NSW

Great product, beautiful design but very loud.

We purchased this kettle in 2017 with matching 4 slice toaster.

We loved the design and how it compliments other Delonghi appliances (coffee machine). It has served us well for nearly 4 years, however, it is very loud. Aside from that, functioned well and served its purpose: boil water and look nice in the kitchen.

Purchased in May 2017 at David Jones.

honesty
honestysydney

SOOO NOISY ! WAY TO LOUD

It's a kettle, looks good and works well however it's SO loud you have to stop talking / turn the tv right up when it's on. Definately would not buy another one. My mum also has one with exactly the same issue. Get this kettle is you are deaf lol

Katherine
KatherineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stylish, noisy, slow, rusty and dangerous.

Purchased in August 2019 at Myer for $139.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019

Chic looks, fragile design

DonLea
DonLeaperth

RUSTY AFTER A MONTH

It has taken 2 weeks to get rid of the very tinny taste. Also 3 weeks later the inside has rusted . Taking it back to good guys today as not happy. I absolutely love the look of it and was so excited to buy it but very dissappointed! Going for a different brand. I thought $100 for a kettle was steep and it is if it rusts within the month.

Purchased in August 2020 at The Good Guys for $94.00.

AnthonyN
AnthonyNSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Wouldn’t buy a new one

Loud, very loud for a premium kettle, taste is fine. It’s slower than most, but that’s because of the 1.7l volume, which is larger than most.
Had this kettle now for 5 yrs now, average 3 boils a day, but it disappointed me from the very first year for what you would be touting the looks. The chrome started peeling the first year and asked if something could be done about, the staff at the good guys said it wasn’t an issue that could be resolved.

Purchased in April 2015 at The Good Guys for $129.00.

Edwin.Z
Edwin.ZPerth, WA

Worst kettle design possible

The lid is very difficult to come off or get back in. When it does come off, the residual moisture trapped in the lid gets everywhere. The water meter does not reflects the actual water level. The last bit of water would never come out without spilling everywhere. The worst is that it takes like 3 times the time to boil the same amount of water with other kettles. The worst possible kettle ever.

Purchased in January 2019.

Poor quality

My first kettle lasted about 2 yrs then stopped working so we bought another one and same thing happened after 2 yrs stopped working , expected more for the price these sell for. Wouldn’t buy another one

Purchased in January 2018.

Annie K
Annie KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best kettle I’ve ever owned.

This is definitely the best kettle I’ve ever owned. The pouring spout is perfect, never spills a drop, it doesn’t leak when boiling, and the water tastes great.
It wasn’t cheap, but definitely worth the extra money, plus it looks great in my kitchen (I got the dark blue), doesn’t even show finger marks like most other kettles do. Highly recommend!!

Purchased at Myer for $139.00.

Davo
DavoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quality kettle

A quality product with a stylish look and great colour. Works well and gives that extra look to our kitchen.Just bought another kettle along with the matching toaster as backup, incase DeLonghi changes the design. Love the look.

November 14th 2019 Update: Great design

Had this kettle for three years now and have just bought a back up one as Delonghi seem to be changing there design and I wanted to keep the look in our kitchen.
The quality is top notch and this little work horse never misses a beat.
Good quality finish as well.
Would definitely recommend.

Purchased in November 2019 at Peter's of Kensington for $89.00.

C.Ry.
C.Ry.Perth, WA

lasts..

This kettle has lasted me 4 years!!! And I have tea around 3 times a day. Very impressed with it, except only recently it has started to leak when I tip it to pour water into my mug. Otherwise.. i think it lasted pretty well for a kettle that gets used so much.

Lorraine
LorrainePerth, WA

Looks good. Bought from Myers.

Water tastes fine, level hard to see. Speed of boiling okay. Colour very nice. Downhill from here. Lid is very tinny and ill fitting. The worst fault is how quickly the inside base discolours. Every couple of days I boil a couple of cut lemons in it to remove the stains. Even this doesn't work 100% each time. My old cheap red Kmart kettle leaves this expensive one for dead. Glad I didn't throw it out!

Purchased in April 2019 at Myers.

Michele1608
Michele1608Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Don't judge toaster and kettle by its cover!!

Purchased for $130.00.

Helen A
Helen Aasked
Icona KBO2001

Is the kettle noisy? I currently have a Bosch kettle and it's really noisy any advise?

My Delonghi kettle is not noisy and the bottom part doesn’t get hot only towards the spout as I have to be careful of my special needs children as they like to try and touch hot things. Try the Delonghi as I have in my photo. Good luck

spotlessasked
Icona KBO2001

I have a delonghi kettle kb02001r I would like to clean it on the inside as it almost look like a cooper colour inside.I bought a kettle cleaner and the instructions on the bottle says not to use it on aluminium or magnesium alloy kettles. What is the interior of this kettle and what do you recomend to clean the kettle interior with?
Thanking you in anticipation for your reply.
Agnes

Nat
Nat

I've never used a "kettle cleaner" as such. What I have done in the past is cut up a lemon into chunks, pop them in the kettle with water level at MAX and boil twice. Empty out the lemon and water. Refill with clean water and boil. Rinse and repeat. Good to go. I've done this with all of my kettles over the years, whether they be metal or plastic and have had no issues. Mum and Nan passed this down to me :)

spotless

I was told the same method by a friend and it worked wonders. Thanks for the tip.

See all DeLonghi Icona Kettle questions

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

Compare both DeLonghi Icona Kettle