DeLonghi Icona KBO2001

MPNs: KBO2001BK and KBO2001R

C.Ry.

C.Ry.Perth, WA

lasts..

This kettle has lasted me 4 years!!! And I have tea around 3 times a day. Very impressed with it, except only recently it has started to leak when I tip it to pour water into my mug. Otherwise.. i think it lasted pretty well for a kettle that gets used so much.

Lorraine

LorrainePerth, WA

Looks good. Bought from Myers.

Water tastes fine, level hard to see. Speed of boiling okay. Colour very nice. Downhill from here. Lid is very tinny and ill fitting. The worst fault is how quickly the inside base discolours. Every couple of days I boil a couple of cut lemons in it to remove the stains. Even this doesn't work 100% each time. My old cheap red Kmart kettle leaves this expensive one for dead. Glad I didn't throw it out!

Purchased in April 2019 at Myers.

Michele1608

Michele1608Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Don't judge toaster and kettle by its cover!!

Purchased for $130.00.

Bazil

BazilNorth Western Region, NSW

Looks nice but noisy

Love the look of this kettle!! The lid is a little hard to remove when filling and the water level feature is hiding under the handle which makes it a little hard to see. The element is hidden but it is noisy when boiling. But it looks smart with its glossy finish.

Purchased in June 2019 at Qantas store for $120.00.

C A

C ACentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Slow but reliable

Reliable, stylish and easy to use. I bought the red and the colour is great, I also bought matching toaster.
It doesn't taint the water, scale doesn't build up and it works fine with tank water.
Lost a star as it takes quite a while to boil. Linger than my previous cheapo supermarket brand, but apart from that I am happy.
It certainly looks nice on the bench!

Purchased in June 2016 at Myer Gifts Online for $109.00.

Lisa

LisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

No complaints

Kettle and toaster were bought secondhand from a friend moving abroad. Both are used several times a day and the kettle in particular has heavy use. No rust, no spills, pours beautifully and is perfectly weighted. Cannot see what all the fuss is about as we really love ours.

Purchased in September 2018.

Leeeeeeena

LeeeeeeenaSouth Australia

Faulty. The worst customer service. Zero stars.

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman for $89.00.

Kit

KitGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not a safe product. Outer shell gets very hot.

Outside gets very hot despite doble “insulared” shells! Cannot clearly see level of water. I got burnt touching the outer shell. We bought matching RED toaster.
Look good but that’s all about

Purchased in January 2017.

Pretty but rusting from 6 months on

The kettle spout rusted at its base and the brown peeled around the lid from 6 months onwards. I have continued to use it (18 months) and it leaks water everywhere when I fill a pot. Also there is often a significant pool of water at the base following boiling. Need to chuck it as it’s unsafe. Will go back to trusty Russell Hobbs - in my experience their kettles lasted 5+ years. I change the filter, descale etc so it’s not misuse/abuse just poor design and workmanship.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Andrew

AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Water level indicator is opaque

Having unboxed the kettle from Goodguys, and topped up water for first time , the plastic water level tube is opaque and my elderly parents want to know idiot would make it like that. :)

Fair comment from people who have seen a few kettles come and go over 85 years. I think this one is going to go because of that annoying issue...

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Kyneton

KynetonKyneton

11 years of loyal service

we have had the Delonghi Icona in red for 10+ years and it has been faultless - it's a handsome looking kettle and often visitors often make enquiries - we always recommend it highly and advise that they can buy with confidence. We're are purchasing exactly the same model now

Date PurchasedJan 2007

Scottbarb

ScottbarbAdelaide

I can’t get in touch with the company?

Not happy, product just over 12 months old - expensive. Obviously high price does not equal quality. The on and off switch does not work. Tried to call someone- no contact numbers - all on line. All I want is a replacement or a person to talk to but it seems no one will take responsibility for an item that is clearly faulty.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Shirley Marjanovic

Shirley MarjanovicSydney, NSW

Love my kettle

I love my kettle as it looks Amazing in my kitchen with my matching toaster. I use my kettle everyday to make tea, my children lunches for school it is very easy to use. I recommend everyone to buy this kettle if you love the vintage look! I picked a black colour one to match my kitchen theme.
Thanks Delonghi,
Shirley Marjanovic

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Manufacture Date wanted

The kettle no longer boils water properly & will not boil again for sometime until after it cools down. Can anyone tell me when it was manufactured as I was told I purchased it in 2013 which I feel is not correct. I did purchase extra warranty however this was after another brand of kettle started to leak and was returned to supplier.

Date PurchasedDec 2013
Ryan W

Ryan WShepparton

Element burned out after 18 months

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Mathews

MathewsPerth

terrible product and warranty

I purchased the kettle in March 2017 from Harvey Norman and used it more than once every day. Within 4 months, the kettle has rusted inside and outside. When contacted the manufacturer under the warranty, I was given the run around - to take to an agent who will forward the product to the Delonghi and wait for their decision. You have to live without a kettle during that time. What a terrible product and what a terrible service. Please don't buy this product. I will not buy any of their product in my life time.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

James

JamesMelbourne

Reliable, quality kettle

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Icons vintage kettles

After two years kettle started to pack up as when boiling the water it cuts out as the switch is faulty and no parts to fix the problem just another throw away and buy a new one then the winge about land fill but as I say no spare parts for these kettles

Date PurchasedMay 2015

TeaLover

TeaLoverSydney

Paint is peeling

The kettle works fine, but the paint is peeling and the the plastic top of the lid is cracked soon after purchase. There is scale on outside of the kettle, but we don't know how to remove it without removing the paint with it. Doesn't look good any more. Expensive kettle, but the quality is disappointing.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

watashi

watashi

Looks nice, stopped working @13 months.

Yes - looks great. Functional too.
Lid is a little stiff to get off.
Sad part was when it stopped working at 13 months. DeLonghi have agreed to replace it... after some phone calls. Not sure we will buy any more DeLonghi stuff; did not expect it to fail so soon.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

See all DeLonghi Icona / Icona Vintage Kettle reviews

Helen A

Helen Aasked

Is the kettle noisy? I currently have a Bosch kettle and it's really noisy any advise?

My Delonghi kettle is not noisy and the bottom part doesn’t get hot only towards the spout as I have to be careful of my special needs children as they like to try and touch hot things. Try the Delonghi as I have in my photo. Good luck

spotlessasked

I have a delonghi kettle kb02001r I would like to clean it on the inside as it almost look like a cooper colour inside.I bought a kettle cleaner and the instructions on the bottle says not to use it on aluminium or magnesium alloy kettles. What is the interior of this kettle and what do you recomend to clean the kettle interior with?
Thanking you in anticipation for your reply.
Agnes

Nat
Nat

I've never used a "kettle cleaner" as such. What I have done in the past is cut up a lemon into chunks, pop them in the kettle with water level at MAX and boil twice. Empty out the lemon and water. Refill with clean water and boil. Rinse and repeat. Good to go. I've done this with all of my kettles over the years, whether they be metal or plastic and have had no issues. Mum and Nan passed this down to me :)

spotless

I was told the same method by a friend and it worked wonders. Thanks for the tip.

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

CategoryElectric Kettles