MPNs: KBO2001BK and KBO2001R

Katherine

KatherineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stylish, noisy, slow, rusty and dangerous.

Purchased in August 2019 at Myer for $139.00.

Paul

PaulCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Chic looks, fragile design

DonLea

DonLeaperth

RUSTY AFTER A MONTH

It has taken 2 weeks to get rid of the very tinny taste. Also 3 weeks later the inside has rusted . Taking it back to good guys today as not happy. I absolutely love the look of it and was so excited to buy it but very dissappointed! Going for a different brand. I thought $100 for a kettle was steep and it is if it rusts within the month.

Purchased in August 2020 at The Good Guys for $94.00.

AnthonyN

AnthonyNSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Wouldn’t buy a new one

Loud, very loud for a premium kettle, taste is fine. It’s slower than most, but that’s because of the 1.7l volume, which is larger than most.
Had this kettle now for 5 yrs now, average 3 boils a day, but it disappointed me from the very first year for what you would be touting the looks. The chrome started peeling the first year and asked if something could be done about, the staff at the good guys said it wasn’t an issue that could be resolved.

Purchased in April 2015 at The Good Guys for $129.00.

Edwin.Z

Edwin.ZPerth, WA

Worst kettle design possible

The lid is very difficult to come off or get back in. When it does come off, the residual moisture trapped in the lid gets everywhere. The water meter does not reflects the actual water level. The last bit of water would never come out without spilling everywhere. The worst is that it takes like 3 times the time to boil the same amount of water with other kettles. The worst possible kettle ever.

Purchased in January 2019.

Poor quality

My first kettle lasted about 2 yrs then stopped working so we bought another one and same thing happened after 2 yrs stopped working , expected more for the price these sell for. Wouldn’t buy another one

Purchased in January 2018.

Annie K

Annie KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best kettle I’ve ever owned.

This is definitely the best kettle I’ve ever owned. The pouring spout is perfect, never spills a drop, it doesn’t leak when boiling, and the water tastes great.
It wasn’t cheap, but definitely worth the extra money, plus it looks great in my kitchen (I got the dark blue), doesn’t even show finger marks like most other kettles do. Highly recommend!!

Purchased at Myer for $139.00.

Davo

DavoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quality kettle

A quality product with a stylish look and great colour. Works well and gives that extra look to our kitchen.Just bought another kettle along with the matching toaster as backup, incase DeLonghi changes the design. Love the look.

November 14th 2019 Update: Great design

Had this kettle for three years now and have just bought a back up one as Delonghi seem to be changing there design and I wanted to keep the look in our kitchen.
The quality is top notch and this little work horse never misses a beat.
Good quality finish as well.
Would definitely recommend.

Purchased in November 2019 at Peter's of Kensington for $89.00.

C.Ry.

C.Ry.Perth, WA

lasts..

This kettle has lasted me 4 years!!! And I have tea around 3 times a day. Very impressed with it, except only recently it has started to leak when I tip it to pour water into my mug. Otherwise.. i think it lasted pretty well for a kettle that gets used so much.

Lorraine

LorrainePerth, WA

Looks good. Bought from Myers.

Water tastes fine, level hard to see. Speed of boiling okay. Colour very nice. Downhill from here. Lid is very tinny and ill fitting. The worst fault is how quickly the inside base discolours. Every couple of days I boil a couple of cut lemons in it to remove the stains. Even this doesn't work 100% each time. My old cheap red Kmart kettle leaves this expensive one for dead. Glad I didn't throw it out!

Purchased in April 2019 at Myers.

Michele1608

Michele1608Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Don't judge toaster and kettle by its cover!!

Purchased for $130.00.

Bazil

BazilNorth Western Region, NSW

Looks nice but noisy

Love the look of this kettle!! The lid is a little hard to remove when filling and the water level feature is hiding under the handle which makes it a little hard to see. The element is hidden but it is noisy when boiling. But it looks smart with its glossy finish.

Purchased in June 2019 at Qantas store for $120.00.

C A

C ACentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Slow but reliable

Reliable, stylish and easy to use. I bought the red and the colour is great, I also bought matching toaster.
It doesn't taint the water, scale doesn't build up and it works fine with tank water.
Lost a star as it takes quite a while to boil. Linger than my previous cheapo supermarket brand, but apart from that I am happy.
It certainly looks nice on the bench!

Purchased in June 2016 at Myer Gifts Online for $109.00.

Lisa

LisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

No complaints

Kettle and toaster were bought secondhand from a friend moving abroad. Both are used several times a day and the kettle in particular has heavy use. No rust, no spills, pours beautifully and is perfectly weighted. Cannot see what all the fuss is about as we really love ours.

Purchased in September 2018.

Noise Level
Leeeeeeena

LeeeeeeenaSouth Australia

Faulty. The worst customer service. Zero stars.

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman for $89.00.

Kit

KitGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not a safe product. Outer shell gets very hot.

Outside gets very hot despite doble “insulared” shells! Cannot clearly see level of water. I got burnt touching the outer shell. We bought matching RED toaster.
Look good but that’s all about

Purchased in January 2017.

Pretty but rusting from 6 months on

The kettle spout rusted at its base and the brown peeled around the lid from 6 months onwards. I have continued to use it (18 months) and it leaks water everywhere when I fill a pot. Also there is often a significant pool of water at the base following boiling. Need to chuck it as it’s unsafe. Will go back to trusty Russell Hobbs - in my experience their kettles lasted 5+ years. I change the filter, descale etc so it’s not misuse/abuse just poor design and workmanship.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Andrew

AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Water level indicator is opaque

Having unboxed the kettle from Goodguys, and topped up water for first time , the plastic water level tube is opaque and my elderly parents want to know idiot would make it like that. :)

Fair comment from people who have seen a few kettles come and go over 85 years. I think this one is going to go because of that annoying issue...

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Kyneton

KynetonKyneton

11 years of loyal service

we have had the Delonghi Icona in red for 10+ years and it has been faultless - it's a handsome looking kettle and often visitors often make enquiries - we always recommend it highly and advise that they can buy with confidence. We're are purchasing exactly the same model now

Date PurchasedJan 2007
Scottbarb

ScottbarbAdelaide

I can’t get in touch with the company?

Not happy, product just over 12 months old - expensive. Obviously high price does not equal quality. The on and off switch does not work. Tried to call someone- no contact numbers - all on line. All I want is a replacement or a person to talk to but it seems no one will take responsibility for an item that is clearly faulty.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Helen A

Helen Aasked

Icona KBO2001

Is the kettle noisy? I currently have a Bosch kettle and it's really noisy any advise?

My Delonghi kettle is not noisy and the bottom part doesn’t get hot only towards the spout as I have to be careful of my special needs children as they like to try and touch hot things. Try the Delonghi as I have in my photo. Good luck

spotlessasked

Icona KBO2001

I have a delonghi kettle kb02001r I would like to clean it on the inside as it almost look like a cooper colour inside.I bought a kettle cleaner and the instructions on the bottle says not to use it on aluminium or magnesium alloy kettles. What is the interior of this kettle and what do you recomend to clean the kettle interior with?
Thanking you in anticipation for your reply.
Agnes

Nat
Nat

I've never used a "kettle cleaner" as such. What I have done in the past is cut up a lemon into chunks, pop them in the kettle with water level at MAX and boil twice. Empty out the lemon and water. Refill with clean water and boil. Rinse and repeat. Good to go. I've done this with all of my kettles over the years, whether they be metal or plastic and have had no issues. Mum and Nan passed this down to me :)

spotless

I was told the same method by a friend and it worked wonders. Thanks for the tip.

See all DeLonghi Icona Kettle questions

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

Compare both DeLonghi Icona Kettle