Delrico Retractable Hose Reel

Delrico Retractable Hose Reel

28m with SRS, 14m

3.8

Reliable and lasts the distance

I required reliable retractable hoses for my large gardens and have only just replaced them all after 15 yrs continuous use. Sold the property with hoses still intact and working well. Recently bought 4 more retractable Delrico hoses for our new house and wouldn’t go past them. Well worth the money.

Purchased in February 2020.

Delrico
Delrico ReelsDelrico

Hi John, many thanks for taking the time to leave a review! Very happy to see the longevity of our reels. As they are built to last!

Ojob

OjobSouth East Queensland, QLD

All bling and no zing

Fittings look good but leak badly
Retract / hold has a mind of its own sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't
Difficult to get to fully retract as hose jams and won't go any further

Digger11

Digger11Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

2 Year Review

Bought the 28m hose reel 2 years ago for my elderly parents based on Choice Review and the slow return mechanism.
No point in reviewing back then as all new things work usually.
Good news is that 2 years later the hose and mechanism have been faultless.
Very pleased and would buy again. Also, as another reviewer noted, the diameter of the hose seems a bit larger than the cheap Chinese ones you can get from Bunnings. So waterflow is very fast.

chilli

chilliBroome

Forget it they're rubbish

I bought three of their retractable hose reels one still retracts after a couple of years the brass fittings fail as do the rubber grips on the fittings, I tried to phone the company on a few occasions only to get a message service and not once have they phoned back, they have a one two warranty once you've got it its too late,
We thought that with the expensive price we'd have reliability and service crap is what we got!!!
You can do far better buying from your local hardware store for half the price that way if they do fail you haven't done your hard earned savings

Peter O.

Peter O.Sydney, NSW

Why did a buy a DelricoHose Reel.

Quite simply because my old Delrico Hose Reel stopped working after many years of continuous use. Because I was so happy with my old Delrico Hose Reel, I purchased another one. I did not shop around or check opposition hose reels. I replaced my old hose reel with exactly the same item and I expect another long life from my new hose reel. Save yourself a lot of time and just buy a Delrico Hose reel.

Anne

Anne

Very disappointing

After purchasing our hose reel it had to be returned soon after due to the hose not retracting. It is now doing so again and leaking badly from the fittings. Expect more from an expensive item but unfortunately we're now out of warranty so guess that's that!

CJD

CJDSydney

Great product!

Having used one for the backyard for the past 10+years, and it being very reliable, have purchased another for the front yard. Very happy with the durability of the product and easy handling. Happy customer.

Returning Customer

We have a large backgarden. Purchased our first Delrico more than 10 years ago and it's still going strong with almost daily use.
Purchasing another one today for the front.
Product has been updated since we purchased our first.
This unit has a thicker hose and brass fittings when compared to other major brands that are a similar price.
Service was friendly and professional.
Couldn't go past them. Would recommend to family and friends. Looking forward to another 10 years of use.

deckstar001Sydney, NSW

Failed just out of warranty period

THESE DO NOT LAST. Paid good money for 2 of these based on a “shire” recommendation. After two years holding and retraction is hit and miss. Hose is ruptured inside one of the reels. The housing is faded and trim has come away. Emailed Deleico for repair instructions with NO response! . Given the price you would be better off buying a name brand at BUNNINGS. Footnote. 3 months later no communication from
Delrico. Pulled them down and thrown them away. Rip off

yvonne-vale

yvonne-valeAU

Same same

After researching the product and paying for what I thought was a premium product I was expecting high performance. The reality after 2 years is that it’s the same as any other product out there. The casing has markedly faded and become brittle and discoloured. The hose retracts sometimes and at others not all the way in. The brass fittings are good and the hose has no leaks or dings. The most dissatisfaction comes from the appearance of the casing - old and weathered looking in just over 2 years although it’s located on the south side of a wall and not in sun all the time....cheaper to get something that costs less and replace every couple of years...which I will be doing next time

SALLY FULFORD

SALLY FULFORDperth

No better than any other hose

Delrico is more expensive than other brands. Casing has become brittle from the sun, hose will not retract correctly and the brass nozle broke soon after being purchased. Will be buying a cheaper brand, with the same warranty.

Friendly service and great product

Friendly service and great product . Repair completed in one day just prior to Xmas. I have 4 of their products, I would recommend this product snd they work very well

klm105

klm105Hunter Region, NSW

Disappointing quality

Bought this a few years ago. Hose retracts sometimes not always so I often have a few metres of hose that I can't get back in. Fittings also leak badly.

Les from SydneySydney

Better than ever.

CHRIS HUNT

CHRIS HUNTMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Quality product from a great company

After trying most brands of hose reels and having little success I stumbled across Delrico.
Unbelievable quality, beautifully built and engineered. They don't advertise heavily I think they rely on word of mouth. If you're looking for a bargain forget it however if you want to pay a reasonable price and get something that will last for years look no further!

Judi

JudiNew South Wales

Exceeded my expectations

I bought two longer reels in the colour of my choice. I am impressed with their robustness and the quality of the hose and fittings. It's early days but I am confident this product exceeds the robustness of those I have seen available in retail outlets.
If I don't write another review contradicting this one you will know I am still happy
Also thanks to the product review site, I used it a lot in kitting out our new home
Judi☺️

Two 28 Met hose reels

Hose reels are the best quality .The best hose and reel I have ever had . Very quick service They came in 2 days .
All fittings are the best of quality

What a difference in Quality

Bought a Delrico online on recommendation from friends. It arrived promptly. What a difference in quality. For a hose real it really is quite attractive. Husband love the way it locks and retracts. Would recommend to others as it was to me.

WhoDatasked

Retractable Hose Reel

Second 5 year old reel sent in and returned with locking mechanism fixed properly.

$60 return shipping. No charge for repair.

Two weeks turn around this time.
I'm sure it was the Corona Prevention Restrictions.

Thanks for the fix Delrico.
Much appreciated.

WhoDatasked

Retractable Hose Reel

Super happy with my 2 Delrico 14M Reels purchases in Jan 2015. One for the front and one for the back. The one for the back has just stopped locking. Any thoughts on how to repair myself?

Les from Sydney

Contact Delco, they are a small company and very,very helpful.

deckstar001

Mine are the same. Don’t bother emailing Delrico. I got no response. I’m throwing mine out and starting again.

WhoDat

Updated Monday 21st January 2019.

Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated. I'll give them a fair go to answer the phone first. They were great support when I wanted longer connection hoses ( From tap to reel) when ordering. They provided both longer at no extra charge.

Not open until the 14th. Gutted!

Today is the 14th of January 2019. Contacted Delrico. First day back and I'm sure they are super busy. Answered on first call within a few rings. Very nice and polite manner confirmed mine is 3 years old from photos and that they would be happy to repair for free. Just that I'd have to pay for shipping of $30. Both ways - totalling $60. They gave instruction to find shipping labels purchase on their website under Accessories. I'll have to buy two. Once purchased they will send me the shipping label. And I would need to take the reel to AusPost with the label.

Today is the 21st. Just received my reel back within 4 business days with FastWay. Fastway reviews were 1 star. Which is consistently really bad as far as reviews go. Despite the bad reviews delivery was completed without issue.

As far as Delrico goes, great turn around and the locking mechanism I sent for repair, now works again.

Both my lady and I are very happy with the turn around time and repair. $60 for a very nice hose reel ( shipping with free repair ) instead of couple hundred on a new one and having to place this one in landfill as rubbish. Bonus!

Thanks heaps Delrico. Much appreciated.

Get an answer from our members and Delrico representatives