Designer Brands Cosmetics

Designer Brands Cosmetics

2.6

Would not buy Again

Terrible make up, cheap material made in Taiwan. IT has a very funny smell like plastic. Not nice at all, it’s cheap and horrible on your skin. I broke out and I never do, who knows what ingredients I put on my skin. As when I called them they didn’t know what was in their own products. Never Again, Cheap and Nasty!

Mish

MishGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Strong chemical smell

I purchased the Matte longwear lip gloss from Priceline in Frankston shopping centre, and I honestly would be too scared to even put it on. Immediately when I opened it the overwhelming stench of strong chemicals was intense. I have never smelt that on a makeup product before let alone a lip gloss. I don't know how they are making this stuff but just on the smell I refuse to use it. Just FYI I'm not super conscious about what I put on my skin, (probably should be, but I'm not) so for me to be scared to use it, it has to be pretty bad. I will be returning but don't currently have the time to get back there.

Michelle Harlow

Michelle HarlowSouth East Queensland, QLD

Tube Mascara

Fibres went everywhere immediately and were clumpy. I had fibres falling on my face. This was a 3 step process and I recommend never wasting money on this product ever. I cannot recall such a poor quality makeup at all!

Sharon B.

Most impressed with makeup

MariaM

MariaMGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Desiner brand DB Eye Kohl Pencil

This must be a reformulation. The original was a deep ocean blue (true to its name) with so much pigment, it used to gently glide on & id apply it on my waterline where it would stay on and look stunning. Now it’s like a blue, grey led pencil.
It is completely useless...
..well not completely, I use it to make notes on a pieces of paper when I’m writing out my shopping list.
I don’t know how to say this nicely but it’s crap.

Horrible nail polish.

I bought some DB Quick Colour Nail Polish and it’s terrible. It dried quickly but it’s not very good even though I only paid $4. I’ve had better $2 polish.

Theodora

TheodoraSouth West, WA

Good for hypersensitive skin

I have super problematic skin and am allergic to almost everything you find in makeup and skincare; fragrance, alcohol, talc etc. I started using the DB Beauty Balm (its a BB cream) and so far I've had almost no reaction to it (I've yet to find anything I can wear all day without any reaction). Feeling positive, I picked up their Barely Nude mineral foundation powder and so far I'm liking it a lot! So I'd recommend giving this brand a try if you've tried everything with no luck.
I don't know how much more detail I can possibly give?

This Chemist Brand Of Cosmetics Is Amazing!

when i found the DB products i was skeptical about how gpod it was because of how cheap it is but i can gladly say that this is by far the best pharmacy makeup i have ever used. It didnt irrate my skin, its breathable, and id recommend it to anyone.

MrsFedUp

MrsFedUp

Vegan Lip Gloss and Vegan Retractable Eye Liner

I bought these two items last week and I'm very happy with the products. I'm going back to get more. I've been looking for easily obtainable vegan cosmetics and finally found a cosmetic company that supports my cruelty free ethos, whose products are easily purchased from a local store, and whose products are beautiful! Beauty without cruelty! Well done.

Not Great

Heard alot of great reviews so decided to give the 24hour foundation and oil free foundation a go. When i first got them i could tell straight away that they weren't full literally half way you could see the inside of the bottle with both of them. When i used it they were so much lighter then they appeared in the bottle and looked very cakey especially the 24hour foundation after just an hours wear. As the money back guarantee goes, it should state that the returns are not free!! no point returning a bad product using my own money. As for the eyeshadow pallete i got; hated it. the brush literally scratches me and the shadows dont blend or have enough pigment.

Laura

Laura

Great value for money and good quality product.

Robyn

RobynSouth East Queensland, QLD

DB EXTEND A LASH Brush on Lash Fibres

Just bought this today and its awful wont be using it again. The black fibres fall all over my face, all over my vanity and the final look is just a bit clumpy looking. My eyes now feel gritty like there are fibres in them. A waste of $20

24 Hour Lip Gloss

First and only time purchasing this product. Lasts an hour if that. First time I've ever had to take lipstick with me to work to refresh. Shouldn't be allowed to be called 24 hour wear under the trade description act. Very disappointing will go back to mabyeline superstay or revlon which do as they advertise and stay on for 24 hours.

Don't Buy Any Of These Products

I got my exact shade and it looked fine in the mirror and on but once you put the flash to take a photo you look like a ghost. I opened the foundation a pumped it onto my hand and with a damp beauty blender i went to apply it and it didn't blend well. The next day i thought i would give it one more go and it was clumpy. Please save your money and don't buy these products.

Find out how Designer Brands Cosmetics compares to other Beauty Product Brands

You get what you pay for

I actually wouldn't recommend this product at all after using it. I used Minerals Foundation, lip gloss, Eye shadow...
Very good price but... Well, you know what they say... you get what you pay for. This product does not give you what you pay for. Just wasting money.

Catherine

Catherine

Mixed results

I just bought a heap of DB cosmetics. The 24-hour matt lip wand lasts maybe 2 hours (Covergirl is the absolute best in this product). The DB extend-a-lash is awful. Results are poor, not user friendly either. Fibres everywhere - face, hands, vanity basin. On the upside - the DB lash primer is excellent.

TheOrchidQueen

TheOrchidQueenPerth

Extend A Brow Instant Brow Volumiser

Can't get by without this. It makes brow sculpting a breeze by eliminating all the time spent filling in the brow area with brow pencil. Product is applied by a sponge-like applicator that holds ultra-fine fibres that adhere to your brows. It gives you full, thick eyebrows in seconds that is easily sculpted by simply running over any mistakes you've made with a cotton tip. Yet it is stayput enough not to rub off. Paraben-free.

Lussuria

LussuriaMelbourne

DB Paw Paw Plus - Lips & Moisturizer

RipleyWA

RipleyWAPerth, WA

Not great for warmer temps above 20 degrees.

I purchased my first ever mineral foundation, started with DB, there was package deal (eye liner & blush). Read instructions and proceeded to use product and went about to work. When I arrived at work found that the mineral foundation had wiped away during my journey to work, I can see the physical "T" zone now, wiping the sweat from my brow and down my both sides of my sunniest zones. I physically looked like a white person, trying on sun tan lotion (no disrespect to white people just trying to describe only).
At the start it was light (feeling)
The very minute you sweat, just lightly brushing away with your fingers, it leaves your face & disappears.