Fan Buying Guide - How to choose the coolest tower or pedestal fan for you

If you’re looking for a way to avoid melting this summer, a fan could help. But with so many types on the market, how do you choose the best fan for your home?

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

3.9

• Power

Lois VerhagenNorth Queensland, QLD

How do you clean it?

This is a great little fan but I can't clean it. Now it takes a while to actually start rotating. Probably dust build up because I live out in the country. Please help

Danielle D.Dimplex

Hi Lois, if you can provide us your email there is video we can send you. Thanks

loisverhagen76@gmail.com

Ruben R.Dimplex

Thanks, we have sent it to you.

G.Y. Land

G.Y. LandGarran 2605, ACT

Same Model by ecHome for Half the Price - identical model

I recently purchased a Dimplex Air Circulator with Electronic Controls, Timer and Remote from TVSN for $149 and found an absolutely same model and design from ecHome at Amazon for $89 only. The Amazon item is the same item as the Dimplex including the same remote control. Why pay $60 more with the difference of the name in the centre stuck on by Dimplex. Both items are made in China and I am convinced they are manufactured at the same factory. Performance is the same and the only difference is the guaranty time of 12 months by Dimplex and 18 months by ecHome. The ecHome is cheaper and you get a longer-lasting guaranty.

Purchased in January 2021 at The Good Guys for $149.00.

Susan1443Sydney, NSW

Love this fan!

Purchased in December 2020 at ibuys Online store.

Great news!! susanmayfield@yahoo.com
I look forward to cleaning my fabulous fan :)

Thanks Susan, I have just sent you an email

Standalone Fans

Find out how Dimplex WhirlTech Air Circulators compares to other Standalone Fans

hokianga

hokiangaGippsland, VIC

Nice looking fan but hard to clean

Nice looking little fan, needs more thought put into accessing fan blades for cleaning. Can be quite noisy, they need a very low setting for at night, I found it too noisy to use in my bedroom at night, so ended up giving it away to a relative.

Purchased for $80.00.

Hmmmm

Love the design, but it broke a few days out of warranty like a fair few others I see. I have searched high and low for a fan that suits my needs and finally settled.on this one. Love it, particularly the design and function. Lights are too bright at night, and it really needs oscillation rather than 360 degree rotation. And then it broke. Want another but not if it will break again. (Rear bearing seized)

Purchased in May 2019 for $130.00.

Rachel A.Dimplex

Hi Rob, Thank you for reaching out to Glen Dimplex, I am sorry to hear about your experience, can you please send me an email at rachel.anderson@glendimplex.com.au for me to investigate and provide you with assistance as soon as possible

KendallSydney, NSW

Pretty good

Great function and form factor. Quite on low speed but noisy on high. Difficult to clean but not impossible. The front of the unit does come off, there is a screw you can access from the back. Once removed, it’s easier to get to cover off.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for $79.00.

Angela C.Dimplex

Hi Kendall,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Dimplex DCACM20

S.K.Illawarra, NSW

Has failed twice in 12 months

Purchased in April 2019 at Appliances Online for $46.00.

Hi S.K.
As previously mentioned on your previous review of the DCACM20 Please contact our technical team to discuss further 1300 556 816.

Jurgen

Jurgen

Excellent after-sales support

I bought one of these 14 months ago and it suddenly stopped working. I contacted Dimplex support and within a few days I had a replacement unit organised. Excellent after sales support and friendly team.

Purchased at The Good Guys for $140.00.

Hi Jurgen,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the DCACE20R

Clem

ClemSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good fan but useless if you can't clean it.

This is a great little fan to start with, but as mentioned in the manual, dust build-up will effect the operation and yet you can't remove the grill cover to clean the dust! They recommend to use a vacuum, however, as other reviews have mentioned, this simply does not work. So, depending on your environment, you effectively have a fan becoming increasing ineffective within a few months. Would I recommend it? Certainly NOT!

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for $75.00.

Me1558

Me1558South East Queensland, QLD

PR Top marks Dimplex Thank you

Good old fashioned service is alive and well. Purchased a Dimplex Evaporitave cooler ( can recommend) last November (2019) with this bonus fan. Fan failed in January just out of warranty, enquired Dimplex where to take for repairs but was informed it couldn't be fiixed but was requested to forward our purchase receipt. Today we recieved a replacement, not new, but how wonderful to encounter a company with genuine customer care qualities, as older Aussies it's a breath of fresh air. Thankyou Dimplex and congratulations.

Eleonore E.Dimplex

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Monty

MontySydney, NSW

Great fan

Very happy with purchase. I am light sleeper and wanted something quiet for bedroom. Low setting is more than enough for a nice breeze and average size room. Middle speed is noticeably louder and not something I could sleep with. Top speed is too noisy and not something you would have on continuously. Remote control is great, saving getting out of bed.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Hello

wyrmbait

wyrmbaitSouth East Queensland, QLD

Alternative Air Circulator

Jason

JasonHarrison 2914, ACT

Works as advertised

Strengths:
1. powerful airflow, even comparing with other 40cm fans in my house
2. long air moving distance
3. capable of various scenarios, either as a bedroom fan or living room circulator

Weaknesses:
1. pricy, over 100 for a tiny fan( though worth the price IMO)
2. the LEDs are basically search lights in the dark, though I'm not bothered personally.
3. the oscillation feature has no anchor point, so you have to adjust it through the remote everytime

Hi Jason,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a product review.

AlleyKat

AlleyKatMelbourne

Great little fan.

I bought this online so I wasn't quite sure what to expect.
I'm really glad I did get this fan, it's great! The lowest setting is quite powerful and quiet enough not to be very noticeable if sleeping or watching television. The other 2 settings are really strong and get a lot of air moving about the room when needed. The footprint of the fan is really small so it doesn't take up much room and you can put it anywhere you want, on the floor or side table etc. It has definitely been worth what I paid for it. I recommend this fan.

Thanks for posting a review on our product, we really appreciate your feedback.

Wishing you a great Christmas break.

jjunreal

jjunrealasked

WhirlTech Air Circulators

I own 3 of these Dimplex Air circulators and I love them but there is a major design flaw if they can't be cleaned properly. It is impossible to get to the blades with a vacuum cleaner as the user manual suggests. I have tried using an upholstery brush and a crevice tool which worked fine to remove the dust from the front and back panels but I could not get anywhere near the blades. I sat there for over an hour with a butter knife wrapped in a Chux wipe trying to remove all the dust to no avail. I have the electronic model with remote control and they are not a cheap unit. I feel that the built-up dust is affecting the fans performance, it even says that in the user manual but how are you supposed to keep it clean if you can't get to it. Surely there must be some way of removing the front panel.

Rachel A.Dimplex

Hi jjunreal, thank you for reaching out to Dimplex, Please contact our customer care team on 1800 444 357 with the model number of your unit and they will be able to assist you further. Alternatively you can email us at customer.care.ha@glendimplex.com.au

Mihye K.asked

WhirlTech Air Circulators

Vacuum cleaner is not enough to clean from blades accumulating dust. Is there any way to open the front panel? I love my Dimplex but this is the only fan I know that front panel cannot be opened?

Hi Mihye K.
The cover over the blades is a sealed unit and cannot be opened unfortunately.

Kendall

There is a tiny screw you can access from the back of the unit near the right arm. You need to remove this screw and slide the front face counterclockwise. If it gets stuck, you might need to use precision screwdrivers to help leverage it. Once this is off, the rest is easy.

Living life

Living lifeasked

DCACE20 (Electronic Controls and Timer)

How do you get to the blades to clean this model? Front does not seem to want to be removed and it would be very difficult without out being able to remove it

Hi LeeAnn Warren,
The blades are in a sealed unit so you will need to use your vacuum cleaner to clean the blades from time to time if there is a dust build up.

Mihye K.

Hi Glen, vacuum cleaner is definitely not enough to clean the blades. Is there anyway to open the front panel?

Rob

Mine started seizing a few days ago. Went to check on warranty status.... 2 days out, figures. Fan is incredible, but it needs to be cleanable. I found a screw on mine, back side of face plate at rim, around the 8 o'clock position. Removing that allowed me to rotate faceplate a couple degrees anti clockwise and it popped right off for cleaning. Don't do this of course as it could void your warranty or expose you to shock perhaps if it's plugged in or fire if you do it wrong.

Get an answer from our members and Dimplex representatives

Dimplex WhirlTech Air Circulators

Compare all 3 Dimplex WhirlTech Air Circulators
CategoryStandalone FansStandalone FansStandalone Fans
Price (RRP) $149.00$149.00$69.95
FeaturesHEPA Filter, Oscillating, Remote Control and TimerOscillating, Remote Control and TimerOscillating
Colour / FinishWhiteWhiteWhite
Number of Speed Settings33
Power45 W
TypeDeskDeskDesk
Dimensions 340 x 225 x 203 mm320 x 225 s 215 mm320 x 225 x 215 mm
Weight1.9 kg
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)
Construction