Bonjela Gel

See the Best Child Medications in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bonjela Gel? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.9
Sim1here
Sim1hereSydney, NSW

Bonjela Gel

Our son began teething just before four months, it was a painful period trying to find something that worked. There is a lot of different information out there regarding teething gels but we used this occasionally and it seemed to soothe our baby when the teething issues were at their worst. Thankfully our sons teeth cut through fairly quickly.

Purchased in April 2020.

Donna R.
Donna R.Sydney, NSW

Great product that works

Bonjela is great for teething and also mouth ulcers. Have always found that it worked and eased pain in a short period of time. The only downfall is the taste but that’s a small discomfort for a product that works.

Purchased in August 2020 at Coles for $9.00.

Concerned mother
Concerned motherSouth West, QLD

Bonjela - Warnings.

This is a serious issue- my daughter ( (14 mnths) died of Reyes Syndrome. She had been given only moderate amounts of this product. ( Bonjela) My other 2 children had been fine with it. It seemed harmless enough. It is banned in UK-( with Salicylates) because of this link to Reyes Syndrome. Should be banned in Australia. Beware!

FiT
FiTSydney, NSW

Get one made by a compounding pharmacy

Didn't help my son at all. We then had one made by a compounding pharmacist. When I put this on my gums to test it our they felt numb! At the same time I put bonjela on the other gum, didn't feel numb at all... give it a try

Purchased in December 2018.

Child Medications

Find out how Bonjela Gel compares to other Child Medications

Amy-Lee S
Amy-Lee SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cant live without it

This has been a lifesaver since my daughter started teething. Put some on her mouth and she starts to settle straight away. I make sure i have it with me at all times.

Purchased in September 2018 at Coles Supermarkets for $9.00.

Robbo888
Robbo888Sydney

Really helpful for mouth ulcers

I bought this about a year ago and it has served me well. It stings a little bit and tastes a bit like licorice, but does the job. I apply about a pea size portion to the affected area and leave it for about 5 minutes to do its job!

Sarah
SarahGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great for teethers

We have always used this teething gel during nights when my daughter wouldn't sleep due to teething pain. It has always soothen her up. On doctors suggestion, I have also used this when she got hand foot mouth to help her eat. Great product - strongly recommend for young kids.

The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-baby-product-awards-for-2020
Kat
KatNewcastle

Magic Gel!

I've been using this since I was young (now 39) on myself and now my 2 children.
It's great to help with teething for the kids, or I use it on ulcers for myself. Even those little pesky pimples that appear on your tongue.
Works like a numbing cream and give fairly quick relief.

ChelseaJaronCharlie
ChelseaJaronCharlieQLD, 4227

This does help

This product is good for when they first have teething symptoms, it does take the edge off the pain and makes my son feel a bit better. This is all I used on my oldest son as teething didn't cause him any pain or discomfort so I used this a few times a day but my 4 month old suffers lots of pain so it only just takes a bit of the pain away so I have to use it with panadol to manage the pain

Child Medications

Find out how Bonjela Gel compares to other Child Medications

Leighanne53
Leighanne53NSW, 2032

Great for teething relief

I have used this for my three sons and it definitely provides welcome relief when teething.
I try to avoid using panadol or Nurofen if I can, so grateful that a small application of bonjela usually does the trick.
Although baby does not necessarily like having it applied, once it is on the gums the relief seems to be almost immediate.
Try to make sure baby's face is clear of dribble when you apply otherwise it makes it extra difficult.
Definitely an essential item from when baby is around 4 months.
Helps with teething pain.
Can be difficult to apply. Baby not too keen on flavour.