2Nurofen for Children

2.0
Taste

Curious Mum
Curious Mum

Pain relief and works great on kids!!

I love Nurofen for children and have always used it from the age of 3 months and above!
However, It is a bit expensive come to the other brands also I would highly appreciate to the makers of this medicine to please make the syringe size bigger upto 10ml atleast like the other brands in the market. My son only drinks medicine from the orange syringe. It would have a great impact on the consumers (parents like me) who has to carry 2 syringes to make it upto 10mls or more required by weight n age! Please consider these 2 things, price and size of the syringe! Thanks Show details
Taste
Sim1here
Sim1hereSydney, NSW61 posts

Nurofen

Nurofen syrup must taste good because when bub isn't feeling well he will willingly take the syringe from me and suck this liquid down. The syringe is easy to use and you must invert the bottle, making it easier to get the contents out of the bottom. It has a safety cap making this bottle effectively child proof. It's age range is much larger than other brands and slightly more cost effective. It's been a great product for our family.  Show details
Scott B.
Scott B.South East Queensland, QLD

Syringe Size Stinks!

Syringe size is too small. Any child over 1 needs multiple syringes of Nurofen. Why not make a larger syringe? Is it news that children fight taking medicine? Works well once it's in. Show details
Cait92
Cait92Batemans bay

Works very fast

I bought Nurofen for my daughter to help with her teething as she was struggling alot with it

It works very fast for her so she can keep playing and being her happy self again and she loves the flavor which is great as she can be abit fussy with flavors

Show reply

Andy
AndyPerth4 posts

Worked ok for us

Worked ok for us when our child was advised to take some from the Professionals, Health Direct.

The medicine worked within about 20 minutes and lasted for around 6 hours so we were happy.

The only issue was that it seems pricey and we couldn't find any alternative brands for comparison and when you

need something fast you don't have time to browse.

Standard
StandardVictoriaAustralia39 posts

Much better than Panadol

This is our go-to for fevers in our baby daughter, it tastes amazing and she loves it! It tastes like strawberry marshmellow, some adults we spoke to even prefer Nurofen for Children rather than the adult pills. The included syringe is easy to use, and cools her temps from 39 to 37 in 15 minutes!

yvst
yvst

Devastated

My young fella has taken medicine well in the past and all of a sudden he is avoiding it with a vengeance? After trying to get him to take some Nurofen for Children last night and getting it spilled all over us, I had a taste and was furious to find that it tasted spicy hot as if it had pepper or tobasco added to it. Is this a cruel joke? I feel like the worst mother ever now for making my son take this to feel better, thanks a lot!

Boomy
BoomySouth East Queensland, QLD25 posts

CocoDee
CocoDee13 posts

My preferred choice of pain relief medication

I love this product! It works fast, it tastes great and the syringe plunger is so much easier to use than a dropper or any other dosing device. You don't have to hold the children down to get them to take it! It's easy to clean as well. I was a bit skeptical about giving Nurofen to a child. Had heard it can be a bit strong for little tummies but given on a full stomach, I have had no such problems with it!
Everything!
CrankyMumWTF
CrankyMumWTFSydney3 posts

Half the strength of baby nurofen

Nurofen for kids 1-5 years is half the strength of baby nurofen and so twice the volume is required in a dose. What the...?!?! The syringe isn't big enough to hold a single dose (9mL) for my 16 month old son. A traumatic experience for all of us, we won't be repeating it.
If you can get it into them, it does work
Very difficult to administer a dose; half the strength of baby nurofen
Vundaful
VundafulPerth30 posts

BelMarDom
BelMarDomSydney, NSW11 posts

Love love love this product!

Trusted name, trusted ingredient, easy to dispense, great taste & it works! What more could you ask for!!

To all those that are worried about the potential for stomach ulcers, if you give it as it is recommended you shouldn't have any problems. Any drug - including paracetamol, will have potential side effects if not taken as recommended.
It works great & is easy to dispense.

LittleDCJ
LittleDCJAU114 posts

Good

Nurofen is a great product as it gives long lasting pain relief. I find it very effective for teething pain and it helps my kids to sleep through the night when they have sore gums. The dosing guide is very easy to use and just uses the child's weight in the range. It's a pleasant taste and my kids never refuse nurofen due to it's taste unlike some other brands.
Pleasant taste

Easy to measure dose in the syringe

Childproof lock

Fast acting to provide pain relief

Easy to use guide on which does to give for weight
Nothing I can think of

mundpets
mundpetsAU23 posts

Kids like the taste and easy to measure the dose, I even use the syring for other medications such as anti biotics, as they get the whole amount unlike measuring cups where half the dose stays in there.Reasonably priced and a great product.
great for all the family
Havn't found any so far.
NinaJay
NinaJaySouth East Queensland, QLD108 posts

Good

Good flavour (well, my child likes it), easy to use and delivers fast, effective pain relief. I love the nurofen syringe. I actually use that to dose a variety of other products (vitamins, fish oil). My daughter will take just about anything as long as it comes out of the nurofen syringe
Very effective for more intense pain and quite good for fevers. I use this only when panadol doesn't give relief as I am a bit cautious of overusing ibuprofen.

Easy to use syringe and no spill bottle.
It is a very small bottle for the price. I have had the no spill stopper come off a few times making it tricky to dose.