3Domestos

Domestos

3Domestos
4.2

78%22%0%

Smell
3.0

JLozz
JLozzGold Coast16 posts

Avid cleaner

I thoroughly enjoy cleaning and like everything put away when I can. I dislike having separate bathroom, kitchen, shower, counter, wall and floor cleaners and have been on and off cleaning with bleach over the years (diluted and not). After comparing this with a few others I find this the most effective and long lasting. I like the bottle and its nose which is direct and looks like you could almost refil it. As for smell you have to just have to adjust, all bleach smells and the ones that don't, probably aren't effective Show details
Smell
goldcoastlady
goldcoastladySouth East Queensland, QLD101 posts

love this product

Easily the best cleaner on the market. Easily cleaned some stubbon cooking marks off my sink and when diluted the floors are so clean. Good in the shower and also I used diluted to clean inside my car Show details
KOmbiman
KOmbiman

best on the market

I use domestos like my mother tought me and its the best you can get, has the strongest active ingredient of all of them and youcan smell how much bleach is in it. just apply it to the area you want to clean then rub it into the area very generously and leave it for a few minutes then rinse with a hose or bucket of water and its all clean. i 100% recommend this to anyone.

but keep well ventilated or get a mask if applying alot of it. as it can take your breath away from being so strong.

brian
brian3,656 posts

extremely good

I have bought these demestos products and fair few times from the supermarkets and found them to be a extremely affective cleaner though just like any other cleaner the germs get used to the ingredients so I used to change cleaning from demestos to handy andy cleaners or white king then came back to demestos later / in my opinion demestos is worth every dollar / I totally recommend this product to anyone who is interested in cleaning

brian
brian3,656 posts

Pretty good

I used to buy demestos from either coles supermarkets or Woolworths supermarkets / I found the demestos range quite good though I preferred the pink bottle / though like any other cleaner the germs get used to the ingredients so it's probably best to change cleaning brand names now and again / I totally recommend this product to anyone isn't afraid to put some effort in and do some cleaning

rearrange
rearrangeAU32 posts

OK

Domestos has been around forever and it is fabulous for removing mould from showers and baths. It is particularly good at getting mould off tile grout. It is also great for cleaning up waste traps (plug holes). Just pour it on neat, wait for a few minutes, give it a wipe with a sponge and your waste traps will look like new.

But make sure you only use this product in an extremely well ventilated space (i.e. powerful exhaust fan or large opening window on a windy day). Its fumes are awful and cause me headaches. I don't use it any more for this reason.
Great for removing mould from showers
Toxic fumes prompt migraines

doublecurl
doublecurlSydney, NSW164 posts
  Regular

Good

I mainly use this as a toilet cleaner as i don't think i can handle it anywhere else. It cleans wonderfully well, however the smell is really bad and you have to make sure all the windows and vents are opened so you don't get too badly affected from the smell.I might try other cleaners just to see if it cleans as well but doesn't smell as bad.
Cleans very well. Easy to find at any supermarket
Smells awful and is probably very toxic. Make sure your space is well ventilated or you might get headaches.
Boshy888NSW, 244434 posts
  Regular

Ok but not the best one for mildew

I tried this. The fumes are kinder than Selleys Rapid Mould Killer but it doesn't bleach the mould as quickly or as well. It does help get built up soap scum off but vinegar mix with dishwash liquid (left to sit for 1/2 hour seems to work better. Domestos Regular and the Selleys product need the doors and windows open with the vent on and try not to breath too much due to fumes.
Its OK
Fumes are not so good
OzGirl
OzGirlAustralia
  Mountain Fresh

It works. Smell is not so great though

I had a heap of bathroom mould in my shower. I put the Domestos on it, left it for a few hours and then came back and scrubbed the mould off with a scrubbing brush. It came off!! It looks 80-90% cleaner than before.
Price was reasonable. The product works!!
The smell. Use this product in a well ventilated area!!