Dragonfly Floating Pool Cleaner

Dragonfly Floating Pool Cleaner

Doing it's job superbly so far

My dragonfly arrived promptly post my internet order and I set about putting it together.

There's no getting around the fact that first time setup is a bit of a chore, it would be nice if the company could have included a small cheap ring spanner type tool as my small shifter was next to no help in affixing the floats so it was finger tightening for me. Getting the right level is also an exercise in frustration but after about half an hours worth of trial and error I was able to set it up correctly.

I have a three speed Davey pump that is almost exclusively run in ECO mode drawing only 180W. I was concerned that this wouldn't be enough oomph to operate the dragonfly effectively but my concern was unwarranted. I sat there transfixed as the dragonfly drew in all of the leaves, dust and other various garden material that blows unchecked into our pool. To be honest I sat and watched it do this for a hour, it's an incredibly relaxing thing to do.

By the end of the first hour of operation the Dragonfly had completely cleared any leaves or other impurities from the top of the pool water and it was sparkling in a way that I don't think I've seen before.

All in all I am very happy with the Dragonfly now. I'll be sure to update this review after some more time with the product.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Since setting up the Dragonfly I've discovered that it works far better when I run the pump in medium setting rather than ECO mode - it cost a little more but it also functions far more effectively. This is due to the fact that the pump runs in high speed mode for the first hour which can result in the Dragonfly flooding itself when it reverts to ECO mode. I've found the running in the MID setting prevents this. Overall I'm still very happy with the Dragonfly - whilst I do get some leaves in the bottom of the pool that require vacuuming this is to be expected given that the pump is only on 6 hours a day. Water quality has been greatly improved, clarity is better than ever and I've definitely had to use less chemicals than in previous years.

Great for Leafy Areas

Had the Dragonfly pool cleaner for nearly 12 months and it's made a huge difference to the appearance and cleanliness of our pool. Our yard backs onto a lovely park that is full of large gum trees. Great for the shade and outlook from our house but it meant that our pool was forever filled with very large leaves and gum blossom. We went through several pool cleaners before we tried the Dragonfly that couldn't cope with the amount and size of the leaf litter that was coming into our pool.

The Dragonfly took a little time and experimentation to set up perfectly but now it is far and away the best cleaner for removing the large leaves and amount of debris that comes from the nearby park.

Highly recommended for those in areas near large trees that continually drop leaves.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Clearest pool water we've ever had.

We've had our dragonfly pool cleaner for a few months now and we couldn't be happier. Backing onto a main road our pool was forever dirty from pollution but not any more. Our water is crystal clear and cleaner than ever and we have even reduced down our chemical usage. I would definitely recommend this product for anyone who lives near a main road or leafy area.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Amazing - couldn't ask for more

The Dragonfly has been excellent at keeping our pool clean. We have a huge Jacaranda tree surrounding our pool and we are forever having to scoop out the flowers. It's saved me so much time.

Maintaining the pool is no longer a chore and no we have more time to enjoy it!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great Aussie Product

I was a bit of sceptic at first but I am so pleased with my Dragonfly. I have a huge tree that drops loads of leaves and no other cleaners have been able to keep my pool clean. The Dragonfly was a little tricky to install but once I had it up and running it has been amazing, my pool is so clean. Wish I bought one years ago. Aussie invented and good service. Highly recommend.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Does anyone run there dragon fly connected to a bottom cleaner at the same time ? Seen this on some videos ? Or it’s not really needed.

Why does the pressure drop after five minutes run time?
We are not sure what pressure you are referring to, is the Dragonfly suction reducing? There are many reasons this could happen. Your filter could require backwashing, there could be a small crack or tear in the pool hose. If you contact max@dragonfly.biz and supply a bit more information he will help you out with technical support. Thank you.Thanks ! Have contacted Max and he has given me some guide on what to trouble shoot for. Much appreciated

Similar listings